U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 11:59 AM

26,621 posts, read 14,418,584 times

Advertisements

I can't believe I am seeing this... this happened back in 2012 in Japan. Hopefully it is not continuing today.

Soldiers don fake belly, breasts to better understand pregnant troops' exercise concerns

The Army is ordering its hardened combat veterans to wear fake breasts and empathy bellies so they can better understand how pregnant soldiers feel during physical training.

This week, 14 noncommissioned officers at Camp Zama took turns wearing the “pregnancy simulators” as they stretched, twisted and exercised during a three-day class that teaches them to serve as fitness instructors for pregnant soldiers and new mothers.

Sgt. Michael Braden, a helicopter crew chief who has served in Iraq, Afghanistan and Kosovo, said he was less than enthusiastic about taking part.

“I didn’t want to do it,” said Braden, 29, of Everett, Wash.

The 78th Aviation Battalion mechanic said he was ordered to do the training even though he doesn’t have any female soldiers in his unit and doesn’t see himself as the right sort of person to run the aerobics classes that make up a large portion of the PPPT training.

These are the types of things that make me want to cut the defense budget. I'm am usually with defense having plenty of funds to operate with... but not this.

The other problem I have is that the government bought a bunch of "Empathy Bellies" from someone and lined their pocket.

I KNOW this is not a big deal and it's old news. It was stunning to see this actually happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 05:05 PM

4,561 posts, read 2,551,715 times
The military is not there for the purpose of social engineering.

Old Today, 06:24 PM

4,032 posts, read 3,008,710 times
So six years ago 14 NCO's took part in an empathy training program for pregnant women. The military is falling part. Horrors.

Old Today, 06:54 PM

32,012 posts, read 18,894,366 times
Terrible
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies