Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2018, 02:58 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,392,840 times

Advertisements

That is until they have a majority anyway. Yes I know not all Democrats even liberal ones support gun control but....

California Democrats with their super majority are going all out on new laws and restrictions including a excise tax on handguns and semi auto rifles with proceeds going to gun control groups.

That is akin to if Republicans taxed abortion to give proceeds to anti abortion groups.

Also quote: beginning in 2019, state ammunition dealers will be required to maintain logs of all sales – including those of bullets

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cal...-supermajority
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2018, 03:11 PM

1,874 posts, read 818,101 times
many of them would if they could

Old 12-21-2018, 03:20 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,368,395 times
Yes I know not all Democrats even liberal ones support gun control but....

...but they still vote for it anytime they get a chance to, the few red state democrats just lie about it when campaigning.

Old 12-21-2018, 03:33 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,421,908 times
I don't understand the reasoning behind NOT waiting seasonable gun or anything control. Seeing the way innocent children and churchgoers are targets for these out of control murderers with access to arsenals of weapons is horrible. It is happening at an alarming pace. I guess some people can't sympathize unless it happens close to home.

I still think about those sweet babies that were murdered in Newtown. My daughter is the same age they are. I can't imagine the pain their parents feel every day missing their angels. Imagining what their personality and looks would be like 6 years later if they were still here. The weddings and college graduations they didn't get to see.

I can imagine the angry and resent they feel to fellow American GOP members that refuse to reduce the number of violent mass shootings, murder, and women dying because of domestic violence at a record number in connection with guns. I'm not saying it's a one size fit all solution nor will it completely stop all acts of violence used with guns. We know that. Just like we need immigration, healthcare,education and criminal reform. The recent criminal reform is one step in the right direction.

Old 12-21-2018, 03:37 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,768,093 times
muh guns!

Old 12-21-2018, 03:39 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Who wouldn't want reasonable gun laws?

I realize that people are trained by whoever they get their news from to fear losing the 2nd amendment or something, but that one isn't likely to go away.

So, why not want nutjobs not to have guns?

I mean, if you're not a nutjob yourself, do you fear that others might think you are? If so, you may want to do some soul searching an re-evaluate your public image.

Old 12-21-2018, 03:45 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,165,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
I don't understand the reasoning behind NOT waiting seasonable gun or anything control. Seeing the way innocent children and churchgoers are targets for these out of control murderers with access to arsenals of weapons is horrible. It is happening at an alarming pace. I guess some people can't sympathize unless it happens close to home.

I still think about those sweet babies that were murdered in Newtown. My daughter is the same age they are. I can't imagine the pain their parents feel every day missing their angels. Imagining what their personality and looks would be like 6 years later if they were still here. The weddings and college graduations they didn't get to see.

I can imagine the angry and resent they feel to fellow American GOP members that refuse to reduce the number of violent mass shootings, murder, and women dying because of domestic violence at a record number in connection with guns. I'm not saying it's a one size fit all solution nor will it completely stop all acts of violence used with guns. We know that. Just like we need immigration, healthcare,education and criminal reform. The recent criminal reform is one step in the right direction.
Guns always get people worked up.......the fact is guns are NOT the problem.....the crazies shooting the guns are. Guns are used for defense and SAVING LIVES all year long. Point of fact in the mass shooter events in almost every case the perps had been turned in multiple times and in other cases the cops had INTERVIEWED the shooters before they went on the rampage. If strict gun control laws worked some of us would be for it, but the fact is you can look at Chicago and see it doesn't work at all........the worst homicide rate in the country. You can also look across the pond where guns are rare.....so where do the crazies go.......box trucks, knives, machete's, and acid attacks. It's not the utensils but the crazy running them....

Old 12-21-2018, 03:49 PM

" reasonable"...."sensible"

If punishing legal gun owners by taxes and such is reasonable, and sensible well.....

Still won't prevent violence.

Make no mistake what they are doing is punishment under the guise of safety. Having to log ever single box of ammo or even a single bullet lol, is going to create such backlog that it will be so troublesome to get a box of ammo that hunters and target shooters will be left waiting...and waiting to get one.

Of course homie the gang member will still get ammo somehow without any logging or background check.

Old 12-21-2018, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post

I realize that people are trained by whoever they get their news from to fear losing the 2nd amendment or something, but that one isn't likely to go away.

I mean, if you're not a nutjob yourself, do you fear that others might think you are? If so, you may want to do some soul searching an re-evaluate your public image.
Your post makes little sense. First you put out the assumption that others do their thinking for me, which they do not but actually those that blindly agree with gun control laws who have no knowledge of guns themselves are the ones allowing others to spoon feed their position to them.

Secondly nobody including pro gun ownership people want nutjobs or murderers to have guns, and feel saddened as well when someone is murdered by one, or actually murdered in general because a gun doesn't make murder less awful than if done by some other means. I think that we would agree that those women murdered in Morocco met a dreadful fate with a blade.

Your last paragraph basically is insinuating the notion " if you aren't doing anything illegal you have nothing to worry about", if so there should be no problem with random searches done by police on say minorities right? But we all know that is wrong.

Old 12-21-2018, 04:09 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,213,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
That is until they have a majority anyway. Yes I know not all Democrats even liberal ones support gun control but....

California Democrats with their super majority are going all out on new laws and restrictions including a excise tax on handguns and semi auto rifles with proceeds going to gun control groups.

That is akin to if Republicans taxed abortion to give proceeds to anti abortion groups.

Also quote: beginning in 2019, state ammunition dealers will be required to maintain logs of all sales – including those of bullets

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cal...-supermajority

That has got to be a conflict of interest, taxing one part of the population and then giving the proceeds to the part of the population that is against the object in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post

Drinking is Legal, and so is owning firearms. We don't punish people for drinking, we punish the people for the misuse of drinking, as in drinking and driving. With harsh fines and jail time.

So instead of punishing and burdening a person who has not broken the law, why not punish the person who is breaking the law, and for the misuse of a gun in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
" reasonable"...."sensible"

If punishing legal gun owners by taxes and such is reasonable, and sensible well.....

Still won't prevent violence.

Make no mistake what they are doing is punishment under the guise of safety. Having to log ever single box of ammo or even a single bullet lol, is going to create such backlog that it will be so troublesome to get a box of ammo that hunters and target shooters will be left waiting...and waiting to get one.

Of course homie the gang member will still get ammo somehow without any logging or background check.
Exactly, I have seen in the news here in the Richmond area over the last year or, at least two robberies of gun stores. They smashed through the front door, came and smashed through the cases and stole dozens of firearms from each store.

Surveillance caught them on the camera, but there was no way of identifying the people involved. If a person is going to smash their way in to a gun store to steel a gun, how much harder is it going to be to steel ammo as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies