Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2018, 02:29 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,591,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
He owns one of the most successful businesses in the world, and he doesn't know how to get things done?
I only wish I was that stupid, and uninformed.
One does not amass billions by being stupid, and not knowing"how to get things done".
Bob.
Most successful business in the world?

Yeah, he has grifted his way to be rich, but according to the Forbes list, there are 765 people way ahead of him in the world. I prefer people like Gates, or Bezos, or Meyer or Ambani or Ma who did it the old fashionway, and not by squelching workers.

Old 12-12-2018, 02:42 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,205,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I second that or even a Gofund me page set up so those who want the wall can give to fund it. Let's see how much they really want a wall!

I'm down with that, right next to the GoFundMe account where liberals can donate to pay for healthcare and lawyers for illegals rather than use public tax money.

In fact, let's finance everything like that. The social services liberals want can come from liberals and the security systems conservatives want can come from conservatives.

Old 12-12-2018, 02:44 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,205,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Yep, and during that meeting Nancy Pelosi told him he didn't need Dem votes but he insisted that he did. I think the meeting was a setup by Trump to somehow discredit or shame Pelosi and Schumer but he underestimated them and came out of it looking like a fool

The inherent disagreement between them is Pelosi is saying he doesn't need Dems to pass it in the House and Trump is saying he needs Dems to pass it in the Senate. Pelosi is saying pass it in the House then worry about the Senate and Trump is saying no point in that. A half-passed bill = not a bill.

Old 12-12-2018, 02:45 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,284,124 times
It would be a good start of Trump just got them to agree to make everify mandatory, heavy fines for employers, end all sanctuary laws. We'll figure out the wall later.

Old 12-12-2018, 02:52 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,082,533 times
If Trump shuts down the government, an estimated 390,000 federal employees would not receive their final paycheck before Christmas on Friday, December 22nd.

Now that's how you MAGA!

Old 12-12-2018, 02:52 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,583,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
I'm down with that, right next to the GoFundMe account where liberals can donate to pay for healthcare and lawyers for illegals rather than use public tax money.

In fact, let's finance everything like that. The social services liberals want can come from liberals and the security systems conservatives want can come from conservatives.
Letting taxpayers allocate their taxes by way of pick and choose seems like a dumb way to run a government.

However, given the unique promise that Mexico will pay for the wall that has since morphed into Mexico will reimburse us for the wall, I have no issue with wall supporters financing the wall and being reimbursed when Mexico pays them back in an otherwise revenue-neutral way. Its different from other social spending in that regard because it is merely the functional equivalent of a loan to Mexico (to be repaid at some unknown date, through some unknown mechanism).

Last edited by TEPLimey; 12-12-2018 at 03:31 PM..

Old 12-12-2018, 03:04 PM

8,548 posts, read 10,967,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Most successful business in the world?

Yeah, he has grifted his way to be rich, but according to the Forbes list, there are 765 people way ahead of him in the world. I prefer people like Gates, or Bezos, or Meyer or Ambani or Ma who did it the old fashionway, and not by squelching workers.
In today's world of business, what you prefer, and what you get are two entirely different things.
Trump is no different that the other business people in large corporations.

Again, I use Enron, and Wells Fargo as good examples.
I suspect many companies are operating under the radar, and just haven't been caught yet.

Bob.

Old 12-12-2018, 03:09 PM

1,733 posts, read 947,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
If trump really cared about the wall, he would have negotiated in ernest and offer something real, like maybe the dreamers etc that the dems would exchange for the wall. With his stupid behavior, its clear that he just want his deplorable base to see him "take on" the dems. He has no real interest in building the wall or to secure the border. The deplorables are too stupid to know any of this. Just too stupid.

He did.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1FE2QX

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump is offering a path to citizenship for up to 1.8 million young illegal immigrants but insists on measures that would curb some legal immigration programs and provide a border wall with Mexico, senior White House officials said on Thursday.

Democrats turned him down.I'm a "deplorable" and knew this so your comment says more about you than Trump supporters.

Old 12-12-2018, 03:27 PM

46,262 posts, read 27,078,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa
Why was Pelosi in the meeting? They don't need Dem votes in the House. They don't need them in the Senate either for that matter. Just make a rule change. If they can put a credibly accused sex predator on the Supreme Court without the Democrats, they ought to be able to keep the government running without them as well.

Who is that? And what is your or anyone's "credibility" evidence?

We shall wait....

Old 12-12-2018, 03:28 PM

1,733 posts, read 947,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Yep, and during that meeting Nancy Pelosi told him he didn't need Dem votes but he insisted that he did. I think the meeting was a setup by Trump to somehow discredit or shame Pelosi and Schumer but he underestimated them and came out of it looking like a fool

I disagree. Pelosi whined about the press being present and Schumer kept looking at his crotch as if asking himself,"Where are my b@lls?"

Trump made them look like the fools they are and it's clear they could care less about the safety of Americans. Sensors, electronic surveillance, etc. without a wall is like owning a house with a security system and no doors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies