Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 09:17 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,645,956 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone, and welcome to the official "Potus is lying again" sticky thread. Your one-stop thread for any and all posts meant to call out the president for any proven/unproven lies he may or may not have told. Also, this thread is not only restricted to posts about President Trump. Feel free to discuss other public figures who you feel have been caught being dishonest or deceitful.

Trolling, inappropriate language, hate speech, personal attacks, etc. are still prohibited and posts which do not adhere to the rules of the site will be removed. So please, engage in healthy debate, and do not attack other users.

5.............4............3...........2.......... .1..........Begin.

Edit:

This thread exists, as a sticky, because every few days a new thread with the same title, "Potus is lying again" pops up on the forum. Inevitably, the thread goes off topic and then is shut down. So I have created a thread with wider boundaries in order for users to discuss this subject however they wish.

MODERATOR NOTE: The last thread got too long and convoluted, so here is part 2. Enjoy.

Please keep in mind, this is not a chat thread, while the topic is broader than normal you still need to stay on topic and all the constraints of the TOS still apply.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 12-12-2018 at 01:33 PM.. Reason: Started part II of thread/clarified topic rules

Old 12-11-2018, 06:20 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,211,161 times
Default Trump and GOP continue to lie

Trump and his GOP have ramped up the lies. They try to dismiss the information concerning Trump's associates.

They have forgotten that Cohen has taped many conversations, one of which he leaked.

They have forgotten that they created the Patriot Act and that Trump and associates were busy trying to work deals with foreign nationals under sanction.

They believed that they are above the law. They have repeatedly lied and then said they lied in the media. All the while believing that it was OK.

Trump continues to lie each day on twitter, to the point that he is laughed at by the foreigners he is trying get close to.

The Trump GOP is going down a deep hole.

Old 12-11-2018, 10:48 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,982,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Trump and his GOP have ramped up the lies. They try to dismiss the information concerning Trump's associates.

They have forgotten that Cohen has taped many conversations, one of which he leaked.

They have forgotten that they created the Patriot Act and that Trump and associates were busy trying to work deals with foreign nationals under sanction.

They believed that they are above the law. They have repeatedly lied and then said they lied in the media. All the while believing that it was OK.

Trump continues to lie each day on twitter, to the point that he is laughed at by the foreigners he is trying get close to.

There has been a "Trump is a liar" post here on C/D at least once per day since he announced his candidacy. A large portion of any company, media outlet, advertising firm, corporation, politician, etc is to stretch the truth to fit the agenda of the person telling the stretch. I'm a Realtor and in my business we call it "puffing". Try not to get so upset with what he says and watch more of what his actions are. I don't like Trump, I didn't vote for him, and I could care less of what he says. If he starts getting laws passed, I'll start to pay attention to what he's doing, but we're in a lame duck Government for at least another 2 years, so I'll just go about my life until those two years is up.

Old 12-11-2018, 10:53 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
There has been a "Trump is a liar" post here on C/D at least once per day since he announced his candidacy. A large portion of any company, media outlet, advertising firm, corporation, politician, etc is to stretch the truth to fit the agenda of the person telling the stretch. I'm a Realtor and in my business we call it "puffing". Try not to get so upset with what he says and watch more of what his actions are. I don't like Trump, I didn't vote for him, and I could care less of what he says. If he starts getting laws passed, I'll start to pay attention to what he's doing, but we're in a lame duck Government for at least another 2 years, so I'll just go about my life until those two years is up.

But with Trump, all too often he's stretching a 'truth' that simply doesn't exist. Most people know that as LYING.

Old 12-11-2018, 10:54 AM

20,104 posts, read 9,011,934 times
he's not promising you can keep your health plan is he?

Old 12-11-2018, 11:08 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,453,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
But with Trump, all too often he's stretching a 'truth' that simply doesn't exist. Most people know that as LYING.
Exactly, and he uses other public servants, of whom we pay their salaries, to lie for him.

With his lies he insults the American people in general, he insults his supporters specifically, and the most egregious part of it is that he shapes public policy based upon lies.

Old 12-11-2018, 11:11 AM

Well Trump just allowed himself to be proven a liar. He started a pre-meeting argument and lost it. Trump has again shown he lies to get whatever he wants.

Trump is now up to calling for a Gov't shutdown 26 times. Trump is the guy who now claims that a shut down is on him.

By the way the GOP passed the final Patriot Act and put it in play. Trump and associates broke the laws in that act.

Old 12-11-2018, 11:45 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Quote:

Back in the Watergate days, the GOP was able to emerge only slightly damaged. Back then, congress was in Dem hands and the hearings were held in public and televised. The damning evidence was confined to Nixon and his inner circle.

Today's GOP will be remembered for empowering and defending tRump's criminality and the damage will be more extensive.

Those wheels are already in motion.

Old 12-11-2018, 11:50 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,269,482 times
Quote:

so talking deals that never happened in Russia as a private citizen is now against the law?
there are 3,000 American companies operating in Russia: All those companies had to deal with the Russian government to open up shop there, should all of them be indicted? What laws have been violated here?

1. 3M
  2. Abbott Laboratories
  3. AbbVie
  4. AECOM
  5. Air Products
  6. Albermarle Chemicals Representative Office
  7. Alcoa SMZ (Alcoa Russia)
  8. American Express Russia & CIS
  9. AmeRussia St.Petersburg, Russia
  10. Amrustrans
  11. Amsted Rail Company
  12. Amway Russia
  13. Apple
  14. Armstrong World Industries
  15. Autodesk
  16. Avis Russia
  17. Avon Beauty Products Company
  18. Black & Decker, Moscow Representative Office
  19. Boeing Russia
  20. Bristol-Myers Squibb
  21. Brown-Forman Russia
  22. Burger King
  23. Cameron
  24. Cargill
  25. Caterpillar Eurasia
  26. Caterpillar Tosno
  27. Celgene Corporation
  28. Chevron
  29. Cisco Systems
  30. Citi Russia
  31. Citibank, Saint-Petersburg Branch
  32. Coca-Cola System in Russia
  33. Colgate-Palmolive
  34. Compressor Controls Corporation
  35. Conono Phillips Russia
  36. Corning SNG
  37. Crate & Barrel
  38. Cummins Incorporated
  39. Dell
  40. Delta Air Lines
  41. Dolby
  42. Dow Europe
  43. DuPont Science and Technologies
  44. Eaton
  45. Ecolab
  46. ExxonMobil
  47. Fluor Entrprises Group
  48. Ford Sollers Holding
  49. Forever 21
  50. General Electric
  51. General Motors Russia & cIS
  52. Genesys Telecommunications Laboratories
  53. Goldman Sachs
  54. Google
  55. Halliburton
  56. Herbalife International RS
  57. Hewlett Packard Enterprise
  58. Hilton Russia
  59. Honeywell
  60. Huntsman CIS
  61. IBM East Europe/Asia (NW Region Branch)
  62. IBM East Europe/Asia
  63. Intel
  64. International Paper Russia, Moscow Branch
  65. John Deere Rus
  66. Johnson & Johnson
  67. Johnson Controls International
  68. JP Morgan
  69. KBR East
  70. Kellogg Rus
  71. KFC
  72. Kimberly-Clark
  73. Kinross Gold Corporation, Moscow Representative Office
  74. Krispy Kreme
  75. Levi Strauss Moscow
  76. Lexmark International
  77. Liberty Insurance
  78. Lilly Pharma
  79. Mars Inc.
  80. Mary Kay
  81. MasterCard International
  82. McDonald’s Russia
  83. Medtronic
  84. Metlife
  85. Microsoft RUS
  86. Mondelez International
  87. Morgan Stanley
  88. Motorola Solutions
  89. Motorola Solutions, St. Petersburg Software Design Center
  90. MSD Pharmaceuticals
  91. NBCUniversal
  92. Nike
  93. NVIDIA
  94. OCV Steklovolokno (Owens Corning)
  95. Oracle Development SPB
  96. OTIS Lift
  97. PepsiCo
  98. Pfizer
  99. Philip Morris Izhora
  100. Philip Morris Sales & Marketing
  101. Procter & Gamble
  102. Qualcomm Europe, Russia Branch Office
  103. RAND Corporation
  104. SC Johnson
  105. Sealed Air
  106. Sherwin-Williams
  107. Software Technologies
  108. Standard & Poor’s Credit Market Services Europe Limited
  109. Starbucks
  110. Subway Russia
  111. Tenneco Automotive Volga
  112. The Estee Lauder Companies
  113. The Walt Disney Company, CIS
  114. Thermo Fisher Scientific
  115. Timken-Rus Service Company
  116. United Technologies International Operations
  117. United Way of Russia
  118. Visa
  119. Walt Disney Studios Sony Pictures Releasing
  120. Western Union
  121. Wrigley, A subsidiary of Mars, Incorporated-St. Petersburg Branch
  122. Xerox
  123. YRIR (YUM! Restaurants International Russia and CIS)

Old 12-12-2018, 04:30 AM

Trump continues to lie and had a bad meeting yesterday. Then goes and talks to Reuters and lies some more.

The GOP in NC have finally figured out it is best to re-do the District 9 election. A GOP paid operative is under investigation for election fraud. The heads of the party came up with, if the last claim is true, then an election is needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies