Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2018, 12:05 PM

291 posts, read 159,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
The only reason they are "encountering" it is because adults keep pushing it on them. Let the kids be kids. There should be no "gender reassignment" surgery for a child, that's fricken sick and disgusting. People would be up in arms if a child's parents okayed the child to have all over body tattooes, but have them undergo surgery because Suzy is a tomboy, they look the other way cause, "muh diversity".

Kids change their minds all the time, they are not old enough to reason, they are not old enough to fully understand anymore more than "boys/girls have cooties", yet we've got adults out there, pushing this bs on them. Inviting transgender or cross dressing adults into the schools to read them stories - and acting like that's normal.

A child is in school to learn about math, reading, writing, science, and history. They are not in school to have adults push their propaganda onto them and tell them that if boys like playing with dolls or like to cook, well, maybe they're actually girls, or if girls like playing in the dirt and climbing trees, maybe they're actually boys!

Idiots!

It is not the school's place to be teaching them this stuff. This is a very personal issue, and if someone truly believes, once they become an adult, that they are supposed to be the opposite gender, they should be discussing that with their families and/or a therapist.

Leave the kids alone, damnit!
Absolutely. We've come to this place because if you speak out against the indoctrination, they scream you down as a bigot. I'm not going to accept that. I've always been a kind person, and will continue to do so. Wanting schools to stay out of politically charged subjects does not make me the bad guy. Trying to reverse or change anything that is deemed traditional is not progress.

Stop confusing kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2018, 12:06 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,086,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I don’t care if the book is in a library. This is about the school reading the book to the students in class without notifying the parents. But yes, I do have a problem with the big push of transgenders. The very fact that it’s increased a hundredfold is proof that these kids are confused and many aren’t really transgender, or would not be without this big push.
I think so too. This is the new in thing for kids and teens that want to be different or are confused. By promoting this mentally ill behavior society is giving the green light like this is another choice and not a sickness. I also have issue with this in the sports world as well from recent events. These trans females are still biologically male and of course will be stronger musculoskeletal and be at a great advantage in competitions. This is insanity to keep promoting the abnormal especially to our children.

Old 12-14-2018, 12:15 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,086,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILRef View Post
Absolutely. We've come to this place because if you speak out against the indoctrination, they scream you down as a bigot. I'm not going to accept that. I've always been a kind person, and will continue to do so. Wanting schools to stay out of politically charged subjects does not make me the bad guy. Trying to reverse or change anything that is deemed traditional is not progress.

Stop confusing kids.
This is a good point. This is what’s happening 24/7 all over. Anything considered traditional or conservative is considered bad now and must be eradicated due to its being traditional.

Quote:
The only reason they are "encountering" it is because adults keep pushing it on them. Let the kids be kids. There should be no "gender reassignment" surgery for a child, that's fricken sick and disgusting. People would be up in arms if a child's parents okayed the child to have all over body tattooes, but have them undergo surgery because Suzy is a tomboy, they look the other way cause, "muh diversity".

Kids change their minds all the time, they are not old enough to reason, they are not old enough to fully understand anymore more than "boys/girls have cooties", yet we've got adults out there, pushing this bs on them. Inviting transgender or cross dressing adults into the schools to read them stories - and acting like that's normal.

A child is in school to learn about math, reading, writing, science, and history. They are not in school to have adults push their propaganda onto them and tell them that if boys like playing with dolls or like to cook, well, maybe they're actually girls, or if girls like playing in the dirt and climbing trees, maybe they're actually boys!

Idiots!

It is not the school's place to be teaching them this stuff. This is a very personal issue, and if someone truly believes, once they become an adult, that they are supposed to be the opposite gender, they should be discussing that with their families and/or a therapist.

This is also true. These subjects shouldn’t be brought up or taught in schools.

Old 12-14-2018, 12:34 PM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
No because only 10.2% of students do and with that stat you likely benefit off of public education since about nine out of every ten workers had a public education. I'm sorry opting out of school taxes due to having a student who went to private school or claiming because you don't have a kid is being a leach and not fair to society.
aside from the typical name calling and "fairness to society" meme that some use so well as an excuse to rob and control others, your post presents no logical argument against a decentralized free market education and parental choice.
It must trouble you so that there are those who dont think like you do.

Old 12-14-2018, 01:48 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,542,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
It enrages religious conservatives and drives them to the polls to vote for GOP politicians.

Yep! Good thing we've got that vote!

Old 12-14-2018, 03:13 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,085,312 times
The goal continues to be to normalize the abnormal - men can be women, women can be men, men can marry men, women can marry women, they must be recognized as real families, etc. All perfectly normal, right? I’m past the point, but dont want my daughter having to work with one in school or on the job and be forced to accept it as ok. It’s not.

Old 12-14-2018, 04:00 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Sure, you must have a giant waiting list for elementary school children to check out books about transgenderism
Teachers sometimes recommend books to elementary children who come to them with questions or concerns, and that's likely the reason the easy reader version is in our catalog, but the other copies of I am Jazz are either shelved at the high school library or are available as ebooks/audiobooks from the district.

Old 12-14-2018, 04:27 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
Quote:

Idiots!

It's not my understanding that minor children are provided gender reassignment surgery. They may be given hormone suppressants to prevent sexual maturation, which can be discontinued when they reach their majority if they wish not to continue with transition, allowing sexual maturation to proceed as originally expected.

Nobody at our school is "pushing" transgenderism on children, but when students are curious or concerned, we will direct them to books, journals, etc. that will allow them to explore the topic further, and we do encourage them to discuss their questions with a trusted adult.

There are lots of books on our shelves that have been challenged at one time or another and would likely draw criticism if parents were aware they were available, but as a public school that serves a very diverse community, we feel obligated to provide our students with the wide variety of resources necessary to educate themselves about topics that are not necessarily covered in a classroom lecture. That includes LGBT issues. And we also have a wide variety of religious books, including a selection of Bible translations, and books about volatile topics from authors who fall across the entire spectrum of political belief, including many very conservative writers. You might be shocked at what I've shelved recently, including Mein Kampf by Adolf Hitler just this past Thursday. There's a little bit of everything in our library, as there should be.

When I was raising my own children, I was very flexible when it came to their reading and never specifically prohibited anything, although I did counsel them that if a topic felt uncomfortable, they should feel free to put it down and decide later if it was something they wanted to explore further. I also encouraged them to read widely and to come to their father and me when they had questions.

It worked for us.

Last edited by randomparent; 12-14-2018 at 05:18 PM..

Old 12-14-2018, 05:32 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,397,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I just checked our district catalog because while I have shelved books about transgender issues while working in the library, I didn't recall seeing one by Jazz Jennings. Turns out we have four copies of I Am Jazz, including the version for younger readers featured in the article. I don't have any problem with it at all. It's important that libraries are resources for children exploring their interests and concerns, and transgenderism is something they either have encountered or will encounter during their time in our district. (I am personally aware of at least three transgender teenagers at our high school right now.) Libraries are the perfect place to find answers to their questions.
Libraries are a great resource for addressing both sides of many socio-political viewpoints. That said, not alerting the parents of these kids that such a book being rude is quite rude or unprofessional in my eyes.

Old 12-15-2018, 08:08 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,995,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
You are free to opt out but you gotta front the costs to it. I'm not paying a time to send your sheltered little cherub to private school.
If you own a home or property you are paying to send them to public school nothing in life is free.
We voted for new schools and my property taxes raised too the fixer upper rental I invested in is worth far more now than what I have in it so there was a downside [tax] that became an up side for me in the long run [new schools urban renewal].
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies