Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2018, 06:26 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Trump didn't have the votes at that time and she was right and she knew it.
Yesterday he got the votes...and still doesn't have the Senate votes so I guess it was a waste of time? I don't think so...I think the House should have voted last week if they had the votes because now there is little time to use that leverage to get any Senate Democrats to shift their votes and to convince ALL Senate Republicans to vote yes.
It doesn't matter.
The democrats blind loyalty to their leader in the senate routinely block vote.
Party over country is their MO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2018, 06:26 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
If you go to 1:32 of this video. She clearly says theres not enough votes in the house for a wall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaIX_SI7sgw
And clearly there wasn't that day or they would have voted for it.

Why do you think they waited until Thursday to vote on this?

What's the logic there?

Why did they wait a week from when she said this?

She did not say Trump would NEVER have the votes in the House

Old 12-21-2018, 06:27 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
Quote:
First of all -- not a Democrat -- anti-Trump does not make a person a Democrat.

Second, I don't have to cite sources to a comment where there is no proof or sources cited.
In bold. It does get tiresome defending ones position simply because it is assumed either with us or against us.

Old 12-21-2018, 06:28 AM

30,633 posts, read 18,214,590 times
Quote:
First of all -- not a Democrat -- anti-Trump does not make a person a Democrat.

Second, I don't have to cite sources to a comment where there is no proof or sources cited.
Just like I figured. More hot air from you

I don't need to cite proof as I argue there is none to cite. You, on the other hand, made a claim to have read such articles (from the left wing, mainstream media) that did call her out. The burden of proof is on you.

Old 12-21-2018, 06:30 AM

Not a fan of Pelosi -- but on that day she called Trump out for not having the votes (which he didn't -- even House Republicans said they did not have the votes at that time) was the right move.

They got the votes...good on House Republicans because now they dumped it on the Senate -- that has clearly shown, without any question, they will not vote in support of this bill. (Including some Republicans).......

To me -- it seems House Republicans decided to vote for a bill they knew would never pass the Senate. They didn't vote for a bill they hoped would or thought might pass the Senate.

Subtle but big difference in so many ways.

Old 12-21-2018, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
If you go to 1:32 of this video. She clearly says theres not enough votes in the house for a wall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaIX_SI7sgw
I posted the transcript of this exchange. But I challenged moneill to provide proof of left wing, main stream media outlets calling Pelosi out for this after the fact (now that the House has voted to fund the wall).

Old 12-21-2018, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Just like I figured. More hot air from you

I don't need to cite proof as I argue there is none to cite. You, on the other hand, made a claim to have read such articles (from the left wing, mainstream media) that did call her out. The burden of proof is on you.
Saying the media isn't reporting something without providing proof of your claims is hot air too.

I have spent hours citing sources to prove claims wrong and it doesn't matter.

Folks make stuff up -- I have read more than one article from mainstream media that clearly points out Pelosi's claim to Trump in that meeting.

No -- none of those sources editorialize about the claim and how wrong she is because I wasn't reading editorials...just the stories about the sequence of events.

Old 12-21-2018, 06:32 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
Pelosi's greatest moment was finding a pair of depends that doesn't leak. That or her latest botox treatment.

Old 12-21-2018, 06:33 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,224,761 times
He did not have the votes at that time or they would have voted then. When the vote was meaningless after the Senate passed only a CR, people who otherwise would have made the hard choice did not have to and passed what was nothing but a political vote.

Old 12-21-2018, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Saying the media isn't reporting something without providing proof of your claims is hot air too.

I have spent hours citing sources to prove claims wrong and it doesn't matter.

Folks make stuff up -- I have read more than one article from mainstream media that clearly points out Pelosi's claim to Trump in that meeting.

No -- none of those sources editorialize about the claim and how wrong she is because I wasn't reading editorials...just the stories about the sequence of events.
Nope. And, again, I don't know why you expect a source from me when my claim is that there are no such sources

I'd say that I'm still waiting for you to provide a source that shows main stream, left wing media are calling Pelosi out for this, but I'd be lying as I know you aren't going to do so, which makes me believe you never came across such.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies