Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2018, 07:36 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
This is the Kavanaugh effect. Seventeen million Americans will lose their health insurance if the Supreme court sustains the ruling by this Texas judge.

If based upon feelings and emotions, Obamacare will stand
If based upon the chains placed upon the federal government by the US Constitution, Obamacare is dead.

No Tax, No Law. 16thAmendment is no longer applicable. Returns the authorization back to the States, per the 10th Amendment.

Know your Constitution. Emotions and feelings don't dictate individual freedom & liberty to others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2018, 07:39 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Your ideology is wrong...First we are not created
I didn't say "created." Check your warped ideology.

Old 12-16-2018, 07:40 AM

People with absolutely NO skin in the game, demand I pay more for them to live.
I work, so they can live.

Old 12-16-2018, 07:40 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Europe’s taxes likely go towards paying for many other things besides healthcare. There’s no telling what all they have coming from that 50% rate.

I wouldn’t doubt if many middle aged Americans are paying near that rate now, but instead of it going to the government, it’s going to the insurance companies.
Exactly. Look at all the complaining here about what people are paying for premiums. I'd rather pay those premiums into a single payer system that has no deductibles, no out of pocket costs, no preexisting conditions clause, and that can't drop me or force me into bankruptcy, than having my healthcare dollars going to line the pockets of a greedy insurance company CEO. That's a no-brainer.

Old 12-16-2018, 07:42 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
People with absolutely NO skin in the game, demand I pay more for them to live.
I work, so they can live.
I'm tired of paying for employer-based subsidies. Time for those people to put some skin in the game and pay full freight, as many here demand those of us who don't have employer-based insurance or the subsidies that go with it, do.

They have been mooching off the rest of us for decades.

Old 12-16-2018, 07:42 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Exactly. Look at all the complaining here about what people are paying for premiums. I'd rather pay those premiums into a single payer system that has no deductibles, no out of pocket costs, no preexisting conditions clause, and that can't drop me or force me into bankruptcy, than having my healthcare dollars going to line the pockets of a greedy insurance company CEO. That's a no-brainer.
And I'm laughing at the sheer stupidity of the left...

HCSG, the 4th largest health insurer in the US and a parent group of BC/BS in several states with Illinois and Texas accounting for 83% of its business, only has a profit margin of 5.15%.

https://ycharts.com/companies/HCSG/profit_margin

Compare that to the "Top Ten" most profitable list:

Top 10 Most Profitable Industries and their Profit Margins

Old 12-16-2018, 07:43 AM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Trump expanded the temporary coverage marketplace from a month up to a year. You dont have to buy this temp coverage from the ACA web site, so the free marketplace has been reopened.

We had health insurance we were happy with continuously from our 1st job in our early 20's until 2 years into Obamacare (our late 40's) when Aetna sent us a letter saying we were being cancelled because our plan didnt conform.

We shopped around for conforming plans, and they were almost 2X as much. No way! We self-insured using our sizeable HSA balance for years until Trump came along and re-opened the marketplace and costs normalized.

We are now insured again with an identical plan that we had pre-ACA, at a cost that is just slighty higher than we had before. It should be higher as we are a few years older now.

We NEVER had insurance during most of the Obama years, and NEVER paid any penalties, fines, added taxes, fees, whatever you want to call them. On our tax return, when it asked about our health insurance, we just left it blank.

The only downside we see is that we must renew our policy each year, but we do that for our cars and homeowners, so no diff. We are in great health and have a large HSA balance, so we are good with this until a permanent policy becomes available.
Obamacare hosed a lot of folks that had very good insurance. They decided it fell under a "cadillac" plan and got extra taxes so many companies were forced to drop it. It sure hit me in the pocket.

Old 12-16-2018, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post

Then do that. 90% of your income should suffice.
Too much, maybe 75%?
50%?

You know they could promise never to be above 7% and within a decade, raise it to 90%, with the right congress

Old 12-16-2018, 07:45 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
When did your coverage go up ? How much do you pay per year. Its been several years since the ACA came online. Before the ACA my private insurance premiums would go up year to year and during open enrollment I would shop around. Would not the cost of health insurance rise naturally year to year anyway ? An other factor is if your employed perhaps your company is covering less of the cost of the insurance and paassing it on to you ? Just asking. I have heard people blame the costs of medical items on procedure because of Oboma Care when it may not have had anything to do with it.
It would. The anti-ObamaCare crowd are hypocrites plain and simple. They are at best ignorant of the legacy healthcare systems where prices raised year to year naturally and not exactly based around the preexisting conditions pool. The only reason people were happy was that they could merely get the catastrophic care plan if they couldn't afford the higher cost individual market plans as oppose to the employer plans. Also wasn't ObamaCare much better for the self-employed? Oh that right, the self-employed isn't really cared about...

Old 12-16-2018, 07:47 AM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Actually, no, it's overweight/obesity.
Geezus...I'm 78 and was in perfect health for most of my life. I am not overweight but began to develop age related problems about ten years ago....Old age is something none of us can escape, and don't be fooled when people call it the golden years...There is nothing golden about watching your body slowly fall apart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies