Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 10:38 AM

4,344 posts, read 2,145,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Tucker Carlson unloads on the Great Pumpkin. At least there's a LITTLE honesty from FOX News:

"Fox News Channel host Tucker Carlson set straight any misinformation concerning his views on President Trump: “I don’t think he’s capable,” he said during an interview on Tuesday.His chief promises were that he would build the wall, defund Planned Parenthood and repeal Obamacare, and he hasn’t done any of those things" Carlson said, adding that those goals were probably lost causes....

...Trump, he said, doesn’t understand the system, and his own agencies don’t support him. “He knows very little about the legislative process, hasn’t learned anything, hasn’t surrounded himself with people that can get it done, hasn’t done all the things you need to do, so it’s mostly his fault that he hasn’t achieved those things,” he added...."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.99cf7973fe57

Ken

And I had such hope for Tucker and now he turns out to be another pinhead. Done watching effective immediately. If you can't see all the opposition Trump has had in and out of his own party for the last 2 years you can't have 5 brain cells working. All the Rino's (McCain) and just plain lunatics in power have hobbled everything Trump has been trying to do.......just look at the aptly named FLAKE who has just decided to block conservative judge appointments because he hates Trump........just toss him on the pile of idiots Trump has left in his wake.....................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2018, 10:43 AM

10,361 posts, read 3,963,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
And I had such hope for Tucker and now he turns out to be another pinhead. Done watching effective immediately. If you can't see all the opposition Trump has had in and out of his own party for the last 2 years you can't have 5 brain cells working. All the Rino's (McCain) and just plain lunatics in power have hobbled everything Trump has been trying to do.......just look at the aptly named FLAKE who has just decided to block conservative judge appointments because he hates Trump........just toss him on the pile of idiots Trump has left in his wake.....................
I think the main problem is, is that Trump is only blaming the democrats for most of these failures instead of going after everyone that is part of the deep state. Sure, he went after McCain a few times, but Trump needs to call all of them out.

Old 12-07-2018, 11:08 AM

25,420 posts, read 9,732,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
So NOW the Fox people are spot on, right, Libs? NOW their judgement is the stuff you can chisel is stone. Used to be - back when you thought all of them supported Trump - that they were all in the tank for Trump, right, Libs?
Yous guys crack me up.
Yep, they were til they weren't.

Old 12-07-2018, 11:11 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,438,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Not Tucker Carlson, it can't be!
Whew! Never heard him say that on his show.

I think a lot of folks are going to distance themselves from Trump. Did you hear the interview Guiliani gave? About how it took Trump 3 weeks to do what it would take a normal person to do in 2 days (written questions from Mueller) and about how Trump's tweeting is unwise but Rudy can't get him to stop?"

The rattlesnakes are starting to eat their own.

Old 12-07-2018, 11:12 AM

39,026 posts, read 27,433,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Tucker Carlson unloads on the Great Pumpkin. At least there's a LITTLE honesty from FOX News:

"Fox News Channel host Tucker Carlson set straight any misinformation concerning his views on President Trump: “I don’t think he’s capable,” he said during an interview on Tuesday.His chief promises were that he would build the wall, defund Planned Parenthood and repeal Obamacare, and he hasn’t done any of those things" Carlson said, adding that those goals were probably lost causes....

...Trump, he said, doesn’t understand the system, and his own agencies don’t support him. “He knows very little about the legislative process, hasn’t learned anything, hasn’t surrounded himself with people that can get it done, hasn’t done all the things you need to do, so it’s mostly his fault that he hasn’t achieved those things,” he added...."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.99cf7973fe57

Ken
I never thought Tucker Carlson is a personal Trump fan, the person in Trump's personal fan club is probably Hannity.

This said, I think Carlson is a fair and balanced person. (agree or not, this is another topic) I think what he said is basically true. Trump does not understand the system, it is not a criticism, it is the truth.

Trump doesn't understand the system (which is not a sin by the way), but he is the President of the United States, imagine that. His own party probably does not support him. It would be extremely difficult to get things done, and this will make HIM look bad. I think this is what Carlson is trying to say.

Old 12-07-2018, 11:19 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,438,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I never thought Tucker Carlson is a personal Trump fan, the person in Trump's personal fan club is probably Hannity.

This said, I think Carlson is a fair and balanced person. (agree or not, this is another topic) I think what he said is basically true. Trump does not understand the system, it is not a criticism, it is the truth.

Trump doesn't understand the system (which is not a sin by the way), but he is the President of the United States, imagine that. His own party probably does not support him. It would be extremely difficult to get things done, and this will make HIM look bad. I think this is what Carlson is trying to say.
Indeed Trump doesn't understand the system but as Carlson pointed out ~ he has made no attempt to do so. He didn't surround himself with people who knew how to get things done in DC - instead he surrounded himself with Jared, Ivanka, Bannon, and Stephan Miller.

Trumps problems in DC are of his own making.

Old 12-07-2018, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Indeed Trump doesn't understand the system but as Carlson pointed out ~ he has made no attempt to do so. He didn't surround himself with people who knew how to get things done in DC - instead he surrounded himself with Jared, Ivanka, Bannon, and Stephan Miller.

Trumps problems in DC are of his own making.
yep. You are probably right. no, you are definitely right.

After reading the article for the second time, I can see his point and I agree.

Old 12-07-2018, 11:21 AM

77,013 posts, read 47,441,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Hannity, yes, and Lou Dobbs practically worships him.

Old 12-07-2018, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Hannity, yes, and Lou Dobbs practically worships him.
yep, Lou Dobbs lol

Old 12-07-2018, 11:22 AM

29,184 posts, read 22,236,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Whew! Never heard him say that on his show.

I think a lot of folks are going to distance themselves from Trump. Did you hear the interview Guiliani gave? About how it took Trump 3 weeks to do what it would take a normal person to do in 2 days (written questions from Mueller) and about how Trump's tweeting is unwise but Rudy can't get him to stop?"

The rattlesnakes are starting to eat their own.
History shows sycophants always follow their tyrants into the same grave.

It was inevitable that Fox News was eventually going to join CNN and CNBC as targets for Trump.

Donald Trump cannot even abide adoration for very long. He has the deep need to be re-adored, over and over and over, and he will never be assured any adoration is genuine, so he will always take the knife to his friends as readily as his foes when he feels the need. That need is eternal in him and will only end when he dies.

Fox News has a lot to lose when Trump pulls his knife. No one left at Fox wants to be the next Roger Ailes or Bill O'Reilley.

Carlson has been in the biz for a long time, and can read the writing on the wall quite clearly. Rupert Murdock reads it just as clearly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies