Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Trump a Traitor to these United States?
Yes 152 49.03%
No 158 50.97%
Voters: 310. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 10:43 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times

Advertisements

I can't make an honest informed opinion as to whether Trump is a traitor or not. The investigations have not concluded, and in this country, we are all innocent until proves guilty. I have to admit that when I see the many Russian contacts,cover ups, and convictions for lying for doing so. I wonder. When I hear Judge Emmet Sullivan ask if Flynn could be charged with treason? It makes me wonder why Trump hired him against the advice of Intel. When I hear Flynn ask for immunity right away because "he has a story to tell." I wonder. When I research and find that Trump's inauguration fund may very well be a slush fund with straw donors from foreign countries. I wonder if it isn't a quid pro quo payment for "promises made and promises kept." When I read of Russian oligarchs (mafia) at the inauguration parties. I wonder why. When Trump gives classified information to Russian's in the oval office without any American press present, I wonder why? Helsinki? Trump believing Putin over his own appointed Intel about North Korea?

There are a lot of questions, and I have faith in Mueller, the SDNY, The District of Columbia, and now Congress. When I see facts like the Trump foundation closed down for fraud and the Clinton foundation still standing, you have to wonder. When I see Trump university closed and the law suits settled for 25 million I have to wonder how honest a businessman he is. Trump's connection to Felix Sater? Trump's campaign manager giving internal poll numbers to Russians? Trump has emoluments clause lawsuits ongoing now. We all know he lies to the American people and I believe that Nixon was about to be impeached with one aspect being about lying to the American people. I knew we were in trouble the minute he came out with fake news and the enemy of the people. Gas-lighting the American people by telling them that they shouldn't believe anything in black and white that is indeed a fact is a problem and right out of Putin's playbook. When the Republican senators come out and agree that Russia interfered in our election for the benefit of Trump. We have a problem. When we have a president unable to sit down with a special prosecutor and clear his name? We have a problem. Trump's good buddy Roger Stone and Mueller in possession of communication with the GRU and coordination of stolen DNC emails? Wouldn't you love to sit down and listen to the hundreds of hours of taped conversations Cohen had with Trump? Mueller has.

There are two courts in this country. One presents facts and the other is the court of public opinion. In the court of public opinion there are those of us that think the bar has been lowered way too much to have a president this corrupt and under these many investigations running our great country. Many in Trump's inner circle have no loyalty. If he wanted loyalty he should have gotten a dog. Or right, he doesn't like them. We have the power of the vote and Congress went blue because the majority of us want the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

The courts and Mueller will supply the facts, Just follow the language in the indictments and it will point to the truth as to what went on. We the people will speak again in 2020. Hopefully in response to the court of law and then in the court of public opinion when we vote. Is Trump a traitor? I would say yes in the court of public opinion, but we have to wait for the court of law to form a final opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2019, 11:45 AM

18,449 posts, read 8,275,501 times
I knew Trump was a traitor when....
He armed the Mexican cartels
Sent plane loads of unmarked cash to Iraq
Used the IRS to target individuals and groups he disagreed with
Told Russia he would have more wiggle room after his election
Sold uranium to Russia
on and on and on.........

Old 02-19-2019, 11:51 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,054,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
This is how skewed your compass is...

Obama repeatedly helped a nation who seeks death to America... even had one born in that country at his right hand...

He tried to help them with this Arab Spring take over Egypt, Libya, and Syria - three main strategic points for controlling the waters in that region.

He is apparently NOT a traitor in your book.
Obama got away with saying or doing anything against our country . . . because if anyone complained they were immediately labeled a RACIST. Obama had a free ticket. Same as anyone who would run for POTUS that is of a minority race or gender, and/or LGBT.

Old 02-19-2019, 12:08 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,400,677 times
From a dictionary definition, Trump and other politicians are guilty of this on many occasions. On him being a traitor in terms of the federal government definitions, that is debatable.

Old 02-19-2019, 02:41 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
Look at what Hillary got away with and people defend her. Trump does one teeny tiny thing and tbe same people become so outraged
What did she get away with?

Old 02-19-2019, 02:46 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
I knew Trump was a traitor when....
He armed the Mexican cartels
Sent plane loads of unmarked cash to Iraq
Used the IRS to target individuals and groups he disagreed with
Told Russia he would have more wiggle room after his election
Sold uranium to Russia
on and on and on.........
So much fake news in one post. Amazing

Old 02-19-2019, 04:30 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
Actually liberals are the traitors and should be put on trial and interrogated for harboring such hate for our president. Then they should be deported to a country such as Somalia. If a Democratic candidate becomes the president...it is a guarantee that they will seek war with both North Korea and Russia which will be the end of civilization as we know it. Liberals are a danger to the existence of mankind.
What an insane statement. Sounds like folk wants America to become North Korea.

Old 02-19-2019, 04:42 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Well, if the majority of CD posters think he is - that is certainly saying something! It's probably pretty close to the National Figure.

People can deflect all they want and talk about Obama or Clinton, etc. but the stats (facts) simply don't line up that way.

Obama currently has a 63% approval rating among Americans - that's 50% higher than Trump. Facts are Facts.

Old 02-19-2019, 04:44 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
This poll is missing an Option.

Hell, yes--of course he is! You'd have to blind, deaf and dumb to not have seen his disloyalty to the country.

Old 02-19-2019, 05:49 PM

3,006 posts, read 1,493,228 times
To the deep state, yes. To me, no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies