Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2018, 02:57 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,448,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
I would be all for sending troops to South Africa to retake the land for the white farmers.
Have you enlisted?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2018, 03:03 PM

18,986 posts, read 8,991,867 times
Quote:
I would be all for sending troops to South Africa to retake the land for the white farmers.
Because America hasn't meddled in other countries' business enough, right?

How about, it's none of our business? Let South Africa chart its own course. It has nothing to do with us, and it sure as hell is no business of the U.S. military.

Old 12-01-2018, 03:53 PM

16,172 posts, read 8,319,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
When Whites become minority in the next 50-100 years the American blacks will do the same and take away all their property. And that would be the end of the USA.

For starters blacks are not going to become the majority, and whites will still be the largest racial group. If and when whites become a minority, it will be based on all minorities combined being a large group than whites, not any individual race of minority overtaking whites.
At least not in the next 100 years.

Whites birthrates have dropped to below sustainable numbers (requires at least 2.3 kids per couple) while some minority birthrates are above that.
The irony of course is that whites pay for poor minorities to have more and more kids, but put off having their own for fear of not being able to financially afford them.

`

Old 12-01-2018, 04:26 PM

5,885 posts, read 3,859,242 times
Quote:
How much is that going to cost? We're already $21 trillion in debt.

Old 12-01-2018, 04:28 PM

24,230 posts, read 16,911,280 times
Oh well. Why not let the natives manage their own land and we will revisit the situation in 10 years to see how they are doing. I'd like to think they could really make a go of it (farming) but Africa has a history of corruption and dictators...

Old 12-01-2018, 08:07 PM

7,721 posts, read 6,277,770 times
If I were a white South African, I would have moved years ago.

If SA goes the way of the Kenya Mau-Mau It will not be pretty.

Old 12-02-2018, 07:24 AM

2,902 posts, read 1,957,565 times
Sad that the world came down hard on Apartheid to end it, but is silent when whites are the ones who are oppressed. People making comments against white South Africans obviously don't know the history of that country.

Old 12-02-2018, 10:27 AM

5,885 posts, read 3,859,242 times
Quote:
Perhaps you should be more concerned about the struggling white farmers here in America who I have to bail out thanks to Trump's stupid tariffs.

Old 12-02-2018, 10:45 AM

16,172 posts, read 8,319,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
Sad that the world came down hard on Apartheid to end it, but is silent when whites are the ones who are oppressed. People making comments against white South Africans obviously don't know the history of that country.
Though we should not send our troops like one poster said we should do, I agree in principle with your comment.
The practice of Apartheid is an anathema to our values, but SA government was not really our business. Yet we and other countries put economic and political pressure on them to change. We also took the side of the Mandela's, who were known to have engaged in terrorist activities. Then once the Apartheid ended, we seemed to revel in the outcome, not being wary of the potential and unintended consequences.

Now it would seem that legally owned land is being taken away based on the race of the owners, and it might well turn into a bloodbath.
Yet as you point out, few seem to care or even empathize with the white farmers.
Since liberals always want to champion causes for minorities, why not in this case, as whites are a minority group that could be slaughtered knowing the history of SA?

`

Old 12-02-2018, 05:11 PM

2,902 posts, read 1,957,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Though we should not send our troops like one poster said we should do, I agree in principle with your comment.
The practice of Apartheid is an anathema to our values, but SA government was not really our business. Yet we and other countries put economic and political pressure on them to change. We also took the side of the Mandela's, who were known to have engaged in terrorist activities. Then once the Apartheid ended, we seemed to revel in the outcome, not being wary of the potential and unintended consequences.

Now it would seem that legally owned land is being taken away based on the race of the owners, and it might well turn into a bloodbath.
Yet as you point out, few seem to care or even empathize with the white farmers.
Since liberals always want to champion causes for minorities, why not in this case, as whites are a minority group that could be slaughtered knowing the history of SA?

`
I agree with everything you posted, Vector1. In 2017 the U.S. gave South Africa $471,000,000. That's a pretty big piece of leverage our government could use to put pressure on the South African government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies