Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 07:57 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Those of us who supported the man got exactly what we wanted, you seem very confused... whiskey much?
If you wanted a man who will side with liberals on issues like abortion, then you got what you wanted, and so did the Democrats. You and Dems wanted the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2018, 08:05 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,373,019 times
Quote:
He didn't vote rather liberally, he voted fairly based on the United States Constitution which is exactly why he was appointed to the Supreme Court.

He also didn't try to rape anyone in the first place although at your age I'm sure there's eternal hope that someone will actually try something for a change.
Dreamer...

Old 12-11-2018, 08:11 AM

21,474 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Both of my very liberal lawyer buddies rolled their eyes at accusations from the confirmation where the accuser couldn't even say when or where it occurred. (I could understand this some cases if the person was so intoxicated their memory was impaired etc. but that wasn't the testimony.)

You only find it credible because you're completely closed minded on the topic due to being extremely politically biased.

Now Kavanaugh is turning out not to be out to slay Roe and you'd think at some point people would recognize they'd been had. I mean they pulled that claim on Roberts too, so you're either young or don't learn from experience.

You probably don't even grasp that the intention of the confirmation circus was aimed not so much at the longshot of derailing Kavanaugh with such flimsy stuff as it was at trying to stir up some #metoo votes for the midterms.

But hey, there will be a democrat in the Whitehouse soon enough and they will replace someone like RBG and the Republicans will come out of the woodwork with the same big bag of tenuous allegations and dirt digging back to teenage years. Then you'll cry and moan about the unfair witch hunt and the right wingers will be equally hypocritical and forget when it was them on the receiving end.
We will see if conservatives do that. They sure didn’t do it all the years of my life, even after the spectacle of the Clarence Thompson hearings or the Robert Borke hearings. The only objections I’ve ever heard them make were regarding past rulings, or qualifications.

Old 12-11-2018, 08:32 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Given what you said right below, no, you don't know what credible means.

Complete B.S.

Good lord! This was thirty years ago! How the hell is she supposed to remember what the day and month of the party was? NOBODY is going to remember details like that! Not you, not I, not her. I couldn't possibly remember the day, month and often year of parties I went to some 30 years ago! Once again, the fact you are expecting her to remember things like this which no normal person can possibly be expected to remember proves you are LOOKING for excuses not to believe her.
I EXPECT her to remember basic things like date and location because she EXPECTED her accusations to prevent an innocent man from being appointed to the Supreme Court. Had her accusations prevented him from being appointed his career was basically shot and his family would have been left in shambles. Her motives were clear to everyone, she was being used by Democrats as a pawn to achieve a political goal of preventing what democrats and liberals were/are convinced was an ultra conservative judge from being appointed to the SCOTUS. Conservatives knew that was BS, Kavanaugh has an impeccable record on the bench and he's a great judge. This ruling proves without a doubt that he's exactly what we said he was and that democrats were wrong.

Old 12-11-2018, 08:33 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If you wanted a man who will side with liberals on issues like abortion, then you got what you wanted, and so did the Democrats. You and Dems wanted the same thing.
I wanted a judge who would follow the US Constitution whether the ruling supports my personal political agenda or not, that's exactly what I got.

Old 12-11-2018, 08:38 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,373,019 times
Quote:
I wanted a judge who would follow the US Constitution whether the ruling supports my personal political agenda or not, that's exactly what I got.
We’ll see. I think a Justice Roberts will be keeping a close watch on him for a time.

Old 12-11-2018, 08:40 AM

16,590 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
But I thought with Kavanaugh there would be abortions in back alleys. Oh that's right, that is what Dems, Libs and the media was saying.

Yet another failed Democrat predicted Armageddon. You would think after this happening over and over again their supporters would wise up, instead they give excuses. Wait for it, soon the media will tell them what to parrot.
Well their smear tactics worked against Judge Robert Bork, so they try it periodically with other moderate/conservative nominees to the federal bench.

`

Old 12-11-2018, 08:41 AM

17,004 posts, read 12,592,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Neither Kavanaugh or Gorsuch care about these social issues. They were pushed forward by the Federalist Society because of their pro-business views. Anyone who believed otherwise was being sold a bill of goods.
You won this thread. Corporatists are looking for more CU, Autodesk, Epic Systems, Leegis etc type decisions.

Old 12-11-2018, 08:42 AM

20,872 posts, read 9,532,948 times
Quote:
I EXPECT her to remember basic things like date and location ..
Once again, this PROVES you are looking for excuses to NOT believe her. You are STILL expecting her to remember things which no normal human being can be expected to remember. The circumstances in which you are expecting her to remember these things are irrelevant: For her to remember details like you are expecting of her would require some sort of superhuman memory. You're basically calling her a liar because she doesn't have some sort of superhuman memory. Which is sick. It would be like expecting her to be able to levitate 20 feet off the ground just because she's accusing a Supreme Court nominee of some misdeed. Really really sick.

Old 12-11-2018, 08:46 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,737,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Both of my very liberal lawyer buddies rolled their eyes at accusations from the confirmation where the accuser couldn't even say when or where it occurred. (I could understand this some cases if the person was so intoxicated their memory was impaired etc. but that wasn't the testimony.)

You only find it credible because you're completely closed minded on the topic due to being extremely politically biased.

Now Kavanaugh is turning out not to be out to slay Roe and you'd think at some point people would recognize they'd been had. I mean they pulled that claim on Roberts too, so you're either young or don't learn from experience.

You probably don't even grasp that the intention of the confirmation circus was aimed not so much at the longshot of derailing Kavanaugh with such flimsy stuff as it was at trying to stir up some #metoo votes for the midterms.

But hey, there will be a democrat in the Whitehouse soon enough and they will replace someone like RBG and the Republicans will come out of the woodwork with the same big bag of tenuous allegations and dirt digging back to teenage years. Then you'll cry and moan about the unfair witch hunt and the right wingers will be equally hypocritical and forget when it was them on the receiving end.
My impression was that the bigger beef people had with Kavanaugh was not over conservative views on social issues, but more to do with the fact that he previously opined that a sitting President should be immune from criminal prosecution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies