Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 03:19 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,647,873 times

Advertisements

It's a private school, and the dad knew what the rules were, yet decides to become a SJW viral 'hero' and file a lawsuit over it.

What a valuable 'lesson' this daddy is teaching his young son (just like countless other 'parents' that continue to teach their kids that rules are always meant to be broken).

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/dad-...154344353.html

Quote:
A father is taking legal action against a school for banning his 6-year-old son for his hairstyle.

Clinton Stanley of Apopka, Fla., filed a complaint against A Book’s Christian Academy for illegal racial discrimination “on behalf of my son and other Black children in my community,” he wrote in a Thursday blog post for the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) of Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2018, 03:40 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,363 times
Going to court for a 6 yr old's hair style is stupid and wasteful. Makes you wonder why he chose to enter his child into that school. Why do people try something new and then try to change it? That's one of the main reasons Florida is in the news so much, (appropriate expletive) move here and then try to change everything.

Old 11-30-2018, 04:30 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
It's a private school, and the dad knew what the rules were, yet decides to become a SJW viral 'hero' and file a lawsuit over it.

What a valuable 'lesson' this daddy is teaching his young son (just like countless other 'parents' that continue to teach their kids that rules are always meant to be broken).

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/dad-...154344353.html
The boy looked so cute and adorable.

This said, It is a Christian school. The dress code is

“All boys hair must be a tapered cut, off the collar and ears. There are to be no dreads, Mohawks, designs, unnatural color, or unnatural designs.”

I went to a religious school when I was a kid. I did not have a terrible experience I must say, but the dress code was strict.

My little nephew is going to a Catholic School and Catholic school has rules too. Some of the rules I personally find to be annoying and unnecessary, but some of the rules I personally like. I think parents need to make a choice and find a school that is the best suits for your children. Making the school change or bend the rules is unrealistic.

Old 11-30-2018, 04:34 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,965,100 times
private school private rules.

Old 11-30-2018, 04:36 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,562,815 times
It's never too early to teach victim mentality.

Old 11-30-2018, 05:15 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,353,110 times
I think it is stupid for a school to decide what kinds of haircuts are acceptable and not.

But it is more stupid to enroll your child in such a school, then cultivate a forbidden haircut on on him, then cry racial discrimination.

Old 11-30-2018, 05:47 PM

8,484 posts, read 6,889,316 times
Oh the humanity. Kid has to conform to a haircut code agreed to by the Dad to attend a strictly elective non public religious school. The injustice is intolerable. Will he be scarred for life?

Old 11-30-2018, 11:31 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
I would agree its pretty dumb of the school to even have restrictions on hair styles.

If you do not agree with a rule or law, work to change it is what we always say, so more power to him I say, maybe the kid will grow up and question why we have some other dumb laws and work to get them changed too.

Old 12-01-2018, 12:36 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,114,378 times
I'd say, private school their rules.

BUT,

I'd also say private school has archaic rules that might need updating for their own benefit since dreads is a common hairstyle among people of African ancestry..

Old 12-01-2018, 01:01 AM

2,362 posts, read 777,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Going to court for a 6 yr old's hair style is stupid and wasteful. Makes you wonder why he chose to enter his child into that school. Why do people try something new and then try to change it? That's one of the main reasons Florida is in the news so much, (appropriate expletive) move here and then try to change everything.
It's not clear if he knew that his son's haircut would be disallowed. Some of these rules are vaguely written, and dreadlocks might not have been explicitly mentioned. And then his son gets in, gets harassed, and ultimately booted from the school which will cause his son to lose one year of schooling in a critical period of his educational trajectory - over what, dreadlocks?

Let him sue, I'd sue too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies