Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2018, 05:02 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,362,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
"Us."

It doesn't benefit me in the slightest. It's just another way to waste my stolen income.

Oh--and while their government may want us there, the people certainly don't:

Thousands Protest U.S. Okinawa Base | ABC News

Tens of thousands rally for removal of US base from Japanese island | CNBC

I did specify that their government did. As for you and your "stolen income" thats just nonsense. Im so tired of the whining by folks like you that want all of the benefits, but none of the responsibility. Just by using the internet you're being a hypocrite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2018, 05:08 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,493,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I did specify that their government did. As for you and your "stolen income" thats just nonsense. Im so tired of the whining by folks like you that want all of the benefits, but none of the responsibility. Just by using the internet you're being a hypocrite.
Especially when you take into account where the internet originated from.

Old 12-05-2018, 05:18 PM

45,209 posts, read 26,424,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
Individuals collaborating

Old 12-05-2018, 05:28 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,117,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I. Don't. Want. Benefits. JFC.

How is maintaining 700 military operations in 90 countries--using taxpayer money to do so--not stealing from my income?

Old 12-05-2018, 05:29 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,117,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Individuals collaborating
Through voluntary exchange of ideas.

Old 12-05-2018, 05:29 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,668,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Exactly.

Craigiri, how exactly do you suppose the Russians could have "hacked" either of the jets in order to orchestrate this accident? What do you base that opinion on?
You must have not read my post. I clearly said this one sounds like an accident.

I also said that China and Russia have vast jamming and hacking capabilities which can take over ships (and, by extension, possibly anything computer operated)....and either stop them in their tracks or make them do funny things.

Let me repeat. This one seems like an accident at first glance. But given the basic area of the world, I would hope the military looks deeply into it.

Of course, they will never admit that those ships lost control of their systems. Imagine - telling the US Taxpayer that all those decades of work can be done away with?? Ain't gonna happen. They will try to harden it but chances are the Russians will be way ahead of them.....

As with anything else in the military, it's easier to develop countermeasures than "measures". A cheap (relatively) hypersonic missile can take out the most expensive surface warship on the planet....you might need two or three to do it.

It's not hard to figure these things out. We can't stop Russia from sending as many nukes as they like over here. No way. We will never (in this century) have technology to do so. So a country spending 1/10th or less what we do will always have parity.

Here is one article on it. Note - again, we cannot verify or debunk this except to say that the Russians and Chinese are extremely advanced and getting more so each day. While we plow money into aircraft carriers, they put more into electronic and cyber warfare and hypersonic cruise missiles and such. It's an arms race we can't win since we use brute force and are breaking our treasury.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rt-claims.html

Old 12-05-2018, 05:33 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,354,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
Al Gore again?

Old 12-05-2018, 05:33 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,717,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I am not sure how you would even consider this an attack. Inadequate training? Possible. Mechanical or computer malfunction? Most likely.
I’m going with human error.

Old 12-05-2018, 05:37 PM

34,229 posts, read 18,567,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Neither........Aviation is an inherently dangerous undertaking. Navel/Marine aviation even more so. Climb into a flight suit if you don't think so.

^^^^^This. Stuff happens. There's a million and one ways to kill yourself in an airplane.

Old 12-05-2018, 05:38 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,362,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
You must have not read my post. I clearly said this one sounds like an accident.

I also said that China and Russia have vast jamming and hacking capabilities which can take over ships (and, by extension, possibly anything computer operated)....and either stop them in their tracks or make them do funny things.
There are a lot of claims about a lot of things. And the US has a rather large ability to do things like this as well. If Russia ever goes for it, or China, I think everyone is going to get a whole bunch of unpleasant surprises. And I can assure you-the US is not going to be a helpless victim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies