Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Trump Supporter: What would you think if there is no border wall in 2020?
I would not care as long as President Trump told me it is no longer an issue 1 14.29%
I never supported the wall anyway- don't care 3 42.86%
I would be very angry that he was not able to build the wall 3 42.86%
I know nothing about a border wall 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2018, 11:26 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It is encouraging to me that the Trumpers have so drastically trimmed their expectations. It is a necessary first step for getting in line with the rest of us who saw Trump for the lying con man and fraud he was way back years and years ago.

Reading comprehension is not your friend I see....

If you'd read the link, you'd know there are a few hundred miles already paid for....but you don't want to read that because it goes against what you want and it angers you...sorry...so sad....

Here, just because we know you won't go to the link, you may learn something there...

Quote:
DHS is positioned to construct 215 miles of Border Patrol’s highest priority border wall miles including:
  • ~5 miles in San Diego Sector in California
  • ~14 miles in El Centro Sector in California
  • ~27 miles in Yuma Sector in Arizona
  • ~9 miles in El Paso Sector in New Mexico
  • ~55 miles in Laredo Sector in Texas
  • ~104 miles in Rio Grande Valley Sector in Texas

And

Quote:
In FY18, Congress provided $1.375B for border wall construction which equates to approximately 84 miles of border wall in multiple locations across the Southwest border, including:
  • $251M for a secondary border wall in the San Diego Sector
  • $445M to construct a new levee wall system in the Rio Grande Valley Sector
  • $196M to construct a new steel bollard wall system in Rio Grande Valley Sector
  • $445M for a primary pedestrian wall in San Diego, El Centro, Yuma and Tucson Sectors

215+84+40.25 ='s...come on, you can do it...we know you can....this is already paid for BTW....

Quote:
For example, when we installed a border wall in the Yuma Sector, we have seen border apprehensions decrease by 90 percent.

See^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^wall don't work...oh wait..............

Old 12-20-2018, 11:26 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
LOL. oh wow! 1 million dollars! That will fund a whole what? 20 feet?
A Million bucks buys pretty much concrete.

Average price for a square yard is around $60.

$1 million could buy 16,700 yards!!

Old 12-20-2018, 11:27 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
How are they "being had"? Did you even read the GoFundMe post? Maybe you should actually read it.

It doesn't even have a lot of coverage right now, and it's at 1.9 million in 2 days.

Regardless of what you think about that, here's my question to all the lefties on here throwing little fits about this:

Why do you care? What difference does it make to you if citizens of this country want to put money towards the wall? At least they aren't hypocrites. The right tells the left that if they want to harbor illegals, use their own money, bring them into their homes, feed and clothe them, etc.

And here's the right, wanting a wall, and putting their money where their mouths are.

And you all have a problem with that? Really?

What are you scared of...that the right won't bow down to your orders to accept illegals?

It's not your money, you don't even like the right, so what do you care?
I did read the page, and the guy doesn't have any place to send the funds as of yet. He also claims that he is working with a law firm that will bind the government to use any funds collected only for the wall, I'm pretty sure that a lawyer can't tell congress what it can and can't do with funds. He also claims that 100% of the funds donated will go to the wall, but then who will be paying the taxes and go fund me fees?

Seems to me that the guy jumped before getting his ducks in a row.

Old 12-20-2018, 11:28 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
So, who gets all this donated money if they dont reach their goal or if another source pays?

Suddenly I have the urge to start my own kickstarter campaign.

Old 12-20-2018, 11:29 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Im amused that no one realizes just how dumb this steel fence idea is. At about $120 per ton for scrap that fence is going to be cut down, hauled away, and sold almost as fast as we put it up. And im not sure which side will get to it first.
We’ll call it welfare, then you can support it

Old 12-20-2018, 11:29 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Reading comprehension is not your friend I see....

If you'd read the link, you'd know there are a few hundred miles already paid for....but you don't want to read that because it goes against what you want and it angers you...sorry...so sad....

Here, just because we know you won't go to the link, you may learn something there...

And

215+84+40.25 ='s...come on, you can do it...we know you can....this is already paid for BTW....

See^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^wall don't work...oh wait..............
Yada, yada. Like I said I know all about the fencing. I have seen it, I see it every month. So quit telling me about it. But Trump did not even spend most of the money he got and he is being offered just as much this year. No. He wants a monument to himself.

I'm not against fencing where it is appropriate. Stop implying that.

Old 12-20-2018, 11:32 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Yada, yada. But Trump did not even spend most of the money he got and he is being offered just as much this year. No. He wants a monument to himself.

LOL...when something is planned, like what I've shown you, it may not be spent, but it is marked for that project....

Nope, no matter how much you or cnn spew it, it does not make it true....

What I've shown you is true and it makes you mad....

Quote:
Yada, yada. Like I said I know all about the fencing. I have seen it, I see it every month. So quit telling me about it. But Trump did not even spend most of the money he got and he is being offered just as much this year. No. He wants a monument to himself.

I'm not against fencing where it is appropriate. Stop implying that.

So, you've seen that particular part of the fencing/wall/ham sandwich that is in the link? Are you saying it's not there?

Or are you talking about in you local area where nothing has been built since 2006? Be specific....

Old 12-20-2018, 11:41 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
The quickest cheapest way to stop illegals is to jail the people who hire them.

Eminent domain lawsuits are still unresolved from when Chertoff was in charge of homeland security. No wall can be started until those lawsuit are closed.
your right

Old 12-20-2018, 11:43 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
LOL...when something is planned, like what I've shown you, it may not be spent, but it is marked for that project....

Nope, no matter how much you or cnn spew it, it does not make it true....

What I've shown you is true and it makes you mad....

So, you've seen that particular part of the fencing/wall/ham sandwich that is in the link? Are you saying it's not there?

Or are you talking about in you local area where nothing has been built since 2006? Be specific....
The new ham sandwich in Yuma that you mentioned among other sections near Nogales and the ones in San Diego that go out into the ocean.

Old 12-20-2018, 11:46 AM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstecher View Post
How much did you donate?

I know someone who found nearly 500,000 in drug money/cards/lotto tickets in the desert and it was handed over to BP/ICE. So we can forward that tidy sum too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies