Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2018, 11:07 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldJTrump View Post
1% of Muslims is still 10 million terrorists.
No. Grab a calculator and try again.

Old 12-21-2018, 11:12 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,785,098 times
How sad this all is.

Undoubtedly these two very young women held the Islamic world in a positive light.

I wonder if the two girls begged for God at some point before they lost consciousness?

No doubt it wan't fast. That's the really horrible part you know? It was slow, pre-meditated, calculating, unbelievably cruel and sadistic, ritualistic and even satanic.

Adventure "tourism" to such places is really not worth all the neat videos and stories gained to recount to friends back home in the cocktail party circuit or back on campus.

Should have heeded Mamma's words and just stayed home.

Que (again and again ad nauseam) the "Stockholm" syndrome.

Old 12-21-2018, 11:16 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He has not done so, but I can tell you in advance it would better for him to refrain from commenting too much about a raise in terror incidents. He quit the fight, so an escalation in terror attacks is the obvious result of his actions.
such amazing illogic.

you better invent a time machine in your story somewhere because trump announced withdrawing from syria on dec. 20. yet these girls were found dead 3 days prior

Old 12-21-2018, 11:18 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,439,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Cells View Post
How sad this all is.

Undoubtedly these two very young women held the Islamic world in a positive light.

I wonder if the two girls begged for God at some point before they lost consciousness?

No doubt it wan't fast. That's the really horrible part you know? It was slow, pre-meditated, calculating, unbelievably cruel and sadistic, ritualistic and even satanic.

Adventure "tourism" to such places is really not worth all the neat videos and stories gained to recount to friends back home in the cocktail party circuit or back on campus.

Should have heeded Mamma's words and just stayed home.

Que (again and again ad nauseam) the "Stockholm" syndrome.
I know a woman I grew up with who is very idealistic and goes to these Islamic countries and travels around by herself. She swears it's safe as anywhere else. And yes, she LOVES to brag about it on all her social media at parties, everywhere. I'm just waiting for the day she's never heard from again. Sad but true.

Old 12-21-2018, 11:27 AM

17,002 posts, read 12,583,387 times
On the off chance someone is contemplating going to these countries.

Stop going to countries full of half literate crazies who only read one book and hate everything about your existence. This is not complicated. See also Tunisia massacre and the two bikers in Tajikistan.

Old 12-21-2018, 11:32 AM

19,603 posts, read 12,203,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
I know a woman I grew up with who is very idealistic and goes to these Islamic countries and travels around by herself. She swears it's safe as anywhere else. And yes, she LOVES to brag about it on all her social media at parties, everywhere. I'm just waiting for the day she's never heard from again. Sad but true.
That is something that is such a generational disconnect it is crazy. No one I knew would have even thought of travelling to dangerous places, much less women, much less alone. It wouldn't be seen as a fun thing to do with your time off. They are learning some really crazy stuff now. Why don't they go on a nice ski trip or something.

Old 12-21-2018, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
That is something that is such a generational disconnect it is crazy. No one I knew would have even thought of travelling to dangerous places, much less women, much less alone. It wouldn't be seen as a fun thing to do with your time off. They are learning some really crazy stuff now. Why don't they go on a nice ski trip or something.
It really is some sort of disconnect. I hope something bad doesn't happen but I cringe every time I see her announce a new travel destination and starts posting pictures of her meeting strangers on the street to be her "tour guide". The caption would be something like, "I just met the nicest person named XXX who is going to show me around!" stuff like that. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it's interesting but not worth the risk IMO.

Old 12-21-2018, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Cells View Post
How sad this all is.

They were beheaded and the killers took videos of it, and circulated them in the internet, including the Facebook page of the mother of one of the victims.

https://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...5da743c025ab27

Old 12-21-2018, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Apparently this happened in an area which is very popular among European hikers. Since nothing like this ever happened before, they did not have any reason to think it would happen to them. Tens of thousands of people are murdered in Mexico every year, and yet millions of Americans go there annually,

Old 12-21-2018, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They were beheaded and the killers took videos of it, and circulated them in the internet, including the Facebook page of the mother of one of the victims.

https://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...5da743c025ab27
I was just going to post this. The videos are out there. I suggest nobody watches them. It will haunt you for life. I made the mistake of watching the Daniel Pearl video years ago and it still bothers me. These things are way too gruesome for any normal person IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies