Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2018, 09:18 AM

24,484 posts, read 17,220,223 times

Advertisements

I can't stand Ann Coulter. I listen to a Conservative/entertainment show and the host, Howie Carr, had her on the other day and she was trashing Trump for getting soft on the wall. She was so angry that it sounded like she was ready to vote for a Democrat. Coulter is a loud mouth that isn't very good at making a subtle argument but I'm sure she has her fans that are easily swayed towards her outrages.

At times it sounds like Coulter would rather have Hillary as President.

The thing is that people like Limbaugh, Hannity, Ingraham and others do have their fingers on the pulse of the American Right so why wouldn't Trump listen to them? Trump ran on border security which despite what the Dems tell us is important to our nation. We have immigration laws for a reason and people that try to skirt these laws are criminals.

The only tyranny is coming from the Lefty media that does nothing but attack Trump on a daily basis so of course he is going to turn to a media that is more favorable to him. It is human nature.

There are millions of Trump voters that believe a secure border is important to the security of America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2018, 09:20 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Talking Limbaugh, Coulter, Ingraham 3 of the stupidest people in America, are now dictating our domestic policy

Hey, wait a minute.

Those three are obviously smarter than they guy they're leading around by the nose.

Since it's the holiday season...

...I won't mention any names.

Old 12-23-2018, 09:23 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
As I said before, I know many who voted for Trump and they believed the whole wall thing to be campaign rhetoric.

It's not why they voted for him.

Old 12-23-2018, 09:30 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
But hasn't it been clear from day one of Trump's Presidency that he relies on Fox News and political pundits for his policy, political banter, etc.
What is clear is that media depends on Trump being the voice of the forgotten people. Its Trump that media is consumed with 24/7. Media that hates Trump 24/7 reports everything negative. Liberal media like Fox News simply offers more than the standard negative reports.
Fox Nation is the counter voice to liberal media. So there is something for everyone and having a choice is a very America idea. Something much of liberal media would like to do away with. That's why they most often present only one side to any argument or issue.They prefer one party rule for the fool and the fools buy into it.

Last edited by phma; 12-23-2018 at 09:39 AM..

Old 12-23-2018, 12:53 PM

1,991 posts, read 900,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Nothing is as stupid as demanding open borders and exceedingly generous welfare programs that illegals can tap into, all while the nation's debt is spiraling out of control. I can think of nothing in American politics today that is as thoroughly stupid as the far left's platform. If stupid is the weapon of choice in American politics, than leftists have us beat for sure.
Rush told you that, didn’t he?

Thanks for proving the point of the whole thread.

Old 12-23-2018, 01:47 PM

957 posts, read 757,999 times
Don't know anything about Laura Ingrown, as I don't watch faux nor read the tabloids. As for man hands coulter, she's an idiot.

I remember Lush Windbag from way back when he was local. Always viewed him as nothing more than an entertainer of whom only an idiot would take serious. Nothing has changed much. I wonder though if he actually believes his own rhetoric?

Old 12-23-2018, 01:59 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times
People who believe anyone except Trump control policy are the stupid ones. But I know where they get their 'news' from so I forgive them.

Old 12-23-2018, 02:01 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Trump listens to those fools instead of the American public - that's what our stupid president does. Hope the laid off government workers appreciate him for who he is.

‘This is tyranny of talk radio hosts, right?

So what caused Trump to flip back? Some have suggested that he bowed to backlash from high-profile conservative pundits — notably Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh — who lambasted the president for appearing to concede on the wall funding.

On his radio show Wednesday, Limbaugh said the president was “getting ready to cave” on getting money for the wall in the budget.

“It’s a textbook example of what the drive-by media calls compromise,” Limbaugh said. “Trump gets nothing, and the Democrats get everything, including control of the House."

Coulter, during a podcast on the Daily Caller, said Trump’s White House would become “a joke presidency who scammed the American people” if he didn’t build the wall, adding that “he’ll have no legacy whatsoever.” She also wrote a scathing column about the president and launched a flurry of criticisms on Twitter.

Fox News’s Laura Ingraham added Wednesday: “Not funding the wall will go down as one of the worst, worst things to happen to this administration. … Forget Mueller. The wall, the wall, the wall — has to be built.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.3bb8d3cfdb4b
And Putin is now in control of the USA's foreign policy.

Old 12-23-2018, 02:02 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Rush Limbaugh.
Quote:
Big Chief Lard Ass and Minister of Propaganda for the Foaming Rabid Right. Apostle of Truth for peckerwood rednecks, inbred crackers, serpent-handling fundamentalists and other Republicans. Adroit manipulator of the ignorant, who worship his pustulant utterance and shaggy nipples. Talk-radio host who has parlayed hateful drivel into a multi-million dollar franchise by exploiting the sense of righteous entitlement, anger and fear felt by his dittohead audience
. and the president is following this idiots idea of how to run the country?

Old 12-23-2018, 02:05 PM

62,934 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
He certainly is a divisive force; it's why he is so popular. AND, he is now dictating to our President how to run the government.

Dictating? How is offering one's opinion/advice, "dictating"? When I'm unsure of what to do I get different opinions/inputs and then make the actual decision by myself. No one forced Trump to stick to his guns he did it all on his own in spite of the silly spin under this topic.

You don't think that Pelosi and Schumer didn't take into account the opinions of their base? But ultimately it was their decision to oppose funding the wall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies