U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2018, 09:03 AM

14,251 posts, read 4,375,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joee5 View Post
700 X's 50 states in America at the minimum.
Sickening. Yet the faithful continue to fill up them collection baskets and envelops each week.
That's what the anti Catholic's want you believe . Sickening is poster's who know nothing of what they speak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2018, 09:10 AM

7,260 posts, read 1,769,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
People were in place to prevent, stop, and help but they failed to do their part. In Church there is a confessional prayer that includes the line " Forgive me for the wrong I have done and
the good I have left undone ". We all have our roles to play, its our free will to do it. Death, suffering,aging, disease, war do not disprove that God exists. Watching people acting in faith despite human hardships prooves his existence.
Its true that people were in place to stop this, but the other poster stated that God himself did nothing, which is true. There are plenty of stories in the bible when God acts on HIS OWN, to stop something man has done, which upsets him (he didnt rely or expect other people to do this work for him).

When its important to God, he steps in and intervenes in supernatural fashion.

Tower of Babel, Sodom and Gomorrah, etc,

NONE of these examples did God expect 'other people' to step up and do something, instead HE took notice and made sure it was stopped and usually did things to ensure the people didnt or couldnt start doing the same thing again (like confusing the languages in Tower of Babel).

Ultimately, God CAN do anything he likes, if he wanted, he could put an invisible force field around every single child, so these priests could not even physically touch them in the first place!

Old 12-23-2018, 09:26 AM

3,328 posts, read 1,173,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Its true that people were in place to stop this, but the other poster stated that God himself did nothing, which is true. There are plenty of stories in the bible when God acts on HIS OWN, to stop something man has done, which upsets him (he didnt rely or expect other people to do this work for him).

When its important to God, he steps in and intervenes in supernatural fashion.

Tower of Babel, Sodom and Gomorrah, etc,

NONE of these examples did God expect 'other people' to step up and do something, instead HE took notice and made sure it was stopped and usually did things to ensure the people didnt or couldnt start doing the same thing again (like confusing the languages in Tower of Babel).

Ultimately, God CAN do anything he likes, if he wanted, he could put an invisible force field around every single child, so these priests could not even physically touch them in the first place!
Christian theology would answer that the last act that God the Father did was allow his son Jesus to be crucified for all humanities sins. Then upon Christ's resurection he restored our lives. Now Christ remains in the world and all of his believers are his body on Earth to impart his will. Death, sin, war, abuse, violence will be with us to the end. The victory is assured over it all, is our faith. Your argument is a provocative one. I will reflect on it further over the year. However, my life began in abuse myself. I was born a baby on heroine and survived violence in the inner City. My faith and adoptive family have fought me the redemptive value of faith.

Old 12-23-2018, 11:16 AM

16,883 posts, read 6,392,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joee5 View Post
700 X's 50 states in America at the minimum.
Sickening. Yet the faithful continue to fill up them collection baskets and envelops each week.
I am not sure 700 (Pa is one of most populated), but I have no doubt its at least 5 figures of perps. 6 figures of victims.

I say that as a grade school, high school, and university graduate of RCC institutions.

Old 12-23-2018, 08:17 PM

16,883 posts, read 6,392,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I'm not defending the church but when a similar report came about PA dioceses the bulk of the abuse and priests listed went back decades, some of them to the 30's and 40's. Most of the priests listed were dead. In Pittsburgh for example I think the bishop mentioned none of the cases occurred in the last 25 to 30 years..
I doubt we will hear of cases that have occurred the last 10 or 20 years until decades from now, as sadly the kids feel ashamed, and in many cases, commit suicide. But Richard Sipes, an ex priest, therapist, who studied it intensely stated in recent years nothing within the RCC has changed. Until it does, the perverts will continue to exist there. The Pope swept it under the rug saying "They should turn themselves in", as the thing he should say is "If a bishop shields even one, I will make sure he is ex-communicated, and I will forward evidence of both pedophiles and bishops to local District Attorneys".

Old 12-23-2018, 08:23 PM

3,641 posts, read 1,016,464 times
These priests and the hierarchy of the Catholic Church are no different from the Democrat Party. Both are 'big' entities believing in people at the top making the decisions for everyone else.

Old 12-23-2018, 08:26 PM

4,011 posts, read 3,150,802 times
If God intended man to be celebate, there would be no such thing as child molestation.
Especially not among his most devout followers - the holy men of the church.

Either that, or there is no such thing as God.

Old 12-23-2018, 08:39 PM

18,753 posts, read 13,941,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
These priests and the Iierarchy of the Catholic Church are no different from the Democrat Party. Both are 'big' entities believing in people at the top making the decisions for everyone else.
And like the leaders of the Democrat party the Pope claims to be a Liberal

Old 12-23-2018, 08:47 PM

3,641 posts, read 1,016,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
And like the leaders of the Democrat party the Pope claims to be a Liberal
A bunch of liberals sitting around with their big entities, contemplating how to control other people.

Old Yesterday, 05:56 AM

3,328 posts, read 1,173,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
A bunch of liberals sitting around with their big entities, contemplating how to control other people.
Most Bishops are conservatives. Ultra conservatives. So I dunno what to tell you...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or