Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 03:01 PM

8,498 posts, read 4,559,995 times

Advertisements

It is sad that some people can't see bigotry and racism when it is right in front of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2018, 03:33 PM

16,590 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
It is sad that some people can't see bigotry and racism when it is right in front of them.
It is sad that some people see bigotry and racism around every corner when it does not exist.

What the PC leftist crowd call racism is in most cases just human beings interacting with each other and disagreeing, regardless of the race of the person they disagree with.

`

Old 12-03-2018, 03:39 PM

8,498 posts, read 4,559,995 times
It is sad these these subtle ads play on people's bigotry without them even realizing it thus making them effective.

Old 12-03-2018, 05:20 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

You really don't believe that statement, do you?
If so, you are devoid of historical facts, even regarding one of our counties most popular presidents.

`
I admit I've only read about 4-5,000 pages on Teddy....but based on that, I don't seem to have gotten it wrong.

Progressive:
https://www.history.com/this-day-in-...oose-candidate

" the Progressive platform called for the direct election of U.S. senators, woman suffrage, reduction of the tariff, and many social reforms. Roosevelt, who served as the 26th president of the United States from 1901 to 1909, embarked on a vigorous campaign as the party’s presidential candidate. A key point of his platform was the “Square Deal”–Roosevelt’s concept of a society based on fair business competition and increased welfare for needy Americans."

"One of Roosevelt's central beliefs was that the government had the right to regulate big business to protect the welfare of society. "

"Roosevelt believed that the government should use its resources to help achieve economic and social justice"

You might call him a SJW, eh?

Surely you know the score, right? He was a fair minded person and that's basically why he left the Republican Party and started the Progressive (Bullmoose) party....because Taft and friends were not continuing the progressive policies that he was so keen on.

That's the story and I am sticking to it.

Old 12-03-2018, 05:38 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
According to the leftist media, CNN, MSNBC, etc., it's one of the most racist adverts in American history.

When did they say this? About a month ago when they tried to paste it onto Trump for what he said about the caravan of illegals.

They can't do a "John McCain" on it now.

Old 12-03-2018, 05:44 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
According to the leftist media, CNN, MSNBC, etc., it's one of the most racist adverts in American history.

When did they say this? About a month ago when they tried to paste it onto Trump for what he said about the caravan of illegals.

They can't do a "John McCain" on it now.
I think it is.....if you qualify it as being a POTUS campaign and "I approved this message"......of course, it doesn't compare with the GWB campaign stuff in SC against McCain saying he had a black baby. But that's a primary.

"a push poll (a ploy to disseminate information rather than collect it) called voters to ask, "Would you be more or less likely to vote for John McCain…if you knew he had fathered an illegitimate black child?"

The push poll implied that John and Cindy McCain’s 9-year-old daughter Bridget, whom they adopted from an orphanage in Bangladesh, was actually the Arizona senator’s love child."

Question - do you think that push poll in SC in 2000 against McCain was a racist ploy? Yes or No.

Old 12-03-2018, 05:55 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post

Question - do you think that push poll in SC in 2000 against McCain was a racist ploy? Yes or No.
I voted for Gore in that election. Could never bring myself to vote for ANYONE in the Bush family.

But it's clear that the RNC had clearly settled on making sure that GW Bush was going to be the nominee, and the MSM was right behind them on that one. I remember thinking this about that election. The others, and there were other big names beyond McCain stood no chance.

And being close to South Carolina, I can also tell you that it made not one bit of difference in the South Carolina primary. I can't speak for the motivations of those behind it, but I will say, the people in that state are not as stupid as the MSM tries to stereotype.. McCain was never going to win SC.

John McCain generally is not liked there, and even in 2008, Huckabee won more counties than McCain though McCain got most of the delegates.

Last edited by WaldoKitty; 12-03-2018 at 06:29 PM..

Old 12-03-2018, 06:28 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,010,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Surely you know the score, right? He was a fair minded person and that's basically why he left the Republican Party and started the Progressive (Bullmoose) party....because Taft and friends were not continuing the progressive policies that he was so keen on.

That's the story and I am sticking to it.
This is inaccurate. Roosevelt sought the GOP nomination in 1912, but Taft as incumbent president controlled the party machinery, so he was able to win the nomination. Only then did TR launch his 3rd party bid.

Old 12-03-2018, 06:32 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,141,179 times
Well, it was certainly unfair, and it's considered that part of the plan was to capitalize on racism.

And, actually, although I can't recall the details, when it was closely analyzed, it was said not to be legitimate to pin it on Dukakis.

Old 12-03-2018, 06:39 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,010,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Well, it was certainly unfair, and it's considered that part of the plan was to capitalize on racism.

And, actually, although I can't recall the details, when it was closely analyzed, it was said not to be legitimate to pin it on Dukakis. (emphasis added)

"it's considered" by whom? Of course it was considered so by political opponents. Is there evidence that the Bush campaign considered it to be so? That is the evidence you need to prove racism.

If you have to ask the question, the answer is probably "no." Like with any other accusation, one is non-racist until proven racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies