Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 08:09 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Yeah it's funny Chris Brown can sing a song called "these Hoes ain't loyal" and everybody's like "meh, it's hip-hop so I guess it's cool"

But this dorky Christmas song from 1944...whoa now! Triggered AF.

Bingo!

What's really unsettling is that people, albeit an overwhelming minority, are reading something sinister into THIS song, while so many others with overt misogyny fly under their radar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2018, 08:16 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,086,259 times
This is so pathetic . This song is nothing compared to a lot of the trash that’s gone out the past 30 years or so. It’s a fun little holiday song and these moronic complainers need to get their heads examined. So tired of all this bs.

Old 11-30-2018, 08:17 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Bingo!

What's really unsettling is that people, albeit an overwhelming minority, are reading something sinister into THIS song, while so many others with overt misogyny fly under their radar.
Sorry, I told you that I'm not young, so I honestly have no idea about the other songs referenced in this thread.

Old 11-30-2018, 08:24 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Bingo!

I think the far left types are having a good time trying to out troll each other with who can be more out there. Have any of theses fools listened to Too Short? Never a word out their mouths....

Old 11-30-2018, 08:29 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
An Ohio radio station banned the "date-rape" Christmas song - Baby It's Cold Outside

It can be read that way... a masher convincing a girl to stay the night, instead of going home to her worrying parents, and to have another drink, and she asks "say, what's in this drink?"
.. and the guy pressing for action with a guilt trip of "What's the sense in hurting my pride?" and "How can you do this thing to me?"

But of course I'm sure there are way worse songs out there about "conquest"... but Christmas songs?

Lyrics: https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/sheh...ldoutside.html

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...e-too-movement
The Leftists are Bat Guano Nutters Normal People are well aware of that. It’s a sickness within them.

Old 11-30-2018, 08:41 PM

24,461 posts, read 17,203,514 times
That is one of my favorite Christmas songs. It is fun and it is an example of the age old boy chasing girl scenario.

A song that is really offensive (to men) but no one cares about us is "Santa Baby" where the woman singing it is flirting and using her sex appeal to get what she wants and if you can't give her the things then you don't get to "hurry down the chimney tonight". The song has been covered at least 4 times but the one that is most played is sung by Madonna.. Need I say more?

People need to get a life.

Old 11-30-2018, 08:45 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
I'm on board with this. And along with this, I'd like stations to stop playing Little St. Nick, an obvious jab at those who are height-challenged, Do You Hear What I Hear, mocking the elderly, and Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, because there is nothing amusing about drunks.

Old 11-30-2018, 08:47 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
I bet that Ohio radio station that decided to not play Baby its cold outside -- wouldn't play Chris Brown either.

It's like expecting the Disney Channel to play the same stuff HBO does.

Old 11-30-2018, 08:49 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Well, anything is better than the moldy old standards that they play on a loop in stores before the holidays. How many times must we endure listening to Frosty, Rudolph and Jingle Bells and those are just a few that they play ad nauseum.

Old 11-30-2018, 08:51 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Sorry, I told you that I'm not young, so I honestly have no idea about the other songs referenced in this thread.

I wasn't referring to you. You probably haven't even heard half of what passes for "music" today lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies