Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2018, 09:30 AM

16,599 posts, read 8,610,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Trump was the right guy at the right time. He was possibly the only R candidate in '16 that could have beaten Hillary, and he did just that. You can call it Russian collusion if you want, you can say it was an act of God, whatever makes you happy. As a guy who can't stand politicians and wanted to see a businessman running things since Perot back in 1992, I had no choice but to vote for him. And he's gotten some good things done despite relentless media attacks and the "RESIST" movement started the day after he was elected by the sore losers.

But he's done. Trump isn't going to be around in 2020 to run again. There are too many of his staff in trouble or in prison. Too many scandals, too much shady behavior. Trump's Foundation was just shut down for Pete's sake and you can't blame the media for that one. Chris Matthews predicted Trump will resign within a few weeks and that prediction might just happen.

I'm throwing in the towel. Give me Mark Cuban next time around, and I don't care which party he runs under. Only thing is, Cuban is too smart to give up the life he has to be president. So it will probably be back to the usual assortment of Crooked Clintons and Low Energy Jebs the next time around. This country deserves what it gets.
There in a nutshell is exactly what the liberal MSM & press are hoping for, thus the endless assaults, exaggerations, omissions of positive news or counter-point to attacks, etc., etc., etc.
They are hoping and praying voters like you say there is so much smoke, there must be fire.

I suggest you read Gregg Jarrett's book before you get too carried away with how many of Trumps people are in trouble.

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/the...SABEgL0GPD_BwE

More importantly, many are guilty of process crimes, unrelated to anything Trump has done. Then they are coerced into trying to find something on Trump, anything, even unrelated to this Russian hoax.
Even if the left is successful in trying to morph the Stormy rubbish into a campaign issue, many a politician has done such things, and it is obviously politically motivated. Can you imagine how many of the bimbo eruptions that Bill Clinton had paid off or coerced into silence?
Trump is no angel when it comes to fidelity, but all we heard from the left when it cam to Clinton was crickets.

As to the Trump foundation, isn't it amazing that the Clinton Foundation which hardly distributed a high % of the money to charity has yet to be investigated (despite obvious pay for play with foreign governments), yet they are after Trump with his foundation?
You don't see that as political and selective enforcement/coverage?
You certainly don't see reporters asking what about the Clinton Foundation, yet everything Trump does is questioned as to his motivation, always in a negative way.

Trump has flaws to be certain, but he was the right person at the right time to start to drain the swamp of DC, and expose the corruption of the deep state.
Heck there is essentially a coup attempt for our duly elected president with a special council that was appointed under a false pretense. Now it is open season on anyone attached to him and any potential wrongdoing his businesses might have done in the past.

Don't forget, he is under the pressure and taking it, and still getting a lot accomplished.
So don't allow the calculated efforts of all the liberals within certain institutions to accomplish what they set out to do, via eroding his support with people like you.

`

Old 12-19-2018, 09:33 AM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,661,013 times
Another really strange thing is how many of Trump's avid supporters still seem to feel that everything is still going great for him and he will still be around to win in a landslide in 2020. I guess that they figure if they keep repeating that, it will come true. Good luck with that.

Old 12-19-2018, 09:34 AM

48,529 posts, read 34,851,331 times
I respect that your views have changed and that you made a thread on it. You don't see many people change their mind, especially in this forum.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-19-2018, 09:49 AM

46,957 posts, read 25,990,037 times
BeerGeek, we may not see eye to eye on much - although I suspect we share opinions on beer ("beer is good", for one) - but that there took guts and I wish I could rep it more than once. You've set a high bar.

Old 12-19-2018, 09:52 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times
Quote:
I'm not liberal by any stretch, however. This may be the first conservative prediction of his demise.
Never Trumpers in the GOP have been predicting his demise since day 1, but one could argue they are not very conservative.

Trump hasn't been everything most of us hoped he'd be but unless you like how the establishment was running things, or unless you know of an alternative to him that would be more palatable but serve the same purpose, you gotta dance with the one who brung you.

There won't be a demise by the way. He will be impeached by the dem house but will not be convicted by the GOP senate. This was determined the moment the dems won back the house. Will he win in 2020? It's up to the voters and will depend in large part on who the dems run against him. If the dems do win in 2020 I will be very interested to see who the GOP runs in 2024 or what independents may be willing to run. A lot of independents will end up to be establishment puppets in disguise though.

In the meantime enjoy all the pats on the back the board lefties are giving you, but take a shower afterwards.

Old 12-19-2018, 10:00 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,193,482 times
Trump is far from finished BeerGeek. He’s still making things happen. Do your best to ignore the noise of the investigation, it’s a politically biased group of investigators fishing to find something to pin the president on, he angered the establishment greatly and this is their payback. Look at the results, many of his campaign promises are already kept.

Old 12-19-2018, 10:04 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Trump is far from finished BeerGeek. He’s still making things happen. Do your best to ignore the noise of the investigation, it’s a politically biased group of investigators fishing to find something to pin the president on, he angered the establishment greatly and this is their payback. Look at the results, many of his campaign promises are already kept.
Uh, no.

Trump may be far from finished (he is a cat with nine lives in terms of survival instinct), but he will be spending a lot of his energy defending himself from a lot of legal complications. His ability to "get things done" went away with the House control going to the Democrats.

Investigators don't need to do a whole lot of "fishing", it's all out there.

And he's really part of the Establishment - he not only didn't "drain the swamp", he restocked it with his own grifters.

Old 12-19-2018, 10:08 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
Never Trumpers in the GOP have been predicting his demise since day 1, but one could argue they are not very conservative.

Trump hasn't been everything most of us hoped he'd be but unless you like how the establishment was running things, or unless you know of an alternative to him that would be more palatable but serve the same purpose, you gotta dance with the one who brung you.

There won't be a demise by the way. He will be impeached by the dem house but will not be convicted by the GOP senate. This was determined the moment the dems won back the house. Will he win in 2020? It's up to the voters and will depend in large part on who the dems run against him. If the dems do win in 2020 I will be very interested to see who the GOP runs in 2024 or what independents may be willing to run. A lot of independents will end up to be establishment puppets in disguise though.

In the meantime enjoy all the pats on the back the board lefties are giving you, but take a shower afterwards.

Ah, so yet another one time Trump devotee now admits they were wrong and falls back on the excuse that there was no other option...

truth is you guys had a dozen folk who were better than Trump but you guys loved, just loved the idea of "sticking it" to America....

Result?

You guys killed the only party and elevated the Democratic Party to new heights. Trump declared the midterms a vote on him, and then you lost 40 seats and that is despite the gerrymandering, voter suppression and two years of nonstop campaigning by Trump...

Old 12-19-2018, 10:09 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Uh, no.

Trump may be far from finished (he is a cat with nine lives in terms of survival instinct), but he will be spending a lot of his energy defending himself from a lot of legal complications. His ability to "get things done" went away with the House control going to the Democrats.

Investigators don't need to do a whole lot of "fishing", it's all out there.

And he's really part of the Establishment - he not only didn't "drain the swamp", he restocked it with his own grifters.
Correct. A billionaire (or so he claims) real estate developer with political connections going back to his old man, i.e., a "crony capitalist" IS the establishment.

Old 12-19-2018, 10:15 AM

10,531 posts, read 6,165,986 times
Quote:
Trump was the right guy at the right time. He was possibly the only R candidate in '16 that could have beaten Hillary, and he did just that. You can call it Russian collusion if you want, you can say it was an act of God, whatever makes you happy. As a guy who can't stand politicians and wanted to see a businessman running things since Perot back in 1992, I had no choice but to vote for him. And he's gotten some good things done despite relentless media attacks and the "RESIST" movement started the day after he was elected by the sore losers.

But he's done. Trump isn't going to be around in 2020 to run again. There are too many of his staff in trouble or in prison. Too many scandals, too much shady behavior. Trump's Foundation was just shut down for Pete's sake and you can't blame the media for that one. Chris Matthews predicted Trump will resign within a few weeks and that prediction might just happen.

I'm throwing in the towel. Give me Mark Cuban next time around, and I don't care which party he runs under. Only thing is, Cuban is too smart to give up the life he has to be president. So it will probably be back to the usual assortment of Crooked Clintons and Low Energy Jebs the next time around. This country deserves what it gets.

I'm shocked I tell you, shocked.

Are you actually jumping off the Trump train?
Congrats but you're two years too late.

No he wasn't the right guy at the right time. He's ruined this country's reputation and torn it's citizens apart. This has been the most corrupt administration in America's history.

EDIT:

Here's what I find puzzling:

Those of us that watch Rachel Maddow instead of Fox Faux TV, have known that Trump has been using his 'charity' foundation for his own personal use for 2 years. We have also known about the Moscow Trump Tower deal for 2 years. None of it is actually news.

How is it that this is only now being made known to those that support Trump?
Or have they just had their ears conveniently closed over?

Last edited by Cruithne; 12-19-2018 at 10:27 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies