Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2018, 05:38 PM

30,254 posts, read 23,725,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
It's not necessarily the bad thoughts, but reading some of these posts, and seeing that some are delusional enough to think that their "enemy" is their fellow american.

To me as a Veteran I see an American hating another American for what they believe in just as bad as something like ISIS. At Least with ISIS we know they are the enemy, but to have some folks direct their hatred, and anger towards other Americans is just as daming. So daming that even the Russians knew we had delusional folsk, and took advantage of ot.
I agree, it is. I've received a LOT of hate from other Americans for being Conservative, for being white, for being female...more times than I can even count. My favorite is when I'm told that I don't know what suffering is like because I'm white. Oh, really? I have no idea what it's like? I've told a few things that I've been through in this life on this very forum, but according to some, apparently I was privileged and never suffered, ever. I just wouldn't understand, I'm told.

A LOT of this hatred towards whites is on social media. For those denying that it's going on, maybe they don't spend much time, or any time at all, on social media, and I understand that some mock Twitter, but if you want to see how people really feel, like, say, Tim Wise, for example, who looks forward to the day in "40 years when there's no more white people", or the multiple white people who tell people how much they hate being white, how ashamed they are for being white, who claim to have this mythical "white privilege", then get on social media. It's not just "nobodies" saying this type of stuff, it's people that are well known.

These people may not be the majority of Americans, but they are definitely very, very loud.

As for blaming white European males for all of the world's ills and horrors, even though I'm not a millennial, even I was taught that garbage in college. They blamed the white man for every. thing, and they are still doing it.

No other race, apparently, ever murdered millions of people or started wars, or sold and bought slaves. According to some, it was just the straight white males.

I was creating a compilation of some of the articles and social media posts from all kinds of people trashing on whites, blaming them for everything, and/or wishing them dead (yes), but then I came back here to see that I didn't even have to venture off of this very thread to find it. (See my post above.)

When some groups try to rewrite history, there's a problem.
When some groups try to tell people that they "owe" them for something done long before that person was born, there's a problem.
When some people assume that just because someone is a majority in their country it means that "it just isn't that hard for them", there's a problem.
When whites are targeted not to have families, (this goes back a couple of decades), there's a problem.
When white countries are told that they have to allow migration because they didn't have enough families, there's a problem.
When someone says "It's Okay To Be White", and the police are called, there's a problem.
When someone is proud of their heritage, their ancestry, and is immediately called a "white supremacist" because of it, there's a problem.

All of these things are happening. They have been happening. The difference between then and now is that those who do not like white people, those who blames whites for everything, those who are white and say that they hate white people and wish they weren't white are extremely loud. They aren't interested in debate, they aren't interested in hearing how things are from another perspective because, "what the hell would a white person know, they have everything, shut the hell up, whitey" they only want to attack white people and push them down because they have been taught that white people are evil, murderers, war mongers, and have caused all the problems.

Funny thing is, in this world, whites are the minority.

Old 12-24-2018, 05:52 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,892,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I agree, it is. I've received a LOT of hate from other Americans for being Conservative, for being white, for being female...more times than I can even count. My favorite is when I'm told that I don't know what suffering is like because I'm white. Oh, really? I have no idea what it's like? I've told a few things that I've been through in this life on this very forum, but according to some, apparently I was privileged and never suffered, ever. I just wouldn't understand, I'm told.

A LOT of this hatred towards whites is on social media. For those denying that it's going on, maybe they don't spend much time, or any time at all, on social media, and I understand that some mock Twitter, but if you want to see how people really feel, like, say, Tim Wise, for example, who looks forward to the day in "40 years when there's no more white people", or the multiple white people who tell people how much they hate being white, how ashamed they are for being white, who claim to have this mythical "white privilege".

These people may not be the majority of Americans, but they are definitely very, very loud.

As for blaming white European males for all of the world's ills and horrors, even though I'm not a millennial, even I was taught that garbage in college. They blamed the white man for every. thing, and they are still doing it.

No other race, apparently, ever murdered millions of people or started wars, or sold and bought slaves. According to some, it was just the straight white males.

I was creating a compilation of some of the articles and social media posts from all kinds of people trashing on whites, blaming them for everything, and/or wishing them dead (yes), but then I came back here to see that I didn't even have to venture off of this very thread to find it. (See my post above.)

When some groups try to tell people that they "owe" them for something done long before that person was born, there's a problem.
When some people assume that just because someone is a majority in their country it means that "it just isn't that hard for them", there's a problem.
When whites are targeted not to have families, (this goes back a couple of decades), there's a problem.
When white countries are told that they have to allow migration because they didn't have enough families, there's a problem.
When someone says "It's Okay To Be White", and the police are called, there's a problem.
When someone is proud of their heritage, their ancestry, and is immediately called a "white supremacist" because of it, there's a problem.

All of these things are happening. They have been happening. The difference between then and now is that those who do not like white people, those who blames whites for everything, those who are white and say that they hate white people and wish they weren't white are extremely loud. They aren't interested in debate, they aren't interested in hearing how things are from another perspective because, "what the hell would a white person know, they have everything, shut the hell up, whitey" they only want to attack white people and push them down because they have been taught that white people are evil, murderers, war mongers, and have caused all the problems.

I understand what you're saying, however you are only really thinking about yourself, and how everything really affects you. If you ask a billionaire about there problems I can guarantee they will come up with tons of them, but does that mean they don't live a privileged life? Everyone is going to have difficulties that's life point blank period.

The problems is this country was built on racism the founding fathers were what? The people who own the media with their "anti-white agenda" are what? the people who control 90% of the wealth in this country are what? The only thing minorities have in this country is a voice, and it seems like that for some is even too much.

I can guarantee when people look at you they do not automatically see a criminal, or automatically think the worst. That my friend is White Privilege.

Again as stated above those who are privileged have the hardest time understand their privilege. Just because you endure problems winch I can guarantee have nothing to do with you being white doesn't mean you aren't privileged. Just looks up the story of Emmett Till to understand what white female privilege looks like.

To be honest though you're going to have to learn to deal with the "harsh" realities of life.

Old 12-24-2018, 05:52 PM

1,943 posts, read 3,337,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

A LOT of this hatred towards whites is on social media. For those denying that it's going on, maybe they don't spend much time, or any time at all, on social media, and I understand that some mock Twitter, but if you want to see how people really feel, like, say, Tim Wise, for example, who looks forward to the day in "40 years when there's no more white people", or the multiple white people who tell people how much they hate being white, how ashamed they are for being white, who claim to have this mythical "white privilege", then get on social media. It's not just "nobodies" saying this type of stuff, it's people that are well known.

I mean I can name only one race who was the cause of mass genonide and extermination of another race while only being a minority. =/

Last edited by theother; 12-24-2018 at 06:02 PM..

Old 12-24-2018, 06:00 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,856,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
The real meaning of my statement:

Those who see bigotry where there is none are victims of no one but themselves.
Except your all encompassing statement is garbage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Your interpretation of my post is a prime example.
You made up the fact that white people who are discriminated against are seeing things. it's a dishonest statement and you have no proof.

Old 12-24-2018, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
If you can't make it in this society, as a white male, you should just give up. Seriously, what more could you possibly need?
Explain this racist, sexist statement. You think ones appearance automatically qualifies someone to the level of making it in society? Why?

Old 12-24-2018, 06:04 PM

30,254 posts, read 23,725,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
I understand what you're saying, however you are only really thinking about yourself, and how everything really affects you. If you ask a billionaire about there problems I can guarantee they will come up with tons of them, but does that mean they don't live a privileged life? Everyone is going to have difficulties that's life point blank period.

The problems is this country was built on racism the founding fathers were what? The people who own the media with their "anti-white agenda" are what? the people who control 90% of the wealth in this country are what? The only thing minorities have in this country is a voice, and it seems like that for some is even too much.

I can guarantee when people look at you they do not automatically see a criminal, or automatically think the worst. That my friend is White Privilege.

Again as stated above those who are privileged have the hardest time understand their privilege. Just because you endure problems winch I can guarantee have nothing to do with you being white doesn't mean you aren't privileged. Just looks up the story of Emmett Till to understand what white female privilege looks like.

To be honest though you're going to have to learn to deal with the "harsh" realities of life.
"difficulties" ≠ "suffering". I know difficulties, and I do know suffering, despite how some out there think that I don't because of the color of my skin and some mythical "privilege".

The founding fathers were white. Who owns the media? Who controls 90% of the wealth in this country? You think those are "white males"? lol

Minorities have far more than just "a voice". They have equal rights, equal opportunity. As I've said a thousand times, at no time did anyone ever guarantee an equal outcome. I have also said that failure is not always the person's fault for "not trying hard enough" like some people think, but for the most part, failure is due to the lack of effort on the part of people, regardless of race or gender. Again, that is not true in all circumstances, but it is true for most. To say that minorities only have a voice is really bigoted. It's like saying they aren't smart enough or skillful enough to make it on their own - all those poor little things have is a voice. What utter horse crap that is.

When people look at me they don't automatically see a criminal? Huh. Care to explain that to the store that three times accused me of being a thief before I even made it past the check stands on my way IN to the store? I had to call the District Manager it was so bad. I hadn't even made it into the store - three different times, several months in between, different managers, different cashiers doing the accusing.

Don't automatically see a criminal? When walking down the sidewalk and asking someone for the time, I was met with someone recoiling in horror, husband pulling his wife very close to him, protectively, as they scurried down the sidewalk in fear....you mean like that?

Don't automatically see a criminal? When I cross the crosswalk and as I'm on the other half of the street, the person in the car locks their doors while staring at me? Or when walking across a parking lot, a person in a car sees me approaching and locks their door while looking at me from the door mirror?

You're right, I wouldn't have a clue...cause I'm white, right?

This is what I'm talking about. People assume what it's like for all white people. That's not reality. For the record, no, I don't dress weird or have crazy hair or face tattoos or anything of the sort, but that hasn't stopped some people from assuming that I'm a criminal when I'm minding my own business.

Don't think you know what life is like for me based on the fact that I'm white, because you're wrong. As I said, people don't want to debate, they just want to lash out at white people because they think that we "couldn't possibly understand" or "have no clue what it's like".

Uh huh.

Old 12-24-2018, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I didn't say they could make it, I'm saying it is pretty much the best shot out of most of the other groups.

To complain about being a white male and discrimination is both funny and sad to me.

Essentially "we have most of the opportunities, but we want them all."
Asians are at the top of the totem pole. They are educated, they work, and they rarely abandon their children. It's about coming from a 2 parent household and not the color of their skin or their sex.

Old 12-24-2018, 10:54 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,907,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
Well, I hope you can step up when you see people at a disadvantage then. Take your "benefit" and use it to help those without it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_FovXFdZkU

I don't see things the same as you, I refuse to see white men as the creme at the top in our country. I have strong role models who aren't always white and aren't always male. I don't see a man walking down the street and say to myself, gee whiz, I wish I could be him, he has so many advantages I don't. I don't look at a white person and say that either. Maybe you think my world is small, but it's mine and my outlook is great! It works for me.

To each their own.

If you're white and feel you are advantaged then maybe you can use that advantage to help all those who think they are at a disadvantage. That would be useful.
Lots of assumptions in this post.

And it's good you don't see white men as the "creme at the top". Because race has little to do with anything when it comes to ability.

Old 12-24-2018, 11:03 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,368,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
I said "crucial groundwork" not "critical groundwork"

What excuse would you be referring to?

A phantom distinction...

Written language can be traced back to the Phoenicians and they were European.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...-ancestry.html

Old 12-24-2018, 11:08 PM

22,461 posts, read 11,981,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
This is the Trump era. White straight fundamentalist Christians are the only people who even matter in this country anymore. You won. It’s time to stop playing the victim.
You've got one thing right --- It is indeed time for you to stop playing the victim
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies