Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2018, 12:17 PM

31,341 posts, read 14,133,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Just for the record, Mencken would have a field day with todays liberals. Read him some time, he did not suffer fools and was considered a devotee of "classic liberalism" which is nothing like todays co-opted version of liberalism.
Can't do it Frank -- As Phil Jackson said...So many books, so little time --- so I have to confine myself to non fiction....

Old 12-08-2018, 12:21 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,289,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Can't do it Frank -- As Phil Jackson said...So many books, so little time --- so I have to confine myself to non fiction....
Jesus, BeerGeek, Mencken IS nonfiction! It's okay not to be interested, but you look like a fool continuing to insist that he writes fiction.

Old 12-08-2018, 12:27 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,204,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
I'd hardly call a former CEO of Exxon a milquetoast. And that Trump Twitter response calling Tillerson dumb as a rock. This was an official communication from a President of the United States with wordage that sounded like some adolescent whose feelings got hurt.
Tillerson ran Exxon and Exxon has "NEVER" filed Bankruptcy, and it has NEVER fleeced banks, or refused to pay contractors... and Exxon has Geo-Political and Enterprise Experience with the Entire Oil Producing Nations of the World. Not only is one not timid to manage that, and make intricate agreements with many diverse nations, they certainly are not by any means unintelligent.

Trump swindled New Jersey and many others with the $Billion Dollar Mess that Resulted from Taj Mahal... where he used it as a money washing machine. We do remember the failed Trump Shuttle, the Trump University Scam, and we certainly remember the SHAM Trump Charity, which was used as a money washing personal piggy bank......

Trump's idea of "The Art of the Deal" is to pretend to want to do fair business and then stiff the lenders when its time to pay, and file frivolous lawsuits against people and cities that can't waste money defending themselves; while his so aim was so he could extract tax concessions. Banks had to float him loans for "living expense" while they restructured loans, because he was in default mode, just to preserve the investment they made to avoid suffering total losses.

The IRS was fleeced over $800 million in a single year, by the Trump Organizations, that's not to mention all the other tax dodges that his daddy did, and he followed right in his daddy's footsteps. Its all documented!!! The list is longer than I'd care to take time to type, but it certainly is a mass of documents in existence that catalogs all of it.

Other's are due to talk... and we certainly need to see Mueller do something regarding Kushner and his Money spin game, we remember his family trying to sell EB-5 Visa's to the Chinese for the desperation of his money hunt, and we also remember his acts trying to set up "back door channels" with the Russians.... and the sudden massive loans that he has sold policy position to get.....

Hopefully, soon we will see "Licensing Agreements" canceled and the Trump Logo being removed from properties, when the player that have those agreement, find it is not in their best interest to have their name linked to anything associated with Trump, Inc's, ..... then comes the "Fire Sale !!!!"

Being a Traitor for the sake of personal greed, while playing the role of A Global Money Washing Tax Cheat is not something that many will want to find themselves connected with.

Last edited by Chance and Change; 12-08-2018 at 12:47 PM..

Old 12-08-2018, 12:29 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,710,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
haha Tillerson should be grateful for the mass ignorance, because if people really the truth behind the "issues", he and his fellow swampers would be marched out from behind their oak desks at bayonet point and strung up in the street.
The best thing about Trump are his verbal attacks on these reprobates
So you are satisfied with only understanding an explanation in elementary language using 128 characters?

Old 12-08-2018, 12:29 PM

51,584 posts, read 25,582,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Jesus, BeerGeek, Mencken IS nonfiction! It's okay not to be interested, but you look like a fool continuing to insist that he writes fiction.
Mencken was a journalist, but also wrote editorials and essays. He was the one who named the Scopes trial the "Monkey Trial."

Hard to imagine why BeerGeek continues to insist he wrote fiction. Perhaps he is posting from a place where they do not allow access to a search engine.

Old 12-08-2018, 12:32 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,204,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
One of the comments Tillerson made during that interview had a powerful effect on me, making me stop and think about my own intellectual life.

I've been guilty, too, of being satisfied with soundbites, and I'm working to change that. The difficult issues facing the United States both at home and abroad deserve more time and effort from all of us, no matter what our individual place in society.

Old 12-08-2018, 12:56 PM

4,148 posts, read 3,878,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
Trump's idea of "The Art of the Deal" is to pretend to want to do fair business and then stiff the lenders when its time to pay, [/i]
Trumps new book is titled 'Art of the steal'

Old 12-08-2018, 03:34 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,654,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Popcorn, Check!
Twitter, Check!
Fav. beverage, Check!
I'm ready for the incoming Presidential tweet storm are you?
You’ll have to wait until his next BM.

Old 12-08-2018, 03:41 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,654,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Seems Tillerson is dumb as a rock and lazy to boot.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...32880368132096

Who knew?
So, either Trump is lying (what else is new?) or Trump hires stupid people while claiming to only hire the best. Sounds like Trump “logic” to me. Maybe alternate universes do exist since Trump’s brain obviously lives in one.

Old 12-08-2018, 04:01 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,416,290 times
Talking Yeah, well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Seems Tillerson is dumb as a rock and lazy to boot.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...32880368132096

Who knew?

As CEO of ExxonMobil, Tillerson ran an organization that dwarfed tRump's. And it never went bankrupt or stiffed contractors.

Who's dumb as a rock?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies