Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2018, 01:28 PM

21,909 posts, read 9,483,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
Biggest preexisting condition is age. Even if your healthy problems start to arise after 40. So eventually we will all get something. Health insurance cant be looked at as a car insurance can it ? But anyway, I have private insurance and as long as I do this ACA issue does not have any relevance for me directly. Yet, I hope for a single payer system for people who need it. I will pay 250 a paycheck more for it. Americans have to work together for the greater good. 250 is my limit for that
I wish I could say I had a $250 limit. I got socked with the whole shebang of ACA taxes. Do I get to set a limit, too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2018, 01:32 PM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Guess those premiums to car insurance companies don't count?

For the millionth time no one forces you to buy a car insurance if you do not drive a car.

And you do not need to buy comprehensive insurance unless you are financing the vehicle....you only need liability insurance if you are going to drive a car on public roadways.

This is for the protection of others .....not for the protection of yourself as is the case with health insurance.

The analogy is a fake as Hillary's smile.

Old 12-16-2018, 01:32 PM

30,395 posts, read 21,215,773 times
Quote:
Most people do drive and many have to drive. Got proof that Roberts was paid off? LOL>
Sure do. No other moron would have passed that crap to force peeps to pay for something that was not needed.

That would be like me saying you have to buy a telescope or get a fine. I hate that mans ever living guts just as much as i do Obamabutt for forcing this BS on us. I don't have HC and i will never have it.

Old 12-16-2018, 01:38 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
99% of people have no idea what an effective rate is.
And they're the people stupidly complaining about how "the rich don't pay their fair share," while the rich actually WAY overpay their fair share.

Top 1% earns 19.72% of the income, but pays 37.32% of the federal income tax revenue.
Top 5-10% earns 11.37% of the income, and pays 11.24% of the federal income tax revenue.
Top 10-25% earns 21.86% of the income, and pays 16.50% of the federal income tax revenue.
(Source: IRS Statistics of Income, Individual Income Rates and Tax Shares, most recently revised in 2018)

Why not just have everyone pay the same share of the federal income tax collected as they earn in income as the latter 2 income groups do?

Old 12-16-2018, 01:40 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
For the millionth time no one forces you to buy a car insurance if you do not drive a car.

And you do not need to buy comprehensive insurance unless you are financing the vehicle....you only need liability insurance if you are going to drive a car on public roadways.

This is for the protection of others .....not for the protection of yourself as is the case with health insurance.

Liability is still insurance. Actually the mandate is for the protection of others. It helps fund the system so those who can't afford coverage can get it.

People get so up in arms about the mandate when they are paying thousands in taxes out of their paychecks to go to all sorts of useless things. Helping somebody get insurance who can't afford it actually benefits society. People who can get preventive care can possibly keep them from getting some horribly critical illness that will cause insurance companies to raise their rates on everybody. We're all in this thing together, whether anybody likes it or not.

Old 12-16-2018, 01:40 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post

Exactly. Note all the ignorance posted in this thread. That's why we can't have nice things.

Old 12-16-2018, 01:42 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Sure do. No other moron would have passed that crap to force peeps to pay for something that was not needed.

That would be like me saying you have to buy a telescope or get a fine. I hate that mans ever living guts just as much as i do Obamabutt for forcing this BS on us. I don't have HC and i will never have it.
So that's your proof? Hahah. Evidently millions think it was needed and are grateful to have it. Happy you don't need it. But really, that much hate can be detrimental to your health.

21,909 posts, read 9,483,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
And they're the people stupidly complaining about how "the rich don't pay their fair share," while the rich actually WAY overpay their fair share.

Top 1% earns 19.72% of the income, but pays 37.32% of the federal income tax revenue.
Top 5-10% earns 11.37% of the income, and pays 11.24% of the federal income tax revenue.
Top 10-25% earns 21.86% of the income, and pays 16.50% of the federal income tax revenue.
(Source: IRS Statistics of Income, Individual Income Rates and Tax Shares, most recently revised in 2018)

Why not just have everyone pay the same share of the federal income tax collected as they earn in income as the latter 2 income groups do?
I know. It drives me crazy. People paying 15-19 % griping. My effective rate actually IS 34%. That doesn't include state and property. Our state taxes increased 100% and they are going to sock it to us again and the property taxes are the second highest in the country.

10,681 posts, read 6,111,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattee01 View Post
What ever happened to the Republicans finding a better solution?

Oh that was just a shame? We’re gonna make a bad situation even worse and remain the only country that will allow you to die because you can’t afford your medical bills? What a surprise!!!
Private: "Charges set sir!"

Sarge: "Private did you set the life boats?"

Private: "Durrr.. Life boats?"

Old 12-16-2018, 01:43 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,111,029 times
Quote:
So that's your proof? Hahah. Evidently millions think it was needed and are grateful to have it. Happy you don't need it. But really, that much hate can be detrimental to your health.
Everything's going great in life, until it isn't..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies