Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2018, 10:44 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,789,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
There is no plan to build a wall across our entire border. Trump only wants the 700 mile long wall funded and built that was already approved by congress back in 2006. Why were you and yours not upset that congress didn't even try to get Mexico to pay for it back then but funded completely by the taxpayer instead? Hypocricy rules with you anti-wall people.

You're right, there are millions of fools within our border that haven't researched how the good walls do work and are cost effective. They are either bleeding heart liberals without a brain in their heads, hire illegals for profit or have ethnic ties to them so they want the flow to continue unabated. Just how foolish is that to sacrifice our border security for their own selfish or ill conceived notions.

Border Patrol is responsible for 6000 miles of Mexican and Canadian international land borders and over 2000 miles of coastal waters surrounding the Florida peninsula. There are 21,000 agents policing these areas. In 2012 B.P. made 364,000 arrests for people tryinying to illegally enter the country. "Considerable success has been achieved in restoring integrity and safety to the Southwest border by implementing our border patrol strategy. Source Official website of the department of Homeland Security Border Patrol Overview.

Why don't we ask Border Patrol what tools would better able to help them to keep the border secure? How about screening every truck that comes into our country? Coyotes smuggle more people in by truck than people crossing on foot. It's way more profitable to haul them in by the hundreds in a semi than walk thousands on miles, yet, many of the trucks make it through because the equipment to screen the trucks is either not there or broken. Read "Human Smuggling Across The Southern Border. CBS News. It talks about how the cartels own the border and how these people are smuggled into the country in semi's.

I don't think anyone disputes the need for secure borders. Not just one border, all of them and an expensive wall that addresses a tiny fraction of those who enter illegally seems a tad simple minded. Spend that money wisely. End the demand, end the flow.

Ever wonder why the wall wasn't built in the last two years with the Republicans control of all three branches? Could it be because it's vastly unpopular among the Republican's as well?
Promises made, um promises broken. I see some of my Trump supporting friends turning away as well.

Old 12-20-2018, 10:52 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,805,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstecher View Post
Where would his base go if they did leave? The only party that engages in dog whistle racism and explicit anti-gay and anti-immigrant rhetoric is the GOP. Trump is not forming the Deplorable Agenda, he is doing what he does best, figure out what the rubes already want to buy and sell it to them.
I agree with this.

Abortion and same-sex marriage are 'no compromise' issues for a lot of people since they aren't just political issues but spiritual ones as well. They will continue to support Trump since Democrats are not an option with their pro-choice, pro-LGBT policy positions.

Old 12-20-2018, 11:00 AM

29,540 posts, read 9,704,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
"Polly wanna cracker"? Squawk, squawk.

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/Pay_for_the_Wall.pdf

And why weren't yoiu upset back in 2006 when congress passed the wall bill that would have had the taxpayer funding it, not Mexico?
You know...

You made a very similar type comment in a thread of mine, along with a few others, and I did my best to respond to you with something more than just the typical blah, blah, blah.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...g-america.html

I was disappointed you never bothered to respond. I had hopes my thread might be a bit more fair and informative than average. Perhaps yours were just another "drive by" sputtering of comments never to look back for fear of exchange that actually amounts to something a bit more adult? Of no interest in something a bit more fair and informative perhaps? Here instead I see we're back to the same comments by the usual characters as if nothing can be explained in this forum that makes a BIT of difference to anyone!

How do we nevertheless find the time and inclination to waste our efforts anyway? I truly don't know, but one thing for sure..., we can't help but admit the extent to which confirmation bias has us all seemingly beyond help...

Last edited by LearnMe; 12-20-2018 at 11:28 AM..

Old 12-20-2018, 11:01 AM

20,099 posts, read 9,003,220 times
8 years of Obama

8 years of war

Old 12-20-2018, 04:33 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,351,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
This is not true. Since you are a youtube scholar show me a clip where he says he wants the wall as it as approved by congress in 06.
Good one! Will have to save that for future reference.

Old 12-20-2018, 07:36 PM

62,880 posts, read 29,110,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstecher View Post
Where would his base go if they did leave? The only party that engages in dog whistle racism and explicit anti-gay and anti-immigrant rhetoric is the GOP. Trump is not creating nor do I believe he actually supports the Deplorables Agenda, he is merely doing what he does best, figure out what the rubes want to buy and sell it to them.

Utter nonsense! Most Trump supporters are not anti-gay even though many may not be pro-traditional marriage for them, most are not racists nor are they anti-"immigrant" either. They oppose ILLEGAL immigration. Why do you lefties lie so much?

Old 12-20-2018, 07:37 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,379,222 times
As long as the President sticks to his guns on the border and illegal immigration, nothing else will really matter. If he fails to fulfill his promise and obligation with regards to that point, he will fail. If, on the other hand, he delivers that, we will stick with him.

Old 12-20-2018, 07:39 PM

62,880 posts, read 29,110,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
As a Democrat, I am pleased with prison reform. Bump stocks is but a drop in the bucket but better than nothing I guess when it comes to common sense gun reform.

Yes, I did note that all this is happening before the Democrats take over. Interesting. Putin is all over RT crowing about the US pulling out of Syria. It's a shame we have to question our president's motives. But since he didn't consult with anyone prior to TWEETING his foreign policy decision -there is that question.

Democrats? You are aware that REPUBLICANS are also thwarting his plans, yes? They are never going to give him 5 billion dollars for his wall . They have had 2 years in which to do it yet it has not happened.

Really? Just tonight the House approved the $5 billion for the wall and Pelosi and Schumer said right on TV a week ago that Trump didn't have the House votes to get it passed. Let's see what happens in the Senate now. Do you want ketchup with your crow? lol!

Old 12-20-2018, 10:09 PM

37,131 posts, read 42,193,480 times
I never even heard of a bump stock until the Vegas tragedy and really don't care about them on way or another.

Old 12-21-2018, 10:29 AM

1,065 posts, read 597,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMTWGA View Post
So he banned bump stocks and its not even on the radar so why go after any part of guns? He pulls out of Syria giving Russia and Iran a win and Isis. He gave up on the wall giving up the 1.5 billion and backing down from just three days ago in front of cameras saying he will shut the gov down. Coulter, Limbaugh and others are saying this is very strange. Leftists we know you hate Trump so when you bla bla bla here no one even reads past the first sentence. I want to hear from fellow Trump voters.
True Republicans do not listen to Coulter, Limbaugh - well, because they're just conservatives embarrassing what being Republican is all about...those two nimrods are the antithesis of Republicanism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies