Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2018, 11:23 AM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Yes, because all those GOP voted for ACA....oh, wait. NM.
Are you aware that red states have been voting to expand Medicaid? That is even more "free" than ACA subsidies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2018, 11:24 AM

21,932 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
It's truly sad that American culture extols the virtues of greed and stinginess to such levels we actually have an argument if tax payer dollars should go to making sure everyone has health care.
Guessing you are the payee and not the payor.

Old 12-04-2018, 11:25 AM

2,362 posts, read 777,709 times
Quote:
Guessing you are the payee and not the payor.
Unless you're one of the extreme cases (billionaire, or homeless) you most likely don't fit so neatly into one or the other. You use many government services that probably your taxes don't quite cover, but are made possible when everyone pools. And then there are services you don't use at all that you pay into. Don't think too highly of yourself.

Old 12-04-2018, 11:25 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Rubbish, you don't have a clue what you are talking about. At least i hope you are just speaking without realizing just how amazingly wrong you are.

a few times a month we cook for hungry kids, i do 25-50 meals. We buy the food, we cook the food, we serve the food. We have done it for years, we do it for free, we do it from our own pocket.

If i am wrong and you are right, how the duck are those kids so damn skinny so damn small and so damn hungry Grlzrl? Hmmm? they are Americans in America and they are ducking hungry little kids.

There are literally tens of millions of Americans who wrap themselves in flags and rant like fools about how great we are. Yet my entire life i have seen food banks and Americans seeking food. white, black, brown. But where i live they are mostly middle aged white dads and middle aged white moms.

BUT i also lived in europe a long time. And guess what while there is also poverty over there, it is rarely as extreme as it is over here in the US. You can pretend they are all communists, but the reality is they are capitalists too. Just not as extreme and mean spirited about it as the US has become.
Because the parents dont make any effort to feed their kids. I agree with Grlzrl. Between the free breakfast and lunch and summer feeding program, food stamps, food banks and other charities the only reason any child goes hungry is because worthless parents are not using these services to feed their kids.

Old 12-04-2018, 11:32 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
How many Democrats voted to repeal and replace? Oh, that's right. NONE.
Because there was no "replace" there, only repeal, which would have thrown millions of Americans out in the cold.

Come up with a better plan. We've been listening to six years of screeching about how awful the ACA is, but not a single moment spent on actually trying to fix it or propose something else. Because all the Republicans are really good at is whining about Democrats. They have nothing to offer outside of that.

Old 12-04-2018, 11:34 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
It's a flawed system. No doubt.
I wish we had something better.

But I'm thankful for it.
We won't. Republicans want legacy healthcare. They have no plan to fix ObamaCare. My opinion is if we were to remove ObamaCare, we need to have Medicare for all ready to go.

Old 12-04-2018, 11:39 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Are you aware that red states have been voting to expand Medicaid? That is even more "free" than ACA subsidies.
People work too hard ^^^ to justify their handout.

It cracks me up when someone points out red state and blue state as if everyone in the state votes the same.

Old 12-04-2018, 11:42 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
We won't. Republicans want legacy healthcare. They have no plan to fix ObamaCare. My opinion is if we were to remove ObamaCare, we need to have Medicare for all ready to go.
I hope this is one thing the Democratic House plans to work on immediately. No, we probably won't get it past the cretins in the Senate any time in the next two years, but have it ready to go for 2020. We'll have a much better chance of passing it then.

Old 12-04-2018, 11:43 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Because the parents dont make any effort to feed their kids. I agree with Grlzrl. Between the free breakfast and lunch and summer feeding program, food stamps, food banks and other charities the only reason any child goes hungry is because worthless parents are not using these services to feed their kids.
Some schools are expanding this to include free dinners. So now parents in those areas aren't responsible at all for feeding their children.

Old 12-04-2018, 11:46 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Many doctors don't accept Medicaid and Medicaid patients have higher death rates than privately insured patients.
You are so full of ****. I've worked in the healthcare field for 20+ years. Patients are people and our job, our mentality, was to give the best care we were able to give period!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies