Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2018, 04:24 PM

1,743 posts, read 991,075 times

Advertisements

I don’t know what it is with the crazed leftists and that insane wide-eyed look of theirs but it is handy for rapidly identifying them!

Quote:
In the name of inclusivity, a Nebraska elementary school principal banned Santa Clause from the classroom. In fact, doing her best Ebenezer Scrooge impersonation, she went so far as to ban Christmas altogether.

In a directive to teachers, Manchester Elementary School Principal Jennifer Sinclair effectively censored all Christmas holiday symbols, according to Liberty Counsel.

“[W]e are not to be doing any Christmas or holiday-specific themed activities with students. Santa and Christmas items are not to be on activities or copies,” Sinclair instructed, saying because of varying religious beliefs, they must be “inclusive.”

Christmas trees were banned in the classroom, as was playing Christmas music and singing Christmas Carols. Showing Christmas movies was out and making Christmas ornaments as a gift was not allowed.

Even Elf on the Shelf didn’t make the cut, nor did Rudolph — yes, she nixed reindeer.

The colors red and green were not allowed, and candy canes were banned — Liberty Counsel explained, “Historically, the shape is a ‘J’ for Jesus. The red is for the blood of Christ, and the white is a symbol of his resurrection.”

Sinclair’s “acceptable” list included “snowmen, snow women, snow people” and even “snowflakes” — not the liberal variety.

Gingerbread people also made the cut, as did polar bears, penguins, and Yetis and Olaf, the snowman from the movie “Frozen.”

Oh, and hot chocolate was allowed, along with “scarves, boots, earmuffs, and hats” — it is Nebraska after all.

Liberty Counsel intervened, sending a letter to Elkhorn Public Schools warning them that the Christmas ban was unconstitutional.
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2018/12...n-check-699709
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2018, 04:28 PM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
I bet she believes in Santa still considering those eyes.

Old 12-06-2018, 04:31 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,116,288 times
I don’t know what it is with so-called "conservatives" constantly whining about government schools and their utter failure to abolish them, but I'll spell it out for them:

ABOLISH
GOVERNMENT
SCHOOLS

Homeschool. Private schools. Charity schools. Then you won't have these issues.

The End.

Old 12-06-2018, 04:35 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,721,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
I don’t know what it is with so-called "conservatives" constantly whining about government schools and their utter failure to abolish them, but I'll spell it out for them:

ABOLISH
GOVERNMENT
SCHOOLS

Homeschool. Private schools. Charity schools. Then you won't have these issues.

The End.
Announce that at a AFOT meeting and see how far you get....They have a strangle hold on the education system.

Old 12-06-2018, 04:47 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
She was placed on administrative leave today.

KAKE.com | Wichita, Kansas News, Weather, Sports - Nebraska elementary school principal on leave for Christmas ban

Some items on that list are so off the wall, I wonder if she was writing a joke list and sent it out after drinking too much spiked eggnog. Banning red and green items

Last edited by jazzarama; 12-06-2018 at 04:56 PM..

Old 12-06-2018, 04:49 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Between the Principal and Liberty Counsel, those poor kids are surely singing 'Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right '

https://www.hrc.org/resources/10-thi...iberty-counsel

Old 12-06-2018, 04:50 PM

20,124 posts, read 16,144,906 times
She got put on administrative leave. What an idiot.

Elkhorn elementary principal put on leave for banning Santa, candy canes, and other Christmas decorations

Old 12-06-2018, 04:53 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,116,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Announce that at a AFOT meeting and see how far you get....They have a strangle hold on the education system.
The AFOT made it illegal to homeschool or send your kids to private school?

Wow! They have more power than I thought!

Old 12-06-2018, 04:56 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,721,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
The AFOT made it illegal to homeschool or send your kids to private school?

Wow! They have more power than I thought!
Some would say so....

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/lob...?id=D000000083

https://www.aftfacts.com/the-america...n-of-teachers/

Old 12-06-2018, 05:00 PM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
So once again Progressives strive to be INCLUSIVE by being EXCLUDING. To the Left Inclusive means Inclusive of only things in which they agree. Tolerance means tolerating anything in which they agree. All else is BANNED!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies