U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 07:12 PM

6,225 posts, read 1,292,109 times

Advertisements

Knowing what we know now, do you guys think Sarah Sanders was knowingly lying to the American people, or just in the dark and didn't know the truth?

One minute video:

https://youtu.be/BvrEXMZxPN0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2018, 09:57 PM

3,326 posts, read 2,942,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Meanwhile, Trump supporters: "The Left" are the Violent ones!
Ah, so you are saying, based on this tweet or whatever it was, that only "The Right" are the Violent ones!

BREAKING NEWS!........There are violent, unhinged, and ridiculously uneducated people all over this country, and they do not all gather under one banner. All one needs to do is a quick search on your PC and you will find examples of violent outbursts and straight up criminal activities being perpetrated by people who identify themselves as both Republicans and/or Democrats. That's just reality.

Old 12-12-2018, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Knowing what we know now, do you guys think Sarah Sanders was knowingly lying to the American people, or just in the dark and didn't know the truth?

One minute video:

I think Sanders is told what to say, and then she does her job. I don't think she gets any sort of briefing about what she's going to be telling reporters. As such, I doubt she's privy to weather or not something she has been told to say is true or not. She's doing her job, in service of her president. IMHO

Old 12-12-2018, 10:08 PM

Quote:
I fear we are approaching this new reality at ludicrous speed.

Trump's base is about 33,000,000 strong, and they will believe anything he says.
Actually, that's not really true. I know many Trump supporters who are pretty quick to point out and discuss when Trump may be "stretching the truth" a bit. However, that doesn't mean they are just going to turn their backs on him. Many are quite happy with his performance in the Oval Office so far, even if they don't particularly always like his style. Add to that the fact that most Trump supporters feel their president has been attacked 24/7 since he was elected. When you've spent 2 years trying to destroy the president, while at the same time acting as if all his voters were either stupid, racist, homophobic, etc. how can you ever expect to make any headway with those people. And that's honestly the problem. That's where we find ourselves now. We have spent so much time attacking and degrading our fellow countrymen/women that it's nearly impossible to reach one another and discuss/debate/solve our conflicting issues.

Old 12-12-2018, 10:28 PM

18,814 posts, read 17,943,579 times
Most people knew Trump was a liar before the election.NYers especially knew he was a con man. Even in his inaugural month of Jan 2017 he had to pay a lot of money back to students he had swindled with his fake Trump University.

That's why so many are outraged. Already was well known as a liar.

Last edited by in_newengland; 12-12-2018 at 11:01 PM..

Old 12-12-2018, 11:04 PM

3,531 posts, read 623,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Actually, that's not really true. I know many Trump supporters who are pretty quick to point out and discuss when Trump may be "stretching the truth" a bit. However, that doesn't mean they are just going to turn their backs on him. Many are quite happy with his performance in the Oval Office so far, even if they don't particularly always like his style. Add to that the fact that most Trump supporters feel their president has been attacked 24/7 since he was elected. When you've spent 2 years trying to destroy the president, while at the same time acting as if all his voters were either stupid, racist, homophobic, etc. how can you ever expect to make any headway with those people. And that's honestly the problem. That's where we find ourselves now. We have spent so much time attacking and degrading our fellow countrymen/women that it's nearly impossible to reach one another and discuss/debate/solve our conflicting issues.
The president has destroyed himself.

Old 12-12-2018, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
The president has destroyed himself.
So, out of my entire statement, this is all you have to say. A perfect example of what I was talking about. How can we ever open a dialog or begin to work on our differences when giant pieces of posts are completely ignored in favor of mundane proclamations such as this. "The president has destroyed himself." What does that even mean? Donald Trump is still the president of these United States. Furthermore, I'd be willing to wager a decent sum of money that he will serve his entire term as president. People on the left, and the right, need to stop letting the media whip them up into a frenzy with the non-stop Trump coverage. Be it positive or negative (mostly negative) coverage it's constant, and the people of this country can't seem to help getting caught up in the drama.

But I honestly believe many people, both on the forum and across our great country, need to get used to the idea that the man isn't going anywhere. Even if he is impeached in the House, he will never be removed from office by the Senate. Just as Bill Clinton was not removed by the Senate after he was impeached by the House. It's just not going to happen. If anything, perhaps you should all hang your hopes on that indictment once he leaves office. Because I'm telling you, that's the best you are going to get here. Believe me people, that man is not stupid, and he's not as cocky as he is for no reason. The pundits on both sides can talk all the smack they want. In the end, he will be a full term president. It's time Democrats focus on who they are going to use to beat this man in 2020. Or you could be looking at your worst nightmares. Another 4 years of Trump. That's not meant to be a threat. It's more of a warning. It's time to focus attentions of things that might actually change the future, rather than trying to go down this insane road of trying to get Trump based on past events or perceived misdeeds. If you want Donald Trump gone, you are going to have to do it on election day.

Old 12-13-2018, 03:12 AM

18,814 posts, read 17,943,579 times
I don'think too many people are under the impression that Trump won't serve his full term. But his credibility has been destroyed. He's lied too much, thought he was above the law, assumed he was too smart and the rest of us were dumb.

He will be weakened and won't qccomplish much.

The normal Dems and normal Repubs need to forget about Trump, think of him as a mistake, and move forward. We have to fix immigration...no more caravans, no mire illegals. People are fed up and the Dems have to get on board.

The other main issue is health care and again, both sides need to stop fighting and hating and work it out. Health cara asap.

Also, in light of the Trump disaster and near loss or takeover of our country, both sides need to work on more transparebcy, less corruption. There's a lot to be done. We love our coubtry and it's the job of the politicians to get their acts together and start thinking about what's best for the country, not their own self interest and not special interest groups. Step back, look at the big picture. Stop tearing America apart, heal us and lead us with honesty and a decent value system. Trump will dissolve or evaporate in two years so ignore him and work around him. Fix immigration. Fix health care. Then take it from there.

Old 12-13-2018, 05:17 AM

14,915 posts, read 4,689,112 times
Quote:

One minute video:

Yes I am of the side that she does know and she and Kellyanne are in that inner circle of trump and knowingly lies for him.

Old 12-13-2018, 07:09 AM

35,861 posts, read 13,723,183 times
Quote:

One minute video:

Trump said he didn't know about the payments, then said he knew afterwards. However, there is an audio tape of him discussing the payments beforehand.

Huckabee-Sanders refused to answer questions, referring reporters to Giuliani.

Whether she knew beforehand or not, she certainly knew during this press briefing.

Her press briefings have been brief, infrequent, and almost devoid of any accurate information.

While there is no evidence whatsoever that she is in the inner circle, ala C.J. Cregg, she repeatedly lies in press briefings.

Regardless of whether Trump tell her the truth or not, much of what she announces could be easily checked out, such as whether diversity visas are vetted, etc.

She lies on purpose. She knows she is lying. Often while she is saying it, and definitely afterwards.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.c3ab59d67cd2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or