Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2018, 09:07 AM

57,022 posts, read 35,049,916 times

Advertisements

Their texts messages pretty much gave them away. They’d planned to crack skulls all along. They didn’t realize that the black dude they thought was a protester was actually a cop. And they beat him mercilessly to a pulp.

A few bad apples, huh? That orchard is getting bigger and bigger.

Quote:
The officers believed Hall was a protester and assaulted him “while he was compliant and not posing a physical threat to anyone,” the indictment says. All had been assigned to the police “Civil Disobedience Team” working protest duty, the indictment said. Several had exchanged electronic messages before and after the arrest expressing “disdain” for protesters and “excitement about using unjustified force against them and going undetected while doing so.”

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...3a249.amp.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2018, 11:03 AM

77,898 posts, read 60,048,025 times
Maybe you should take it up with their boss?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayor_of_St._Louis

Told you many times, the cities with the worst reputation for these types of abuses are well known yet due to party politics the leadership is protected.

If you won't hold those in charge accountable then what do you propose beyond idly complaining that it happens?

Old 12-06-2018, 11:15 AM

16,951 posts, read 12,507,588 times
It takes very few bad cops to make a huge mess.
Add in that almost none will turn in the bad cops.

Old 12-06-2018, 11:18 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,748,678 times
Land of the free!

Old 12-06-2018, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
It takes very few bad cops to make a huge mess.
Add in that almost none will turn in the bad cops.
It’s not a few bad cops.

Old 12-06-2018, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Maybe you should take it up with their boss?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayor_of_St._Louis

Told you many times, the cities with the worst reputation for these types of abuses are well known yet due to party politics the leadership is protected.

If you won't hold those in charge accountable then what do you propose beyond idly complaining that it happens?
Uhhh...police abuse is happening all across this country in areas represented by both parties.

I can site all kinds of examples in conservative areas like East and West Texas, Georgia and Alabama. Not to mention how when these cops are caught, Conservatives throw their bodies in front of the police as human shields from prosecution. It ain’t just the Democrat protected police unions and you know it.

What do I propose? You’re not prepared to hear my answer, so don’t ask. And it ain’t singing We Shall Overcome Someday while marching down the street.

Old 12-06-2018, 12:12 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,544,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Uhhh...police abuse is happening all across this country in areas represented by both parties.

I can site all kinds of examples in conservative areas like East and West Texas, Georgia and Alabama. Not to mention how when these cops are caught, Conservatives throw their bodies in front of the police as human shields from prosecution. It ain’t just the Democrat protected police unions and you know it.

What do I propose? You’re not prepared to hear my answer, so don’t ask. And it ain’t singing We Shall Overcome Someday while marching down the street.
Does it involve looting local businesses and burning down buildings. In other words, a typical peaceful protest.

Old 12-06-2018, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Does it involve looting local businesses and burning down buildings. In other words, a typical peaceful protest.
These 4 cops beat the hell out of an undercover officer who just happened to be an African American. Oops...I know you hate it. Not that they nearly killed the guy, but you hate that they got caught beating the WRONG guy.

Did the link say anything about him looting?

Was Philando Castile looting? Was Alton Sterling looting! Was Amadpu Diallo looting? Was Botham Jean looting? Was Emantic Bradford looting? Was Jamal Roberson looting? Was Laquan McDonald looting? Was Justine Diamond looting? Was Daniel Shaver looting when he was begging for his life?

Last edited by desertdetroiter; 12-06-2018 at 02:34 PM..

Old 12-06-2018, 05:10 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,544,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
These 4 cops beat the hell out of an undercover officer who just happened to be an African American. Oops...I know you hate it. Not that they nearly killed the guy, but you hate that they got caught beating the WRONG guy.

Did the link say anything about him looting?

Was Philando Castile looting? Was Alton Sterling looting! Was Amadpu Diallo looting? Was Botham Jean looting? Was Emantic Bradford looting? Was Jamal Roberson looting? Was Laquan McDonald looting? Was Justine Diamond looting? Was Daniel Shaver looting when he was begging for his life?
I was curious as to what you said you proposed to do. Saying we are not prepared to hear your answer is hilarious.

Old 12-06-2018, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
I was curious as to what you said you proposed to do. Saying we are not prepared to hear your answer is hilarious.
Good. Hope you got a great laugh.

Now what about the cops beating an officer that they didn’t know was an officer? Huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies