Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2019, 05:07 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Yes, you responded that you were an Anarchist. No?
Yes.

If you want to know how a State would function with no taxes I have no clue. It doesn't function with them IMO so I pay it no mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2019, 05:10 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Yes.

If you want to know how a State would function with no taxes I have no clue. It doesn't function with them IMO so I pay it no mind.
It can do far better but it is functioning.

Old 01-03-2019, 05:12 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,431,235 times
Quote:
1. You have no idea how North Sentinel Island is being governed/not governed. Outside people can't even get in there. Quit trying to claim it.

2. I have nothing against communism if you leave me alone. I doubt that you will based on what I understand of it. And everyone who filters communism through statism (yes, that's not communism...don't argue with me on that) ends up being a genocidal madman.
We do know somethings about The North Sentinel Islands, we know it is one United tribe and as such acts like every other tribe through out history to survive.

The animal kingdom also practices communism to a large extent (within each separate group).

Old 01-03-2019, 05:13 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
We do know somethings about The North Sentinel Islands, we know it is one United tribe and as such acts like every other tribe through out history to survive.

The animal kingdom also practices communism to a large extent (within each separate group).
I don't think anyone can make an honest evaluation on what goes on there.

Old 01-03-2019, 05:22 PM

Quote:
I don't think anyone can make an honest evaluation on what goes on there.
There were some peaceful contacts made by Triloknath Pandit.

Either way we know they are a tribe, and there is a pattern there between other uncontacted tribes we no more about and the Sentinelese.

Old 01-03-2019, 06:02 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,593,334 times
Quote:
You haven't read this thread? We get the reply that "Taxes are theft" and when I ask for an explanation how things would work without them the only reply is "you are a slave".
Libertarians like to trot out Thomas Jefferson, because much of his views are in agreement with theirs, even though Jefferson was not a true libertarian. Jefferson's philosophy supports a free nation controlled collectively by free individuals, not a mass of individuals free to do as they please without regard to everyone else except to respect their inalienable rights.

Jefferson’s view on Taxation
Quote:
Did you know for the first 140 years of the America (1776-1916) there was virtually no direct taxation on American citizens? In 1802 when Thomas Jefferson took office he eliminated all direct taxation on US citizens. Tax free America. This was Jefferson’s vision and I have quotes from him to back it up.

There were times in US history, like war, when it came back temporarily but the federal government was established to protect citizens against the burden of government. There were some excise taxes and duties on foreign imports but government was kept to a minimum and each person was free and responsible for their own life. This was the vision on the founding fathers for establishing the United States of America.
The fed tax is a direct tax (supposedly set up voluntary) on a person's income, before you can pay for your personal needs, the government will get a % of your earnings first ... closest definition to that is slavery. Even if a person is low income, the tax is taken, then determined, then maybe if the situation has not changed from last filing date, do you see that money. A person has to go through the fed government to get their money back.

How does it work with out that? Corporate tax & excise tax the price of doing business. Some ME countries do not have an income tax; their subsidize to their citizens are collected through oil (or other commodity production) and distributed to the people.

There was a video that I watched, before the internet shut some sites off, I saw guys (middle easterners) riding around in a car with guns and in it they said ... 'think we are jealous of you'. you pay income tax, we don't, our government pays us'. I thought point well taken ... except for them being hooligans.

Old 01-03-2019, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Libertarians like to trot out Thomas Jefferson, because much of his views are in agreement with theirs, even though Jefferson was not a true libertarian. Jefferson's philosophy supports a free nation controlled collectively by free individuals, not a mass of individuals free to do as they please without regard to everyone else except to respect their inalienable rights.
That and the whole actual slave thing.

Quote:
Jefferson’s view on Taxation
The fed tax is a direct tax (supposedly set up voluntary) on a person's income, before you can pay for your personal needs, the government will get a % of your earnings first ... closest definition to that is slavery. Even if a person is low income, the tax is taken, then determined, then maybe if the situation has not changed from last filing date, do you see that money. A person has to go through the fed government to get their money back.
Paying for what you use is not slavery. I suppose people can argue that they are not using everything they pay for but in most cases most people are using more than they pay for.

Quote:
How does it work with out that? Corporate tax & excise tax the price of doing business. Some ME countries do not have an income tax; their subsidize to their citizens are collected through oil (or other commodity production) and distributed to the people.

There was a video that I watched, before the internet shut some sites off, I saw guys (middle easterners) riding around in a car with guns and in it they said ... 'think we are jealous of you'. you pay income tax, we don't, our government pays us'. I thought point well taken ... except for them being hooligans.
Income, excise, whatever, you pay it no matter what it's called. Some call for user fee's as opposed to a tax but it's never been explained to me how this is supposed to work in a meaningful and useful way but my point is going to be, by calling it something else, it's really not. It's still a tax.

Old 01-03-2019, 06:29 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,593,334 times
Quote:
That and the whole actual slave thing.

Paying for what you use is not slavery. I suppose people can argue that they are not using everything they pay for but in most cases most people are using more than they pay for.

Income, excise, whatever, you pay it no matter what it's called. Some call for user fee's as opposed to a tax but it's never been explained to me how this is supposed to work in a meaningful and useful way but my point is going to be, by calling it something else, it's really not. It's still a tax.
But it isn't a direct tax on one's income. (labor tax)

The federal government can operate as it has proven to do so in that past, without. Why people can seem to get that idk. Income tax is not the same as excise tax.

Excise taxes are taxes paid when purchases are made on a specific good, such as gasoline.
Income tax is a collection of taxes on ones labor, before a person ever uses anything ... then taxed again when they buy goods.

Old 01-03-2019, 06:33 PM

Quote:
For most people a tax is a tax on labor no matter what you call it. You can't pay it otherwise. Pay a sales tax it still comes out of your labor so I'm not interested in this kind of argument.

Quote:
The federal government can operate as it has proven to do so in that past, without. Why people can seem to get that idk. Income tax is not the same as excise tax.

Excise taxes are taxes paid when purchases are made on a specific good, such as gasoline.
Income tax is a collection of taxes on ones labor, before a person ever uses anything ... then taxed again when they buy goods.
If you want to argue that we are taxed too much, you can make a valid argument there but that hasn't been the argument.

Old 01-03-2019, 06:37 PM

Quote:

Where would property taxes land?

The land you live on should be yours regardless of what bank creditors or state officials claim (though the same laws apply on that land of course).
Water and electric bills are different, those make sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies