Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2018, 07:30 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,184,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Have to give her this, she really is committed to this. walks 2,000 miles with a 3 year old, scales a border wall (remember how those are supposedly the answer? They couldnt even stop someone pregnant and with their 3 yr old.), and gives birth on US soil. Im sort of impressed.
Amen. I bet the OP wishes they gassed the baby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2018, 07:30 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,590,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I'd say she was "setting a good example". I have a dear friend who goes to Honduras every year to provide medical help, and it's hell there for the urban people. It's hell. Rural people have it a little better. Don't know where this family came from specifically.

The example is, if you're in a horrible place, get out and get to a better place. Do what you can to make life better for your children.

Brava, girl.
Honduras's problems are not the United States' responsibility. They can immigrate legally or apply for asylum the correct way. This stupid girl (child herself really) is setting a terrible example.

Old 12-06-2018, 07:33 PM

8,452 posts, read 4,750,199 times
Quote:
I'd say she was "setting a good example". I have a dear friend who goes to Honduras every year to provide medical help, and it's hell there for the urban people. It's hell. Rural people have it a little better. Don't know where this family came from specifically.
It's hell because of the people living there. Guess what happens if they all move here?

Old 12-06-2018, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Amen. I bet the OP wishes they gassed the baby.
That's horrible.

They should have simply told mom and brood to go back to Mexico. Baby is US citizen but not you! Thanks for visiting! Very reasonable I think.

Old 12-06-2018, 07:34 PM

14,228 posts, read 4,590,273 times
This was not the intent of the 14th Amendment that was written to protect the rights of newly freed blacks post-Civil war. It was not passed so illegals immigrants could trek thousands of miles to America and give birth so that now the whole family gets to stay.

Old 12-06-2018, 07:36 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,627 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Honduras's problems are not the United States' responsibility. They can immigrate legally or apply for asylum the correct way. This stupid girl (child herself really) is setting a terrible example.
We're the best nation on the planet earth, because we have immigrant blood. We have blood like hers, who would do about anything at all, including scaling a huge fence 9 months pregnant to deliver a baby and stay here.

That's what I'm saying. That's what makes us great. Because we are descendants of people like this couple.

And actually, that's why so many of us have ADHD and can't sit still. Because we are descendants of people like this couple. So, there is that. We get going to the next best place.

Old 12-06-2018, 07:38 PM

14,228 posts, read 4,590,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
So a couple things. Probably never to be seen again? What nonsense. The reality is that the return rate for court on this is 89%. So try living in reality on this topic, and stop with that nonsense. On the backs of the us taxpayer? Where do you get that? Ohhh..I bet you bought the propaganda about how ll these people just live off welfare etc. Thats also nonsense. Yes some do-but many do not. Know who pulls the most welfare? Rural folks these days. From the sounds of it she is very likely to be a productive citizen.

Now onto the part you are right about. Birthright citizenship is going to continue to lead to this sort of issue. If you don't like it there is a method to change it. Congress can do so anytime it wants. I urge you to convince them to do this. If you cant, then...too bad. Thats how it is. Honestly I think theres a route of compromise to amend our constitution. But if you dont like the idea of compromise, then you and I have to deal with the current situation. Dems would like some 2nd amendment changes too. Maybe there's a compromise there of some sort? Dunno. But thats the kind of thing a real deal maker could figure out. Maybe someday we will have one in office again.
You don't think there are changes in 2nd amend since its creation?

If 2nd amend did not have any changes like you claimed, then we would have people walking around with fully auto MP5 submachine gun or RPG.

However, there is zero change in 14th amend (aka birthright citizen) since its creation to close this kind of loop hole for rich chinese tourists coming to america in their 1st class flight to give birth or illegals crossimg the border illegally to give birth

Old 12-06-2018, 07:38 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post
I am not justifying anything. I am saying it is the most natural reaction. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
Damn skippy I do. Enforce black letter law.

Old 12-06-2018, 07:41 PM

1,251 posts, read 1,077,591 times
Quote:
We're the best nation on the planet earth, because we have immigrant blood. We have blood like hers, who would do about anything at all, including scaling a huge fence 9 months pregnant to deliver a baby and stay here.

That's what I'm saying. That's what makes us great. Because we are descendants of people like this couple.

(And actually, that's why so many of us have ADHD and can't sit still. Because we are descendants of people like this couple.)
We already give HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of American taxpayer dollars to Central America! She scaled the fence so she can get supported financially by taxpayers. She will most likely have another baby within two years...and another...and another.
Why don’t you rent a big conversion van and take in a few families? And please document that for us.

Old 12-06-2018, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
It's hell because of the people living there. Guess what happens if they all move here?
They all become fluent in English and pursue STEM degrees?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies