Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2019, 02:27 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times

Advertisements

How is it that people can be so clueless? Isn't this information on the various deals and votes widely available?

Old 01-01-2019, 02:33 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,650,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
A new low here folks....

The DHS is stocked with pro-trump folks.....or they are just out right lying....

Sad the left is this desperate....
I wouldn't go so far as to say the DHS is stocked with pro-Trump folks, however, all the political appointees in every agency ARE pro-Trump folks. Shortly after many of them were appointed, the missions and information posted on their websites were updated. Most notably was the changing of the EPA website to get rid of any climate change information.

Government websites change with each administration and with what the heads (appointees) of those agencies wish to express. Whether the data on walls working or not has been proven, I don't pretend to know. But I expect political appointee Kristjen Nielsen would ensure that her agency's website promoted Trump talking points.

Old 01-01-2019, 02:33 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
How can they sue if the money is simply not there?

This is like a company going bankrupt but they didn't tell the employees and they came in to work their shift and the doors are locked.

If they don't like working "for Free" but they will get paid once the Dems agree to put aside some money to protect America why don't they just stay home?

Trump wants to protect America from a real threat. Border security is important but the Dems don't care. I bet if the "migrants" that were sneaking in were carrying guns, bibles and were desperate to vote Republican the Dems would change their tune fast and build that wall.
This is Trump's shutdown.

Old 01-01-2019, 02:34 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,590,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
who's denying...

trump said it, at least he was honest, unlike obozo in 13
Who are you referring to?

Old 01-01-2019, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Congress was set to pass the continuing resolution but then the Trumps advisors at Fox News got in touch with him and here we are.

Old 01-01-2019, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
I'm going to remake an old saying here for all of you liberal, illegal immigrant loving, against border control, Trump hating folks:

"Better to be thought a fool than to post on CD and remove all doubt"
As you already know liberals are not against border control but against building the wall like most Americans.

Old 01-01-2019, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
So …

Two years in to Trumps term the US has no Chief of Staff, no Sec Def, no AG, we are giving volatile countries back to ISIS and Russia, there is a real threat of Government shutdown, our election system is under attack, the President is challenging virtually every department of government with his authority, the presidents inner circle is faced with numerous charges and convictions of corruption and prison time.

I am sure it is all just a misunderstanding but WTF is going on?

Oh … and I forgot the stock market is down 7% …… the worst week in 10 years.

You would almost think there is an intentional attempt to destroy the US from the inside out.
You summed that up nicely!

Old 01-01-2019, 02:42 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I wouldn't go so far as to say the DHS is stocked with pro-Trump folks, however, all the political appointees in every agency ARE pro-Trump folks. Shortly after many of them were appointed, the missions and information posted on their websites were updated. Most notably was the changing of the EPA website to get rid of any climate change information.

Government websites change with each administration and with what the heads (appointees) of those agencies wish to express. Whether the data on walls working or not has been proven, I don't pretend to know. But I expect political appointee Kristjen Nielsen would ensure that her agency's website promoted Trump talking points.

It has been proven...

Quote:
The Bottom Line: Walls Work. When it comes to stopping drugs and illegal aliens from crossing our borders, border walls have proven to be extremely effective. Border security relies on a combination of border infrastructure, technology, personnel and partnerships with law enforcement at the state, local, tribal, and federal level. For example, when we installed a border wall in the Yuma Sector, we have seen border apprehensions decrease by 90 percent. In San Diego, we saw on Sunday that dilapidated, decades-old barriers are not sufficient for today’s threat and need to be removed so new – up to 30 foot wall sections can be completed.

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2018/12/12/walls-work

Old 01-01-2019, 02:51 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,650,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

Yes, but that's from the DHS site and it's their information. Hardly impartial if it's put out by the appointee of the agency. There was another report done, touted by the Senate democrats that say it doesn't work, and it suits their agenda.

Everyone has an agenda, honestly, I'm not sure I can wholly by into either one of them, and certainly not what Neilsen is citing.

My own opinion is that a monstrous wall will probably be fairly effective. I just happen to think there are probably more efficient, economical means to achieve the same outcome.

Last edited by ChristineVA; 01-01-2019 at 03:00 PM..

Old 01-01-2019, 02:59 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
We have bridges falling down, roads that desperately need fixing, water systems that are poisoning people, ... and the infrastructure project that Trump and his minions want funded is a worthless wall that cedes the Rio Grande and thousands of acres of the U.S. to Mexico.

This is nuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies