Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 07:48 AM

24,298 posts, read 16,984,440 times

Advertisements

Why did NBC feel the need to give a voice to one woman that wanted to attack Christmas? Are they trying to stir up controversy? Was it a slow news day out of DC?

I have known Jewish families that celebrate Christmas.
Christmas is both a religious holiday and a commercial family day of gift giving and feasting.

What's next for the SJW's? Will they be outraged that Santa is portrayed as white or how about his elves that are living out their lives in servitude pounding away in the toy shop?

Old 12-18-2018, 08:47 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,483,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
It's a Russian thing.
LOL, who knew? I thought it was a misguided crusade thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
1. No it is not a National Holiday. If you are going to boil your blood, at least have the self-respect to do it over something that is true.

2. She states it's her and her alone. She makes a point to say this.

3. This does not sound like a "war on Christmas":

4. I am so damned tired of all these faux conservatives and faux Christians playing the fake victim card. If someone has an opinion, they are so damn fragile that they can't take it. You and your ilk have no right to call anyone else a snowflake.

For the record: I was raised in Jewish Household, and I say Merry Christmas to most. Sometimes I say Happy Holidays if I'm not sure. I try to say whatever will make the person on the receiving end most comfortable, because that is my intent, TO SPREAD GOOD VIBE.

If you really feel like a victim because someone wrote an opinion, I feel for you. Your life will always be one of fear based on lies, and that has to suck. Reading YOUR POST made my blood boil.

So you fell into the trap of exaggerating as much as the original poster did.

Old 12-18-2018, 08:52 AM

3,068 posts, read 1,280,956 times
I’m half Jewish but not even the half that counts. Still because I have a Jewish last name I always mess with people at work who say merry Christmas to me and respond solemnly “I’m Jewish” and their reactions are always hilarious. TBH though it is strange how people automatically assume someone celebrates Christmas for the most part. It’s just like I always hear relatives at parties or holiday dinners say to my brother’s kids “that’s a cool place there’s so many pretty girls there”. Why are you assuming they are straight?

Old 12-18-2018, 09:01 AM

16,214 posts, read 11,260,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Why did NBC feel the need to give a voice to one woman that wanted to attack Christmas? Are they trying to stir up controversy? Was it a slow news day out of DC?
It's not an "attack on Christmas"; it's just a respectful reminder that when a large majority gets "in synch" on something -- anything, it's easier for those left out to slip into an "outsider syndrome".

And FWIW, there have been a very few occasions in my life when I've found myself a lone, or one of a very few, Gentiles in a predominately Jewish group, and felt an "our crowd" mentality taking over. This seemed to be more the case with secular, non-religious Jews, than with the more Orthodox.

But at any rate, the difference is minor, and offensive only to those with their own anti-Semitic streak.

Old 12-18-2018, 09:10 AM
miu

17,764 posts, read 40,041,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmann View Post
https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...fer-ncna942496

As usual I was right....

An article about a Jewish girl complaining that Christmas is being everywhere in their face once they walk outside the door. I guess she doesn’t realize that Christmas is a national holiday celebrated by over 90% of Americans. Of course she wanted to challenge the holiday too by complaining to local newspapers and officials saying that Christmas is unconstitutional (obviously it isn’t). No shock.

Diversity is so great that minorities think they are perfectly fine by insulting and attacking the majority

Reading the article makes my blood boil!
Chill dude. She's entitled to her opinion, after all this is America.

As an atheist, I just see the Christmas holidays as helping retailers to see more unneeded crap to guilt-ridden shoppers, especially parents.

And IMO if you were a true christian, you would be outraged that Christmas has turned into such a capitalistic spending holiday and become much less a spiritual one.

Old 12-18-2018, 09:15 AM

34,134 posts, read 18,393,974 times
The U.S. is still a majority Christian country by far. If you say "Merry Christmas" to someone most likely 7, or even 8 out of 10 people will relate to you. Even most Jews are OK with people saying Merry Christmas to them, and I have Jewish friends that actually celebrate Christmas.

Old 12-18-2018, 09:16 AM

1,874 posts, read 810,848 times
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Old 12-18-2018, 09:17 AM

19,538 posts, read 9,064,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmann View Post
https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...fer-ncna942496

As usual I was right....

An article about a Jewish girl complaining that Christmas is being everywhere in their face once they walk outside the door. I guess she doesn’t realize that Christmas is a national holiday celebrated by over 90% of Americans. Of course she wanted to challenge the holiday too by complaining to local newspapers and officials saying that Christmas is unconstitutional (obviously it isn’t). No shock.

Diversity is so great that minorities think they are perfectly fine by insulting and attacking the majority

Reading the article makes my blood boil!
As usual, your anti-semitism is showing. I am an agnostic, and so I believe in "live and let live" so long as no one is actually being hurt by one's actions. Her opinion is not actually hurting you, is it?

You know, you profess yourself to be a Christian, but in my opinion, your posts often do not reflect at all what Jesus preached. Especially at this time of year, the last thing I want to do is read about intolerance and hatred (or borderline hatred), no matter where it is coming from. Such things make my "blood boil".

Old 12-18-2018, 09:23 AM

7,302 posts, read 3,371,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Good job. You managed to take a crap article and somehow spin yourself into an attack on white Christains. Racism and bigotry resides within you.
You must be referring to the writer and the subject of the article.

Why do we have to secularize our culture for them? Flights to Israel are cheap enough, where Jews do not worry about imposing their religious atmosphere on others.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Old 12-18-2018, 09:28 AM

7,302 posts, read 3,371,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
As usual, your anti-semitism is showing.
Funny. The article was blatantly anti-Christian and hypocritical. And you turn criticism of that into a cry of victim-hood?

Shame on your double standard. With a morally uneven approach like yours, your are likely to highlight criticism of hateful hypocrites like the author as being virtuous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies