Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2018, 09:06 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,645,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Many if not most Americans are clueless about what is needed to secure our border and they don't even bother to research the facts. Since the Border Patrol and Homeland Security has said the good walls are needed I would say that the Americans who still don't support it are pretty stupid or they have an agenda to keep the flow of illegals pouring across our border. The latter are anti-American traitors. How much more proof do these idiots need that a good physical barrier in the most needed places makes sense?

Why are these types of Americans dwelling on who will pay for it? Trump at least tried to get Mexico to fund it but they refused. It doesn't mean they won't end up paying for it anyway. Why does it matter anyway since it's cost effective? Did these same American fools cry when congress passed the wall bill in the first place and the only plan on the table was to have the taxpayer fund it? Since they didn't it's a tell all what their true motives are. Why don't they just own up to it instead of making lame excuses all day long in here?
I’ll answer your questions when you answer mine from months ago...which side of the Rio Grande will your wall be built?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2018, 09:07 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Congress has been in republican control for the last 2 years and they've done nothing.
The wall will not stop illegals from entering the country they will just bypass the wall making it a total waste of money.
What we have today that China did not have in 500 BC are aircraft and motorized boats.

Old 12-22-2018, 09:07 AM

3,318 posts, read 2,338,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
It's tough since it is smack dab in the beginning of the holiday season. They may wait to deal with it after Christmas.
That's nobody's fault but their own. They weren't forced to wait until December to hash things out. I'm tired of everything being put off to the last minute and being made a fake crisis.

Old 12-22-2018, 09:09 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I’ll answer your questions when you answer mine from months ago...which side of the Rio Grande will your wall be built?

it's not a question to ask me. It's a question you should ask our government as I have no idea. Now, how about answering my question?

Old 12-22-2018, 09:10 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,832,045 times
The last two 'government shutdowns' under Obama/2013 and Clinton/1995 did not change anything in Washington. The government always finds a way to take care of its own ... while crying that the 'sky will fall' if the government shuts down. It's like a big Kabuki dance which, sadly, doesn't even save the taxpayers a cent.

Old 12-22-2018, 09:10 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
That's nobody's fault but their own. They weren't forced to wait until December to hash things out. I'm tired of everything being put off to the last minute and being made a fake crisis.
Exactly. When they finally do come up with a solution it will be some half-baked, half-cocked dimwitted compromise that they could have done months ago without all the political showmanship. Disgusting.

Old 12-22-2018, 09:18 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Whenever it ends, it ends badly for Trump. He shut down the government because Congress won't pay for a wall the American people don't want and that he promised them they would not have to pay for. That's a pretty weak position, right there.
Weak, I should say.

Majority of voters did not vote for Trump or his worthless wall.

Those who did vote for him were under the distinct impression that it would be paid for by, wait for it, MEXICO!

Old 12-22-2018, 09:24 AM

856 posts, read 704,783 times
This is yet another government shutdown not over how to cut spending and reduce the national debt, but rather where to waste taxpayer dollars. I believe Congress and the President should cut spending because the national debt is unacceptable and could lead to greater inflation in the future in addition to being a tax on the future.

That said, the blame for this shutdown does belong to President Trump and the House Freedom Caucus. I like the House Freedom Caucus because they believe in lower taxes, less spending, and minimal regulation. I have been extremely disappointed by their support of President Trump on immigration policy. President Trump's obsession with a border wall even as illegal border crossings remain at record lows and there are better ways to enhance border security tells me he is either delusional, pandering to his base, or both. I don't believe he is particularly intelligent.

I think Congress and the President should work to reduce our national debt by cutting spending from the 36% of the federal budget that isn't mandatory and reforming medicare, medicaid, and social security. I also think we should bring our troops home from many overseas places and instead use that money to invest in strengthening our military, supporting our bases here at home, supporting our vets, improving our infrastructure, and reducing the national debt.

Old 12-22-2018, 09:32 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,974,080 times
Now that the Government is partially shut down, including National Parks, I firmly believe there is one National Park that should be shut down immediately. That Park is in washington, D. C.. It is known as President's Park. The fence around it should be locked, the building(s) should be locked, and all the people who work there should be furloughed and kept out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President%27s_Park

Old 12-22-2018, 10:47 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
LOLOLLMAO...And despite the 3 a.m. posting of this earth-shattering news, this won't be any different from the 19 previous shutdowns.

Checks will go out, "non-essential" government workers (and we have them, why?) will get a paid vacation (because they have to get paid) and, as I already said, someone will be dispatched to the National Mall to chase elderly veterans from the WW II Memorial--for effect, and just in time for the evening news!

IOW, same crapulence, different shutdown. (Where were you last year when Schumer led the Dem shutdown because Trump wouldn't cave in to their demand for Dreamer amnesty? Exactly.) For all of the croakings of the Chicken Littles of Capitol Hill, you won't even notice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies