Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2018, 11:29 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Not sure how all this will end up, except I know it will go to the SCOTUS.
It will get deferred through the system. The only thing is now it forces a Republican plan to happen. Maybe Trump will ffinally unveil his plan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2018, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That's patently laughable considering the fact that Obamacare was actually WRITTEN by insurance industry lobbyists.

Insurers poised to reap benefits from healthcare overhaul - LA Times
In other news researchers are showing that water is wet.

Old 12-15-2018, 11:30 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Do you really think that the Trump Administration could pull that together? Hell, they couldn't even come up with a plan better than the ACA.

I don't see Dump spending the next 2 years trying to craft a healthcare policy.
Trump shouldn’t fix that abortion Obama created. He should put it out of its misery.

Old 12-15-2018, 11:40 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
ou perform be considered a "right" by someone else?

"Health care" is not a right. There is no logical argument that it should be. If there were, then every human endeavor on the face of the planet could also be argued to be a "right." The only natural "right" you have, is the right to not have others enslave you, and to make your own choices regarding your property (your body and legally owned assets). There is no "right" to services provided by others.
Silly - you are not using your brain. You are using the Brain of a Russia Fiction writer who was a massive hypocrite and spent much of her life taking things from taxpayers.

Without "free public health" rights most of us would be dead and gone or not exist in the first place.

Please - make a point within the context of our nation-state and modern society and 7 billion people on the planet - NOT what you think "could be" when smoking weed and debating things at 2am.

You can start asking yourself some basic questions. Doing so would require you not to answer this post - but rather thinking.

Joseph Salk ended Polio. When asked about a patent on it he said "what! You can't patent the Sun - there is no patent"....

ALL the scientists that developed modern medical methods did so for "the rights of humans to be free from disease and suffering". Virtually none of them did it for property.

Now, take it to some common examples. You own a vast property upwind from me and decide to refine oil there. Being as it is YOUR property, you want to use the cheap method which spews out vast amounts of pollutants.

But, wait - don't I have the "right" to breathe clean air? Trump doesn't think so and many millions of others agree.

If, however, we do say that I have the "right" to have the air as clean as humanly possible, that means you need to BUY the "services" of others to clean up your plant for me to have the rights....

But we are really making it even more complicated than it needs to be.

Do I have the "right" to use roads which are created with very little profit in mind? To put it another way, why doesn't the local bridge charge me $10 instead of $1.50 to cross it?

Why don't I pay $10 a month for my subscription to GPS? I can get it free from the USA, Russia, China and Euro systems.

Of course a book could be written and 100's of example that you benefit from each day could be noted....very similar. Property? Wow....so lands that the King or Wall Street Lawyers took or gave away...or the GOVERNMENT gave away to earlier settlers...they have all the rights in your opinion, but because someone is born not of their families they don't have "rights". Did God tell the King or Presidents to "lawfully" give square miles to people who lobbied them for it? And you feel that sets the stage for a modern society.

Hogwash.

Lastly, ask yourself if we should just leave horrible car accidents alone....do those people have the "rights" to EMT's, Police, transport to a Hospital, etc.

According to you the answer is "surely not".

You need to think just a little bit.

Old 12-15-2018, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Trump shouldn’t fix that abortion Obama created. He should put it out of its misery.
Ok so do we go back to old healthcare where preexisting conditions are allowed to be dropped from year to year and when a company changes plans or drops them due to cost you are SOL because you may now have a preexisting condition?

I much rather Medicare for all with part B or D options. It will keep many insurers in the game and should increase business for them. Even this could be done on a B-to-B way not just B-to-C.

Old 12-15-2018, 11:45 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
It will get deferred through the system. The only thing is now it forces a Republican plan to happen. Maybe Trump will ffinally unveil his plan.
If you actually think Trump has a plan....well, you are wrong. He can't play chess let alone checkers. Republicans have admitted when pressed that, even after decades, they have no plan except to fool people and sell them higher deductible fake insurance.

Note the 200+ Billion federal deficit for November. That is the plan - to indebt ourselves more and more and have our lifespans decrease (also in the news) and have our country descend even further into 2nd world status.

Not example the plan that is going to add to the General Welfare or Happiness of the People - you know, the entire reason we founded this Republic.

Old 12-15-2018, 11:54 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The sad thing is, I don't think he has a plan.

Old 12-15-2018, 11:54 AM

49 posts, read 44,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Healthcare is a right but you don’t have the right to make me pay for your stuff.
Healthcare is NOT a right.

Old 12-15-2018, 11:57 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmier View Post
Healthcare is NOT a right.
Exactly.

Old 12-15-2018, 11:59 AM

49 posts, read 44,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Silly - you are not using your brain. You are using the Brain of a Russia Fiction writer who was a massive hypocrite and spent much of her life taking things from taxpayers.

Without "free public health" rights most of us would be dead and gone or not exist in the first place.

Please - make a point within the context of our nation-state and modern society and 7 billion people on the planet - NOT what you think "could be" when smoking weed and debating things at 2am.

You can start asking yourself some basic questions. Doing so would require you not to answer this post - but rather thinking.

Joseph Salk ended Polio. When asked about a patent on it he said "what! You can't patent the Sun - there is no patent"....

ALL the scientists that developed modern medical methods did so for "the rights of humans to be free from disease and suffering". Virtually none of them did it for property.

Now, take it to some common examples. You own a vast property upwind from me and decide to refine oil there. Being as it is YOUR property, you want to use the cheap method which spews out vast amounts of pollutants.

But, wait - don't I have the "right" to breathe clean air? Trump doesn't think so and many millions of others agree.

If, however, we do say that I have the "right" to have the air as clean as humanly possible, that means you need to BUY the "services" of others to clean up your plant for me to have the rights....

But we are really making it even more complicated than it needs to be.

Do I have the "right" to use roads which are created with very little profit in mind? To put it another way, why doesn't the local bridge charge me $10 instead of $1.50 to cross it?

Why don't I pay $10 a month for my subscription to GPS? I can get it free from the USA, Russia, China and Euro systems.

Of course a book could be written and 100's of example that you benefit from each day could be noted....very similar. Property? Wow....so lands that the King or Wall Street Lawyers took or gave away...or the GOVERNMENT gave away to earlier settlers...they have all the rights in your opinion, but because someone is born not of their families they don't have "rights". Did God tell the King or Presidents to "lawfully" give square miles to people who lobbied them for it? And you feel that sets the stage for a modern society.

Hogwash.

Lastly, ask yourself if we should just leave horrible car accidents alone....do those people have the "rights" to EMT's, Police, transport to a Hospital, etc.

According to you the answer is "surely not".

You need to think just a little bit.
You can opine about this on and on, but healthcare is NOT a right. In a perfect world maybe, but we are far from a perfect world. And the ACA is A HORRIBLE thing. It taxed the poor and provided NO healthcare at all for anyone who did not make ENOUGH money. That's right. If you didn't make ENOUGH money you couldn't get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies