Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2018, 03:41 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
They aren't going to listen. WaPo & NBC has fed them a 1/2 lie. They turned it into a whole lie. It's reality for them now, and they will do or say anything to promote it. This is what NPCs do.
It's unbelievable that they want it both ways. They want us to house these people and they think BP should be responsible for their care.

Meanwhile there are people sleeping on the streets. It's absolutely sickening to me that people boohoo about lawbreakers and show zero compassion for our fellow Americans.

It's upsetting that this young girl lost her life, but to blame border patrol is insanity, at best.

Old 12-14-2018, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL74 View Post
You don't have to keep explaining this to me. I don't have to look these things up. I understand better than you do I'm sure (that whole pesky doctor I carry before my name and all). I never suggested they needed to give this child a cup of water. I suggested, accurately, that she was at high risk being out in the desert. A child would be at higher risk than an adult. There are symptoms that would have shown up before she had been there for 8 hours and was clearly past that point. Symptoms that would have been apparent when she was first brought into custody. Checking the welfare of any children in the group should have been the first priority as they would have/should have known the risk.

That doesn't mean they failed, but it means it's possible that they did. I wasn't there. Again, I have no idea how many people were trained to notice the symptoms. I don't know how many kids they had to check and how long that would have taken. I just know that if she had been evaluated by a trained person earlier, she may have been savable.

Neither of us were there. So did they fail or not, it's dishonest to claim to know.

And her parents are at fault for her death. We may have some fault in not preventing it.
Anyone who is impressed by this is an idiot. You could be the most learned person in America - if your thinking is off it doesn't matter.

Old 12-14-2018, 03:44 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post

It's upsetting that this young girl lost her life, but to blame border patrol is insanity, at best.

NBC and WaPo want them to believe this because they want to paint the narrative that Trump's policies are inhumane. And amazingly, as demonstrated in this topic, yet again, they fall for it hook line and sinker and make every obtuse and disingenous argument for that very thing.

This, even after the Border Patrol does a press conference to say what actually did happen. Her dad said the girl was OK, and didn't come back for 7 hours to say there was a problem.

The truth does not matter to them.

Old 12-14-2018, 03:45 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Can't have any thoughts, other than feeling terrible for a 7 year old, until I actually know what happened.

She might have been at deaths door upon arrival and BP was unable to save her. Or BP were negligent.

Of course anyone trying to push a narrative one way or the other will propagandize and spin.

"The careless evil parents user her as a pawn to make the glorious United States look like the bad guy", or the other side
"The evil United States let this poor child die due to their of racist hatred!!"

Either way an innocent 7 year old died who shouldn't have.

dman has a point here. was sthe border patrol responsible? or did they do everything they could to prevent this poor little girls untimely death?

were the parents responsible? were they indeed trying to get her to a place where she could have a better life?

in the end, until proof one way or the other comes to light, this poor little girl died, and we should all mourn her death.

we cant blame the border patrol since they likely did everything they could to help her, and i am not sure the parents should be blamed outright, but they do carry some of the blame due to their actions to travel with this child and being unprepared to cover such a distance.

but how about some of the people along the way that also could have helped but refused to or were prevented from doing so?

Old 12-14-2018, 03:50 PM

Quote:
NBC and WaPo want them to believe this because they want to paint the narrative that Trump's policies are inhumane. And amazingly, as demonstrated in this topic, yet again, they fall for it hook line and sinker and make every obtuse and disingenous argument for that very thing.

This, even after the Border Patrol does a press conference to say what actually did happen. Her dad said the girl was OK, and didn't come back for 7 hours to say there was a problem.

Yeah, it's like this article that makes it sound like something nefarious is going on. Perhaps they're numbering people so they can keep track of who arrived first, but no - they write it in a way that makes it sound like Auschwitz is the next stop:

https://www.newsweek.com/asylum-seek...states-1240140

Old 12-14-2018, 03:51 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,397,020 times
Quote:
Anyone who is impressed by this is an idiot. You could be the most learned person in America - if your thinking is off it doesn't matter.
You don't need to be impressed. Conservatives are rarely impressed by education anyway. I just don't need the symptoms explained to me over and over again, that's all.

I'm also not wrong that a trained person would have noticed that this girl needed help much sooner and might have saved her life.

If a trained person was available and this was missed, that's a failure. But that may not have been a possibility. I've never claimed to KNOW what happened there. I've just explained why it's POSSIBLE that we failed to save her. I'm done explaining that now.

And just in case you missed it because you probably did. HER PARENTS ARE AT FAULT FOR HER DEATH. We might have been able to prevent it.

Old 12-14-2018, 03:54 PM

Quote:
You don't need to be impressed. Conservatives are rarely impressed by education anyway. I just don't need the symptoms explained to me over and over again, that's all.

I'm also not wrong that a trained person would have noticed that this girl needed help much sooner and might have saved her life.

If a trained person was available and this was missed, that's a failure. But that may not have been a possibility. I've never claimed to KNOW what happened there. I've just explained why it's POSSIBLE that we failed to save her. I'm done explaining that now.

And just in case you missed it because you probably did. HER PARENTS ARE AT FAULT FOR HER DEATH. We might have been able to prevent it.
Who is conservative? You think it's only conservatives who have a problem with what's happening at the border?

You're in cramped quarters with more than 163 people trying to do paperwork to account for them all and you would have noticed.

Okay, Miss Cleo.

Old 12-14-2018, 03:54 PM

Quote:

I don't need any media source to tell me Trump's policies are inhumane. I have a functioning brain and a heart to tell me that.

But if you get your news from Breitbart, it is quite obvious that the truth does not matter at all to you. They are not in the truth business.

Old 12-14-2018, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Who is conservative? You think it's only conservatives who have a problem with what's happening at the border?

You're in cramped quarters with more than 163 people trying to do paperwork to account for them all and you would have noticed.

Okay, Miss Cleo.
Which is exactly why I said I don't know that it's possible that anyone would have noticed. Just that if they did, they could have saved her. Reading comprehension is important.

Old 12-14-2018, 03:56 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
You don't have to keep explaining this to me. I don't have to look these things up. I understand better than you do I'm sure (that whole pesky doctor I carry before my name and all).

Great, you're a doctor, with your answers, you don't seem to be.

Quote:

I never suggested they needed to give this child a cup of water. I suggested, accurately, that she was at high risk being out in the desert.

Never said you did, go back and read what I wrote.

Quote:

A child would be at higher risk than an adult. There are symptoms that would have shown up before she had been there for 8 hours and was clearly past that point. Symptoms that would have been apparent when she was first brought into custody.

Yes, some that would be considered, being a 7 year old....acting a little weird, because she is bored....

Quote:

Checking the welfare of any children in the group should have been the first priority as they would have/should have known the risk.

The place they were at, was not known to have a large staff.....much less to cover a 160+ people...

Quote:
That doesn't mean they failed, but it means it's possible that they did. I wasn't there. Again, I have no idea how many people were trained to notice the symptoms. I don't know how many kids they had to check and how long that would have taken. I just know that if she had been evaluated by a trained person earlier, she may have been savable.

They did their job to the best of their ability....When they found out, they went into action and did what was needed.

Quote:
Neither of us were there. So did they fail or not, it's dishonest to claim to know.

We know they were doing the best they could with the amount of people that they had and the amount of people they were dealing with.

Quote:
And her parents are at fault for her death. We may have some fault in not preventing it.

If you are really a Dr. then you should know that she was far beyond being helped at the point even when she was picked up, all because her parents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies