Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2018, 04:54 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,139,003 times

Advertisements

You saw that Trump was sitting alone at the end of the row of seating?

I eventually realized that they had seated presidents in order of seniority/recency. But to all appearances, it looked as though Trump was on the end because everyone else refused to sit next to him.

I assume you all saw Trump staring ahead, stone-faced. Others sang the hymns and joined in the responsive readings. He didn't. The appearance was as if he was forced to be there by his staff, but he was determined to pout and remain indifferent.

I'm guessing that he never before had to sit through something so long, absolutely silent, with nothing at all about him.

Old 12-05-2018, 04:56 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,961,779 times
"...he never before had to sit through something so long, absolutely silent, with nothing at all about him."
weddings.

Old 12-05-2018, 04:59 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,713,615 times
I watched a part of it. Trump scowled and sat with his arms folded.

Everyone else was laughing at Bush 2’s humorous remembrances of his father.

Old 12-05-2018, 05:03 PM

8,478 posts, read 6,880,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post

I eventually realized that they had seated presidents in order of seniority/recency. But to all appearances, it looked as though Trump was on the end because everyone else refused to sit next to him.

I assume you all saw Trump staring ahead, stone-faced. Others sang the hymns and joined in the responsive readings. He didn't. The appearance was as if he was forced to be there by his staff, but he was determined to pout and remain indifferent.

I'm guessing that he never before had to sit through something so long, absolutely silent, with nothing at all about him.

He’s got Mueller on his mind swimming around in his head. Distractions. Distractions.

Old 12-05-2018, 05:07 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,069,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I watched a part of it. Trump scowled and sat with his arms folded.

Everyone else was laughing at Bush 2’s humorous remembrances of his father.
He's a self-centered boor who has no interest in anything that doesn't revolve around him.

I bet he was put off from having to listen to everyone praise President Bush for his service to his country, his heroism, and his class and decency. Maybe Trump was sitting there pondering that when he dies, no one is going to say anything nice about him like that. The country--and the world at large--are more likely to celebrate than mourn his passing. I bet on some level even someone as simpleminded and narcissistic as Trump realizes this.

Old 12-05-2018, 05:17 PM

505 posts, read 368,650 times
The man wouldn’t know the Apostles Creed from Apollo Creed.

Old 12-05-2018, 05:19 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,117,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I bet he was put off from having to listen to everyone praise President Bush for his service to his country, his heroism, and his class and decency.
You forgot his mass-murder and his war crimes.

Old 12-05-2018, 05:22 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,353,176 times
TDS is strong in this thread...

Old 12-05-2018, 05:36 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,139,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeydance View Post
"...he never before had to sit through something so long, absolutely silent, with nothing at all about him."
weddings.
Good point. The last wedding I can think of was when Trump inserted himself, uninvited, into someone's wedding. That was very brief. For his children's weddings, he would naturally have been preening and taking credit. And perhaps I should have specified that I was thinking of very "serious" events. For instance, he has ducked out early from international meetings that weren't all about him.

By the way, I haven't been to many weddings myself, but in my meager experience, they don't last as long as the funeral today did, do they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
You forgot his mass-murder and his war crimes.
We're talking about the funeral here. I don't believe that was mentioned at the funeral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
... what any non-TDS-sufferer would understand at first glance. These threads are chronicles of mental illness.
Perhaps I was paying more attention to the actual funeral than the seating chart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
He's a self-centered boor who has no interest in anything that doesn't revolve around him.

I bet he was put off from having to listen to everyone praise President Bush for his service to his country, his heroism, and his class and decency. Maybe Trump was sitting there pondering that when he dies, no one is going to say anything nice about him like that. The country--and the world at large--are more likely to celebrate than mourn his passing. I bet on some level even someone as simpleminded and narcissistic as Trump realizes this.
Totally agree. However, this is what I wondered as well: I was listening to all the ways they praised Bush for his un-Trumpy qualities, but then I started to think, Hm, maybe Trump is so dense and so self-satisfied that he imagines himself to be decent, kind, and brave, too.

Yes, "boor" is the perfect word.

Old 12-05-2018, 05:39 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,754,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post

... what any non-TDS-sufferer would understand at first glance. These threads are chronicles of mental illness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies