Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2018, 08:44 AM

37,176 posts, read 19,189,687 times

Advertisements

I'm just thankful she didn't have a bone spur.

Old 12-22-2018, 08:44 AM

2,089 posts, read 1,417,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Trump works from his bed nearly every day. He sits in his bed and talks on the phone, tweets and watches TV until 11AM each day.

Trump doesn't vote on anything. Not the same thing.

Old 12-22-2018, 08:51 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagrape Grove View Post
You're right, it's not the same thing. Trump is the President of the United States. He has vastly greater responsibilities than a SC justice. He should be held to an even higher standard. Yet he spends every morning watching Fox and tweeting. Do you seriously think this is how the man holding the most powerful position on the planet should be doing his job?

Old 12-22-2018, 08:54 AM

“I will do this job as long as I can do it full steam,”

I have to wonder just how clearly she grasps the issues and arguments put in front of her during all the hearings on any issue. When interviewed she pauses when asked a question like she has to collect her thoughts and sometimes they are quite long pauses. Does she doze off during arguments presented before the Court? Does her mind ever wander away from the subject? Can she truly concentrate on what someone just said? Clearly her mind isn't as quick and sharp as it once was. Does this affect her ability to understand all the nuances and know exactly what is being said?

I seriously doubt if she can even walk without assistance, even for short distances. Yet, the public is given to believe that she is fully functional in all her abilities, especially to comprehend what goes on.

Members of Congress must be present in order to vote on an issue and that is so stated in the Constitution. Sadly, such rules are not in effect for SC justices.

Old 12-22-2018, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
You're right, it's not the same thing. Trump is the President of the United States. He has vastly greater responsibilities than a SC justice. He should be held to an even higher standard. Yet he spends every morning watching Fox and tweeting. Do you seriously think this is how the man holding the most powerful position on the planet should be doing his job?

I didn't say that. I said he doesn't vote on anything. He is on the job 24/7. Do you think he should be in the Oval Office at his desk 24/7?

Old 12-22-2018, 09:00 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,481,067 times
Quote:

Trump has made many executive decisions via Twitter - likely from his bed. He fires people via Twitter, he makes decisions and announces them via Twitter - likely from his bed. He probably decided to go forward with the shutdown the other night while watching Fox News from his bed. He might have decided to remove troops from Syria while in bed at 10AM watching TV. He doesn't need to vote in these cases because he's the executive and has the power to decide without the requirement of a vote.

Old 12-22-2018, 09:01 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,656,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Trump works from his bed nearly every day. He sits in his bed and talks on the phone, tweets and watches TV until 11AM each day.
Don't forget the toilet, also.

Old 12-22-2018, 09:03 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,481,067 times
Quote:
Do you think he should be in the Oval Office at his desk 24/7?

Do you think he should be in the WH residence bed until 11AM each weekday?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8147366.html

President has first meeting at 11am after spending morning in residence watching TV and tweeting

Old 12-22-2018, 09:14 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
I didn't say that. I said he doesn't vote on anything. He is on the job 24/7. Do you think he should be in the Oval Office at his desk 24/7?
I think the job is important enough to at least give it more than the part-time effort Trump gives it. It's like he had no clue what being president meant. Because he didn't. He was, and remains, clueless about what it takes to lead and govern. But it's all good, because so are his followers.

Old 12-22-2018, 09:20 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,986,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I think the job is important enough to at least give it more than the part-time effort Trump gives it. It's like he had no clue what being president meant. Because he didn't. He was, and remains, clueless about what it takes to lead and govern. But it's all good, because so are his followers.
Lets reinstate that fact that we the people put Trump in the white house to show them that the American people are finished getting pushed aside. for the past 40 years. Its always been about other countries. Helping others. Taking people in. All while our country falls apart. The GOP and democrats are both compliciant in selling our country out. They never pass whats good for the America people. Its always what big donors want.

I mean, take a look at the main stream media. They are upset we are getting the hell out of Syria... Who the hell would be mad about that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies