Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2018, 12:17 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times

Advertisements

I find this report to be interesting. A survey was conducted by Google, (and we know how biased and left Google is). Any how 27 percent of the responders in the survey suggest that Santa should be gender neutral or a female. Santa has been historically male, even a Mrs. Santa has been introduced over the past decade however Mrs. Santa has female gender roles and stereotypes which do not fit well with non binary thought processed humans. Majority of the respondents preferred a traditional male Santa..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usn...%3fcontext=amp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2018, 12:26 AM

1,716 posts, read 2,500,053 times
I smell snowflakes.

Old 12-16-2018, 12:30 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelva View Post
I smell snowflakes.
Me too.

Old 12-16-2018, 12:43 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,301,736 times
Default Some people want gender neutral Santa. (war on Christmas) Totally bad idea!

Change, just for sake of change, is usually a bad idea. Christmas is a wonderful celebration of the birth of Christ. The term gender neutral, is an oxymoron

Old 12-16-2018, 01:55 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,651,114 times
Santa, as we know of this mythical character, was developed by a large corporation. Let Coca Cola decide.

Old 12-16-2018, 02:16 AM

37,177 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I find this report to be interesting. A survey was conducted by Google, (and we know how biased and left Google is). Any how 27 percent of the responders in the survey suggest that Santa should be gender neutral or a female. Santa has been historically male, even a Mrs. Santa has been introduced over the past decade however Mrs. Santa has female gender roles and stereotypes which do not fit well with non binary thought processed humans. Majority of the respondents preferred a traditional male Santa..

How is a war on Santa a war on Christmas? Was Santa crucified and I missed it?

What we need to do to solve the problem is to return to tradition and the days when the Yule Goat brought presents, which probably developed from the goat that pulled Thor's chariot. That would solve both ridiculous problems at once - the gender problem wiht the entity delivering presents, and the belief that religion is anything but a fairy tale.

https://www.storey.com/article/yule-goat/

Old 12-16-2018, 05:41 AM

27,141 posts, read 13,429,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post

I totally agree.

Lets dress good looking young women in short santa skirts and stockings and then have men sit on their knees.

The reality sadly, will most probably be some fat transgender SJW, who doesn't need a false beard.

Old 12-16-2018, 06:59 AM

14,768 posts, read 8,093,254 times
Since Santa is a Fictional/Mythical Character I don't give a Rat's #$% what gender someone wants him/her to be.
And I worry a bit if you get too worked up and bothered by it either way - it is not real.
Just believe in your fiction and let other people believe in their's!

Old 12-16-2018, 07:25 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
We teach our trusting and vulnerable children to believe in an obese stranger who travels the entire globe in a single night in a sleigh pulled by flying reindeer, breaking and entering their house in the middle of the night to leave toys, only to have them crushed and feeling betrayed when they realize we've lied to them knowingly and willfully for years. And what is more, we think that betrayal, and their naive belief, is cute.

I'll never forget the look on my daughter's face when she realized I had been lying to her. She asked me why I did and I had no answer for her.

If someone wants to start a new mythology to sell to their children as the absolute truth, what difference does it make? In the end, when they find out the truth, they will feel just as stupid and betrayed as they do with the old mythology.

And no, I'm not a Scrooge. I love just about every tradition that comes with the secular American Christmas. I just question lying to our children and then wondering why they don't trust us to tell them the truth when they get older.

Old 12-16-2018, 07:27 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,766,243 times
This is going to melt the snowflakes who can’t handle people having a different opinion about their traditional view of something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies