Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2018, 04:53 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Build the wall gofundme page. It is the most successful GoFundMe campaigns of the year

The pro-wall campaign, called "We the People Will Fund the Wall," was launched by Air Force veteran Brian Kolfage, who lost three limbs in Iraq. At the time of publication, it had raised more than $7 million in three days. The total appeared likely to rise quickly.

"As a veteran who has given so much, 3 limbs, I feel deeply invested to this nation to ensure future generations have everything we have today," Kolfage wrote on the GoFundMe page.
That's like implying the success of the Kardashians is based on some kind of rational, intelligent thought process. In a country where Kanye West's rants are considered news worthy -- bragging about the success of a GoFundMe page is laughable.

But go ahead and put up there with one of Trump's great accomplishments.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-11-2019 at 02:40 PM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 12-21-2018, 05:36 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,651,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
At $10 million they've raised enough for 1 mile of wall.

It's not a success until it's applied to it's stated purpose.
This miracle mile stretches from coast to coast to their minds. Republican math strikes again.

Old 12-21-2018, 05:36 AM

16,761 posts, read 8,207,350 times
Good let those lemmings, who wish to follow Trump off the cliff, go forward.

They could always get MEXICO to pay for the wall.

Old 12-21-2018, 06:00 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Not against it I think having more border agents is the key it means jobs for Americans, sure some will always get in even with a wall. But having more border agents there would help in would put money in the pockets of Americans who need to work. The wall is a waste of money.
The border cannot be managed entirely by agents. It’s not possible unless we start building new cities along rural areas of the border where we can house CBP staff. This is because many areas of the border are too remote to access and patrol over the course of a regular shift. The terrain here is extremely wild and remote, and areas of the border can take a lot of time to get to. This is where sections of wall come into play. It may *seem* ridiculous to build a five-mile section of wall out in the middle of nowhere, but its purpose is to funnel migrant foot traffic to the left or to the right - toward areas with roads that are much more accessible by CBP.

As a Texan, my opinion is that these walls are not a waste of money. They work WITH agents to create better overall security.

Old 12-21-2018, 06:17 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,218,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Wouldn’t be surprised if it somehow ends up in Trumps pocket. The good news that at $10 million a mile it will take a VERY long time, by then it will be forgotten.
$10 million a mile?!!! I guess Trump's chumps better dig deeper in their own pockets, if they want that wall.

Old 12-21-2018, 06:40 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
I remember when Clinton was the president. A kid was doing bake sales to help lower our debt. Huge respect for that kid... This Vet is actually trying to do something rather than just talking about it. Respect.

Old 12-21-2018, 08:47 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,161,497 times
WARNING -- Possible SCAM

The Wall fund is not a 501c3, isn't tax deductible, and is NOT a certified non-profit. He could skim some or even all of the money for himself and call it "salary and administration."

SUSPICIOUS.

Old 12-21-2018, 08:51 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I don’t know one Trump supporter (that voted for Trump) who truly believed México was going to “directly” pay a wall, Lol 😂.
Well that's most unfortunate as the American people don't want to pay for it either. I hope the GoFundMe works but I have my doubts . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
The good news...?
Why are you against border security?
That seems a bit odd. Care to explain?
Why are Trumps followers seemingly unable to distinguish border security from border wall? Same goal; different ways to achieve it.

That seems a bit odd.

Old 12-21-2018, 08:52 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
WARNING -- Possible SCAM

The Wall fund is not a 501c3, isn't tax deductible, and is NOT a certified non-profit. He could skim some or even all of the money for himself and call it "salary and administration."

SUSPICIOUS.
I'm pretty sure this guy has been in the news before . . .

Old 12-21-2018, 08:56 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,222,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
WARNING -- Possible SCAM

SUSPICIOUS.

Quote:
No warning needed, one only has to know what identifies "fools" and fools think themselves wise in their folly and foolishness, therefore ... the principle is fully at work... to ensure; "a fool and his money are soon parted"..
We need not worry for nor of them, they get what fool's seek and pursue.... which is to insure they are known by every means they can find to denoted themselves as being "fools"....
They know well how to validate themselves as being "fools".... because "a fool" does all they can to remain being "a fool".... That's why they are considered and called "Fools"....

Maybe signs should be made to say .... "please don't feed the fools"... they will eat upon themselves...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies