Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Trump Supporter: What would you think if there is no border wall in 2020?
I would not care as long as President Trump told me it is no longer an issue 1 14.29%
I never supported the wall anyway- don't care 3 42.86%
I would be very angry that he was not able to build the wall 3 42.86%
I know nothing about a border wall 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2018, 05:02 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,380,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
The globalist wing of both parties does not want any barriers at all.

They had no business taking their oaths because it was completely meaningless to them.

They are not defending this country and the constitution. Their first official lie right out of the gate.
The globalists in both parties have fought the wall tooth and nail, with the Republicans in Congress talking out of both sides of their mouths and the Democrats outright because they want poor, uneducated people pouring across to provide an endless supply of cheap labor. They don't care of American workers are damaged as a result.

Old 12-20-2018, 05:05 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,796,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Mach in medieval times -- that's what they did...built walls around their town.

I take it you are a fan of that kind of architecture -- interesting.
Just pointing out that there are places today who also have walls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Most American's DON'T want the wall.

Just under 25% of Americans voted for Trump.

Are you saying 10K kids from the US are sex trafficked across the border to Mexico? I'd like to see that stat. Americans aren't trafficked south in any real percentages. It's the opposite.
This go fund me is proof that many Americans DO want a wall. It's been talked about for years (yes even before Trump) and people just want it finished. Also if just under 25% of Americans voted for Trump then he would not have won the election. Even by the popular vote Hillary only won by 2.9 million voted. So your math is off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
That is why Trump was elected. People of both parties got fed up with the all talk no action permanent political class

Very true. Trump won this election on a couple of things. 1) people are fed up with no action, 2) he was not Hillary. lol! 3) people wanted someone who was not tainted by political games.

8.4 mil by just over 138K people...that says quite a bit.

Old 12-20-2018, 05:08 PM

57,263 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Honestly if Trump was going to pick a battleground to fight to the death on its border security. Immigration is the 2nd most important issue for voters. Many Republicans will no doubt flee at the first sight of blood but I think this is an issue worth making your stand on. It’s long past due that our country addresses this ever growing problem.

Democrats could claim victory that they blocked the wall and made trump settle for a steel fence. Making it out of American steel would be a good sell
Well if a border wall was such an important issue why didn't Trump get it passed the last 2 years when he had both houses. He didn't have an issue giving a trillion dollar tax cut or increasing defense spending billions, he could have taken care of this.

This isn't about border security its about a border wall.

Old 12-20-2018, 05:12 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,624 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Interesting. They have recently turned off the feature that allows you to see more than the last, say, 10 donors.

Thus shutting down your ability to notice most donors are duplicate names.

Wonder why in the world they wanted to do that?

Old 12-20-2018, 05:14 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
The Donald loves the under educated. Example one is all those who think some giant wall from sea to shining sea is the best way to secure the border. A giant wall is the least efficient and most wasteful way to secure the border. Those advocating for a wall are just advocating for symbolism over substance. It is the imbecile's solution to a complex problem.

Really? What other than a physical barrier deters illegal entry better? Have you not read the numerous links I have provided denoting how well the good walls work?

Old 12-20-2018, 05:19 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
Just pointing out that there are places today who also have walls.

This go fund me is proof that many Americans DO want a wall. It's been talked about for years (yes even before Trump) and people just want it finished. Also if just under 25% of Americans voted for Trump then he would not have won the election. Even by the popular vote Hillary only won by 2.9 million voted. So your math is off.

Very true. Trump won this election on a couple of things. 1) people are fed up with no action, 2) he was not Hillary. lol! 3) people wanted someone who was not tainted by political games.

8.4 mil by just over 138K people...that says quite a bit.
This go fund proves that people who want the wall REALLY want the wall and are willing to put 50 bucks toward it.

You've got, at most 70K people contributing (because you have to account for all the multiple donations by each donor) out of a US population of 327 million adults.

So if you call .0002 percent of the population "many", well, ok.

Trump fans just really, really don't get numbers.

Old 12-20-2018, 05:19 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Really? What other than a physical barrier deters illegal entry better? Have you not read the numerous links I have provided denoting how well the good walls work?
Sixty five countries have walls or fences to keep out illegals.

Millions of people around the world have walls, fences, gates, etc to keep people out of their neighborhoods or out of their yards.

Prisons have walls and/or fences to keep people in.

And the left pretends that "walls don't work".

Idiots.

Old 12-20-2018, 05:20 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Well so much for México paying for it. But if you want it pay for it, I won’t. Long way to 5 billion.

"Polly wanna cracker"? Squawk, squawk. Good, you and yours pick our fair share of the over $100 billion a year that illegal aliens cost us and we will pick up the tab for the wall. Deal? Crickets...........

When congress passed the wall bill in 2006 it was the taxpayer that was going to fund it. We're you all enraged about it back then? The left are such hypocrites!

Old 12-20-2018, 05:25 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times
$8.5 million now. Be sure to watch Fox News The Ingraham Angle with Laura Ingraham tonight at 10pm ET / 7pm PT because she is having the guy who started this Fund as a guest. Then it will be fun to keep refreshing the page to see the money amount skyrocket!

Old 12-20-2018, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Sixty five countries have walls or fences to keep out illegals.

Millions of people around the world have walls, fences, gates, etc to keep people out of their neighborhoods or out of their yards.

Prisons have walls and/or fences to keep people in.

And the left pretends that "walls don't work".

Idiots.
I'm not so sure a wall would work, unless you do like some countries, and have armed guard towers to shoot any wall climbers. No thanks on that horror.

The cost is staggering to erect the wall.

It would completely wreck an area of Texas, Big Bend National Park, a piece of heaven.

Gone forever would be the incredible serenity of the Ocotillo porch in Lajitas. And THAT, to those who care, is a loss. Sitting there, on the porch, and looking over the Rio Grande to the majestic sheer cliff border (which, frankly will do more than a wall to keep out anyone bent on crossing there) is one of the greatest experiences you can have in Big Bend.

And I don't want to be looking at some ugly hateful wall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies