Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2018, 09:49 PM

20,956 posts, read 8,574,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Sec.of HHS Azar was on with Judge Jeanine tonight. He said this administration has approved more generics than any other and some drugs will be priced on a par with their overseas counterparts. He also explained why Medicare for all wouldn't work, mainly that more docs and hospitals would opt out.

I am in favor of people having choices because one plan doesn't fit all.
200 flavors of toothpaste....or is 10 enough?

Do you want the choice to fly in any of 25 models of airliner? Or is a 737 OK? Most flights are in 737's because they get you there.

Do you think the choice of curtain fabric and print should be part of the health care differences?

Sadly, no matter what you do with the laws or choices, a big part of the USA does not - and will not - have access to good health care. I saw it with my own eyes because a family member has a rare genetic condition. We were on an email list with 100's with the same exact condition and we watched as most all of the others died. Why? Well, they went to the medical facilities within reasonable distance of them.

Our family member is alive and kicking and married with a pre-teen.

ACA or no ACA, that's going to continue to be the case. Hospitals are not burger franchises. It does so happen that many of the top hospitals in the USA are in MA. and CA. and MN. and NY and other similar states....especially when access is considered. In most cases, anyone can get the top treatments.

Most drugs are already dirt cheap. But silly games are played - like the other day it was $60 for a script but I went on Goodrx and got a coupon and then it was $12.

HHS just aren't gonna save me much money off that $12.

The reason so much of what they are saying is BS...is that costs are going up yearly and we already pay over double what the rest of the world does. The proof is ONLY in the pudding and if your HHS guy was saving us money then it would show at the end of the year - and it doesn't. Exactly the opposite does. So that's the real story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2018, 09:53 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,059,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
He sure did. He's dumped it right into Nancy Pelosi's lap.

u mm she is not the president nor part of the party that is screwing up healthcare

Old 12-15-2018, 09:56 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,338,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
200 flavors of toothpaste....or is 10 enough?

Do you want the choice to fly in any of 25 models of airliner? Or is a 737 OK? Most flights are in 737's because they get you there.
Like Baskin Robbins... eh? only 31 flavors, when there are 1000's
Like Starbucks... eh? 1 coffee blend, when there are 1000's

If I'm the guy buying the plane, I damn sure am going to like more choices. Boeing, Lockhead, Airbus... are all going to want my business, and they will show me choices to get me to pick their model.

Old 12-15-2018, 10:02 PM

18,512 posts, read 7,260,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
I'm a Trump supporter, but I'm against this. I don't believe an activist, state judge, should be able to dictate national policy. I didn't believe it was right when the D's cheered their judges jamming up Trump's travel ban on terrorist countries, illegal immigration issues, etc. & I still don't like it.

If this is the way the D's want to play the game though, what choice do the R's have?

If I was the D's right now, I'd be very concerned about what other liberal issues, some a partisan, state judge might strike down with his pen.
He is not a state judge, and this bears no similarity to judges enjoining executive action. This is simply an opinion that a statute is unconstitutional, not an order that the President do what some judge wants.

Old 12-15-2018, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Another dagger in the heart of the GOP, as millions of Americans find themselves out in the cold once again with no access to health insurance, and millions upon millions more find themselves out in the cold due to the reinstatement of the insurance companies' ability to deny insurance due to preexisting conditions.
Please learn what insurance is. It is impossible to "insure" against a risk that has already been realized. And this has nothing to do with the GOP.

Old 12-15-2018, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader
The Republicans cheering this and calling it a victory must be dumber than a sack of bricks because when millions of people start seeing their health coverage at risk or lost, it's like handing the next election to the democrats.
Which millions would that be? Can you be specific?
I'm wondering the same thing.

Old 12-15-2018, 10:29 PM

18,986 posts, read 8,993,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
I'm wondering the same thing.
Well, there's these 12 million:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/busin...403-story.html

Old 12-15-2018, 10:32 PM

13,676 posts, read 8,940,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I know exactly what EMTALA is, and I also know that if no other access to affordable healthcare is available that is where people go for all sorts of things; stomach aches, kids with ear infections, sprains and strains etc. and all of those conditions are treated in the ER so spare me the lecture.

As one that spent 30 years reviewing medical records, 80 percent from public-financed hospitals, I agree.

As Shakespeare said: He jests that never felt the scar (or close to it)

Old 12-16-2018, 12:00 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,120,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
You said healthcare is not a right, so that means it's a privilege, right? One that without a lot of help, the vast majority of people could not afford. And that includes people who are getting their healthcare through their employer. Look at COBRA rates to see what healthcare really costs without government aid. Now tell me how many Americans are wealthy enough to afford that without help.
You have the right to any healthcare you can afford. You do not have the right to demand others to pay for it.

Old 12-16-2018, 12:01 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,120,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
I am willing to do my share. I pay taxes for many services I dont use. I accept health is a prerequisite to enjoy all other rights. This would be an additional tax. Now actually I pay 375 bi weekly for my private insurance plus taxes. Wouldnt it be great to pay some more in taxes but eliminate paying 375 biweekly in a private insurance ? If Americans shared the collective costs ( and yes freeloaders will exist ) it will be less expensive then it is now.
No, pay for your own stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies