Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2018, 12:38 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,593,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
When Trump's border policy stops this incessant illegal entry into our country, you can bet Republicans will hold the white house, and the congress for years to come, and all BUT the loony democrats will forget they had to make a few sacrifices during the government shutdown.
I would like to know , what part of "these illegals coming here ,take jobs from citizens, cost tax payers billions of dollars yearly, bring diseases, mooch of the government", don't you understand?

Are you and you fellow democrats that stupid to what is going on right in front of you?
Where is your sense of pride?
Do you not think America should always take care of Americans first?

Bob.
A Nation for Immigrants, A Nation Built by Immigrants
"U.S. natives are not having enough children to replace our current population, and by extension, our labor force. A shrinking population and labor force will cause our economy to contract. More immigrants are needed to keep our population, labor force, and economy vibrant and growing."
A couple of years ago I pulled the stats from the population Census Bureau so as to work a population chart for a project. My project did not include this, but as I worked the chart I noticed something I thought strange. Americans do not give birth at replacement rates. The population census dated back I want to say into the 1700's. I'd have to revisit my notes to verify the earliest dates, (if I must for you) but the obvious is clear ... without immigrants our GDP would blow, because unfortunately a country needs people in order to grow. For whatever reason, native born or naturalized citizens stop (past/present) producing children, which are necessary to sustain a descent level or an improvement to the GDP growth.

Most people their problem is with illegal entry, thus the reason our laws need a reform in that it creates rather than detracts, the legalities related to immigration into the u.s.

"The U.S. has open jobs. Immigrants come here to fill those jobs. More legal opportunities to immigrate reduces the incentive to cross unlawfully or overstay a visa. With fewer unauthorized entries to pursue, our immigration enforcement resources can focus on the real criminals."

If Trump wants to negotiate with the Democrats focus on a bill and immigration reform that creates 'legal' opportunities rather than deflecting an aptitude to do so with a wall bill.

A Nation for Immigrants

American representatives in its beginning were more focused on nation building by creating opportunities that would attract people from all over the world. That is the America I know and is proud to be apart of, not the one of today that would rather cut of its nose to spite its face, that is has developed into. America in its founding was never meant to be an island cut off from the rest of the world, but a central hub that would unite all cultures from all over, under one ideology. (out of many, comes one) That is America first.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 12-12-2018 at 01:06 PM.. Reason: added words past/present

Old 12-12-2018, 12:43 PM

62,940 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
It was funded for 2018 and he did not spend the money. It has already been checked and proven a lie that "much of the wall has already been built".

If by "Dopey" you mean "armed with the truth", then you are correct.

He didn't spend what he got last year and now he's demanding more. The reason? Because he has no intent on fixing immegration. Just wants good optics for his donors, while he lines their pockets with illegal labor that he says he's against, but that he uses himself, and that he'll provide for his chronys, all the while disparaging brown immigrants, legal or not (it doesn't matter to him).

Wrong! The Democrat merely gave Trump a million or so to fix existing fencing stating that he couldn't use it for new walls. There is no proof that Trump "knowingly" had any illegals working for him either. If he weren't against illegal labor then why is he fighting for the wall? You make no sense at all!

Brown immigrants? Ah the usual skin color/race card by you people. Illegal aliens aren't plain ole "immigrants" either.

Old 12-12-2018, 12:47 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,616,175 times
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I'm not a birther but there never was any proof one way or the other that Obama was born in this country. However, his mother was an American and that is good enough for me.

Again, with this Mexico will pay for the wall b*tching? I already posted a link denoting that Trump has a plan in mind down the road. He never said that Mexico would write a check up front for it. And once again, I ask why do you care anyway since the wall would pay for itself when you consider that illegal aliens cost us over $100 billion a year.

I have seen you repeat your $100 billion a year thing on a few threads over time. You can't back it up. The only people that spout that nonsense are far right media and Trump himself who listens to that garbage.

A little web search would educate you on how much they are really costing us. This is just one site.

https://www.cato.org/blog/fairs-fisc...fatally-flawed

"Merely using the correct numbers reduces FAIR’s estimated fiscal cost of illegal immigrants from $116 billion to $3.3 to $15.6 billion – and that is without touching their flawed static approach to counting how illegal immigrants impact the economy. This does not mean that the negative fiscal impact of illegal immigration is $3.3 to $15.6 billion annually, it merely means that using the correct numbers massively reduces their cost estimate."

The fact that it is lower than you tout doesn't mean I want the U.S. to continue spending money on them. I just want fair reporting of the statistics.

Old 12-12-2018, 12:52 PM

6,632 posts, read 4,300,748 times
Quote:
I'm not a birther but there never was any proof one way or the other that Obama was born in this country. However, his mother was an American and that is good enough for me.

Again, with this Mexico will pay for the wall b*tching? I already posted a link denoting that Trump has a plan in mind down the road. He never said that Mexico would write a check up front for it. And once again, I ask why do you care anyway since the wall would pay for itself when you consider that illegal aliens cost us over $100 billion a year.
I would be in favor for a tax on all trump supporters to pay for the wall.

Old 12-12-2018, 12:58 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,585,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post

I have seen you repeat your $100 billion a year thing on a few threads over time. You can't back it up. The only people that spout that nonsense are far right media and Trump himself who listens to that garbage.

A little web search would educate you on how much they are really costing us. This is just one site.

https://www.cato.org/blog/fairs-fisc...fatally-flawed

"Merely using the correct numbers reduces FAIR’s estimated fiscal cost of illegal immigrants from $116 billion to $3.3 to $15.6 billion – and that is without touching their flawed static approach to counting how illegal immigrants impact the economy. This does not mean that the negative fiscal impact of illegal immigration is $3.3 to $15.6 billion annually, it merely means that using the correct numbers massively reduces their cost estimate."

The fact that it is lower than you tout doesn't mean I want the U.S. to continue spending money on them. I just want fair reporting of the statistics.
Actually, OldGlory did try to rebut the CATO analysis, but was apparently so unable to digest it that he/she misread it or was unable to break it down, as evidenced here. Highlights include arguing that CATO inaccurately claimed that the FAIR analysis counted US citizens as illegal immigrants while acknowledging that FAIR counted US citizens as illegal immigrants and complaining that the CATO article does not emotionally "care" whether the illegal immigrants are here in violation of immigration laws in conducting their subjective economic analysis. Its heady stuff.

Old 12-12-2018, 01:16 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Why was Pelosi in the meeting? They don't need Dem votes in the House. They don't need them in the Senate either for that matter. Just make a rule change. If they can put a credibly accused sex predator on the Supreme Court without the Democrats, they ought to be able to keep the government running without them as well.
Yep, and during that meeting Nancy Pelosi told him he didn't need Dem votes but he insisted that he did. I think the meeting was a setup by Trump to somehow discredit or shame Pelosi and Schumer but he underestimated them and came out of it looking like a fool

Old 12-12-2018, 01:20 PM

8,551 posts, read 10,975,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Only two questions...

Who is this "America" that is supposed to take care of me?
and
Why doesn't Texas do E-Verify?

Unfortunately, Globalists like the Koch Brothers who financed the entire rise of the Republican Party believe in open borders. FULLY open borders, amnesty and much more. AND, they are putting their money behind it now.

You should ask them why they don't love America. Or why they developed Aircraft Gasoline refineries for Hitler and the entire Oil infrastructure of Russia for "Uncle Joe" (Stalin).....
I can answer both of your question quickly.
(1) When I said "American", it is obvious" American" is the people living here.
Help for one another, by one another.
Don't rely on your government to do it all.

(2)Texas, and every other state does not have a federal mandate to e-verify, and until such time as hefty fines are imposed, nothing will change.

Bob.

Old 12-12-2018, 01:23 PM

16,554 posts, read 10,626,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Why was Pelosi in the meeting? They don't need Dem votes in the House. They don't need them in the Senate either for that matter. Just make a rule change. If they can put a credibly accused sex predator on the Supreme Court without the Democrats, they ought to be able to keep the government running without them as well.

Still believing that vile lie?

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...icating-rape-/

Old 12-12-2018, 01:24 PM

8,551 posts, read 10,975,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
They are bad people......but not bad enough for Texas to do e-verify......

Congress also funded the EPA to clean up our messes. Trump rolled that back. Congress did a lot of things....Trump doesn't.

That's why he will end up at the bottom of the heap. He doesn't know how to get things done. Period.
He owns one of the most successful businesses in the world, and he doesn't know how to get things done?
I only wish I was that stupid, and uninformed.
One does not amass billions by being stupid, and not knowing"how to get things done".
Bob.

Old 12-12-2018, 01:29 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
How long did it take you to come up with that word?
I didn't. Trumps BFF from North Korea did. I just stole it since it fits Trump so well. But thanks for asking anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies