Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2018, 12:00 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,247,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Walls are stupid. Imagine what could be done if 5 billion was spent on fixing our crappy immigration courts instead...
LOL Walls are stupid. That's why most or all all of your high & mighty representatives live in gated communities with walls around them. That's why your Hollywood entertainers do the same.

Old 12-11-2018, 12:01 PM

25,577 posts, read 56,455,902 times
Well, wasn't that special. Trump temper tantrum for all the world to see.

Clearly, his memory is failing - he PROMISED Mexico is paying for the wall. No one voted for him because WE would pay for it - not even his brainwashed voters because he SAID Mexico would pay for it.

Our child-president at work. I don't get my way, I'm taking my ball and going home. Where's the playpen, better yet the crib. Clearly, it's time for his nap.

Old 12-11-2018, 12:02 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Not your decision.
Or Trump's either, as his own party is denying him his wall. SAD!

Old 12-11-2018, 12:04 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,806,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
LOL Walls are stupid. That's why most or all all of your high & mighty representatives live in gated communities with walls around them. That's why your Hollywood entertainers do the same.
Walling off and guarding a few acres is a wee bit different than trying to wall off the entire Mexican border.

Maybe you should see if Hadrian's wall kept the Picts out of Roman England or if the Great Wall kept the Huns out of Imperial China? That's a more apt comparison.

Old 12-11-2018, 12:07 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
That's because the Democrats and many Independants want the flow of illegal aliens to continue. If they put Americans first they would realize that the good walls do deter them. They can't even argue the costs because $25 billion for the wall is much cheaper than the over $100 billion a year that that illegal aliens cost us.

Not only that, but it was a bi-partisan congress that passed the Secure Fence Act back in 2006 so why aren't they funding it? Shouldn't they be held accountable?

Many if not most regular Americans have no common sense either otherwise they wouldn't have voted for Hillary by popular vote. Far too many Americans don't have their priorities straight and haven't even bothered to research the issues. They just deal in emotion and feeling.
links please

Old 12-11-2018, 12:09 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,202,565 times
If you violate your deed restrictions by not mowing your yard, your HOA will have it mowed and make you pay for it. They don't want until you have given them a check. They mow it first, bill you later.

When Toyota or Ford sell you a car they don't make you pay for it then build it, they build it then make you pay for it.

Mexico isn't going to send a check until we give them a bill, and we can't give them a bill until it's built and we have the final cost.

Old 12-11-2018, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Or Trump's either, as his own party is denying him his wall. SAD!
Indeed. There aren't the votes. Some in his own party won't vote for it, either.

It's so gd depressing to wake up day after day to this nonstop infantile behavior coming from what was once the "great" United States.

The world is laughing at us and this fool.

Even his murdering friends, the Saudis, don't respect him:
Quote:
Defying Trump, Saudi Arabia chooses ‘Saudi first’ oil policy at OPEC meeting

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/11/defy...st-policy.html

Old 12-11-2018, 12:11 PM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
More than half the illegal immigrants in the U.S. have overstayed their visas.

If the Republicans actually wanted to address the problem instead of just stirring up hatred among their base, they'd pass some meaningful penalties for employing those without the proper paperwork.

It's what other nations do.

But then where would the well-to-do find nannies, housekeepers, landscapers, roofers, slaughterhouse workers, ... who would work like slaves for low wages?
They wouldn't let me rep you, but THIS is the fact.

Trump wants the wall so he can give the appearance that he cares, while he continues to hand advantage to the elite. It's what his entire presidency is about, and it's fueled by ignorant people who are easily swindled to vote against their own interest. And they do it proudly.

Old 12-11-2018, 12:12 PM

Default False equivalency

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Mexico isn't going to send a check until we give them a bill, and we can't give them a bill until it's built and we have the final cost.
Get over yourself. This isn't an HOA. It's one sovereign country telling another what to do. We have no legal jurisdiction over Mexico. NONE.

Old 12-11-2018, 12:12 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,247,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Well, wasn't that special. Trump temper tantrum for all the world to see.

Clearly, his memory is failing - he PROMISED Mexico is paying for the wall. No one voted for him because WE would pay for it - not even his brainwashed voters because he SAID Mexico would pay for it.

Our child-president at work. I don't get my way, I'm taking my ball and going home. Where's the playpen, better yet the crib. Clearly, it's time for his nap.
Do I really need to correct this point AGAIN?

Mexico can pay for the wall indirectly. Only a fool would have thought that Mexico was going to write us a check for it. Trump obviously meant that we would collect the money in other ways from Mexico.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies