Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 09:43 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
There is therapy for what ails you. At least Melania is not starving school children.
I Really Don't Care
Do You?

- signed Melania Trump
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2018, 10:12 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The audacity. The unmitigated gall of the right.

You people are supporting a racist, lying, philandering, treasonous, thieving head of an international organized crime syndicate married to a foreign, barely English speaking, chain migration abusing former sex worker who wore a message on her clothing to let Americans know that she REALLY doesn't care.

Please stop. You people are embarrassing yourselves at this point.
I saw her on the Oprah show long before the 2016 Trump campaign. She came across as an intelligent, dry witted, thoughtful woman, who despite her heavy accent, correctly used vocabulary when she spoke worthy of your average American college graduate. I remember thinking at the time that Trump snagged a better woman than he deserved. Speaking with an accent is not an indication of low intellect, in reality it means the person is smart enough that they can communication to a functioning level in multiple languages - something the vast majority of people are incapable of doing. Statements like yours are why the centrist, who are not Trump fans themselves, are no longer listening to you. You put us in a position where we feel we need to defend him, or in this case her.

The woman has been slandered, trashed, and disrespected by the media in a way no First Lady in the history of this nation has ever been treated. It’s shameful. I don’t doubt for one single minute that the “I don’t care” message was meant for that. Bad idea, but in some ways the temptation for her to wear such a garment is understandable.

I didn’t vote for Trump, was devastated when he won the Republican primary, and am still frustrated neither party had a candidate I morally felt I could vote for. At this juncture we all need to stop reacting like Jack-in-the-boxes to every tiny thing the president does, quit making mountains out of molehills, stop the partisan witch hunting, quit feeding his media spotlight lust, because us middle of the road folks are suffering from the fatigue of watching disproportionate anger and outrage and are tuning you out.

So far, the Democratic contenders are too divisive for cross aisle voting. If you want Trump gone give us a reasonable candidate in 2020 and we’ll vote for them - Biden, Hillary, Spartacus, Bernie, Warren, and a couple of other names thrown out there aren’t going to do the trick.

Old 12-13-2018, 10:24 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,825,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I saw her on the Oprah show long before the 2016 Trump campaign. She came across as an intelligent, dry witted, thoughtful woman, who despite her heavy accent, correctly used vocabulary when she spoke worthy of your average American college graduate. I remember thinking at the time that Trump snagged a better woman than he deserved. Speaking with an accent is not an indication of low intellect, in reality it means the person is smart enough that they can communication to a functioning level in multiple languages - something the vast majority of people are incapable of doing. Statements like yours are why the centrist, who are not Trump fans themselves, are no longer listening to you. You put us in a position where we feel we need to defend him, or in this case her.

The woman has been slandered, trashed, and disrespected by the media in a way no First Lady in the history of this nation has ever been treated. It’s shameful. I don’t doubt for one single minute that the “I don’t care” message was meant for that. Bad idea, but in some ways the temptation for her to wear such a garment is understandable.

I didn’t vote for Trump, was devastated when he won the Republican primary, and am still frustrated neither party had a candidate I morally felt I could vote for. At this juncture we all need to stop reacting like Jack-in-the-boxes to every tiny thing the president does, quit making mountains out of molehills, stop the partisan witch hunting, quit feeding his media spotlight lust, because us middle of the road folks are suffering from the fatigue of watching disproportionate anger and outrage and are tuning you out.

So far, the Democratic contenders are too divisive for cross aisle voting. If you want Trump gone give us a reasonable candidate in 2020 and we’ll vote for them - Biden, Hillary, Spartacus, Bernie, Warren, and a couple of other names thrown out there aren’t going to do the trick.
Very well said.

Old 12-13-2018, 10:29 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:

You people are supporting a racist, lying, philandering, treasonous, thieving head of an international organized crime syndicate married to a foreign, barely English speaking, chain migration abusing former sex worker who wore a message on her clothing to let Americans know that she REALLY doesn't care.

Except he's not those things. And that is why we will never "cool it down" with the left. The more they lie, the more they're going to get thrown at them.

Old 12-13-2018, 10:34 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,193,482 times
Quote:

There is your answer OP. Once the “racist” “treasonous” etc. terms are thrown out all rational debate stops. You can’t reason with thought like this, it poisons conversation. I wish we could turn it down and maybe we will in the not too distance future, I keep hope.

Old 12-13-2018, 10:38 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
The right was/is disgustingly nasty to Michelle Obama on a scale that far outpaces the treatment that Melania Trump receives.

I take issue with the lies that were told to make Melania Trump appear to be an educated woman....but they LIED about her background. They lied about her education. They lied about her modeling career. They lied about the number of languages that she speaks. They lied about her plagiarizing Michelle Obama's speech. They lied about how she met Trump. They lie and lie and lie.

Melania deserves the same treatment that Republicans gave to Michelle Obama. The same people begging for mercy for Melania said the most horrible things about the previous FLOTUS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post

Old 12-13-2018, 10:39 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:

Its amazing but they are still several rungs higher on the decency ladder than the lying democrats. Most who are to stupid to be embarrassed as they champion everything but the American citizen.
Notice how I turned it down, in the sprit of cooperation, and would gladly watch hell freeze over when the last democrat was under the ice. The very thought makes for an excelled start to any day, like a cup of coffee. .

Last edited by phma; 12-13-2018 at 10:58 PM..

Old 12-13-2018, 10:48 PM

8,553 posts, read 10,978,234 times
Quote:

Let me take a wild guess here.
You voted for Hillary.

Bob.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 12-15-2018 at 04:03 AM.. Reason: Personal attack

Old 12-13-2018, 10:53 PM

11,251 posts, read 11,025,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
The party not currently occupying the White House has an extremist fringe (not really sure if it can be called a "fringe" anymore) whose leash is far too long to make what you proposed a reality OP.
Quote:
Thank you for so quickly and vividly proving my point!

Old 12-13-2018, 11:28 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:

Naw, these Racist, treasonous, Communist, KKK, Democrats are all gone now. Democrats, they will take anyone
Attached Thumbnails
Can't we all just get along? Can't we turn down the temperature a degree or two?-john-brennan-commie.jpg   Can't we all just get along? Can't we turn down the temperature a degree or two?-farracon.jpg   Can't we all just get along? Can't we turn down the temperature a degree or two?-van-commie.jpg   Can't we all just get along? Can't we turn down the temperature a degree or two?-byrd.jpg   Can't we all just get along? Can't we turn down the temperature a degree or two?-harvey.jpg  

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies