Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2018, 06:35 PM

22,470 posts, read 11,990,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
What is a blatant lie and nonsense is saying that a wall would do nothing against illegal immigration. It's been proven over and over. You don't care about facts though, just your liberal talking points.

Liberals have been told many, many times (complete with links to back it up) that the wall Bill Clinton had built on the San Diego/Tijuana border has drastically cut down on crime and illegal crossings.

Yet, they insist on spewing the same old tired garbage.

Old 12-26-2018, 06:37 PM

22,470 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post
I have already responded to this point. Those walls made people go around them. You could seal the whole border, and people will go over or under it.

Do you lock your doors and windows when you are not home? If so, why do you bother? Anyone who really wanted to get in will find a way to do so.

Old 12-26-2018, 06:51 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

Do you lock your doors and windows when you are not home? If so, why do you bother? Anyone who really wanted to get in will find a way to do so.
This old trope of yours? Try a new discussion point... this one has the same smell as 3 day old fish heads lying in the sun.

Old 12-26-2018, 07:17 PM

937 posts, read 927,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I'm a nut? No, what's nuts are all the lame excuses not to build the wall in spite of the facts. Who cares what you're most concerned about? Most of us are more concerned about the security and safety of our nation's borders. Who said that the wall will stop illegal immigration 100%? 80% isn't good enough?

Now you're just going off topic.
...So a compromised President doesn't bother you as much as an obsession with 1644 technology that has become a tourist attraction moreso than a deterrent?

...Our nation's borders are fine. They really are. Compared to other countries, people wanting to come to America and succeed is a good thing. Border security isn't the problem: Ensuring immigrants go through the correct pathways is.

Who said the wall will stop illegal immigration at 80%?

How do you know that that just doesn't divert land immigration to sea immigration?

See? This is why we think it's stupid: It's poorly thought out and an archaic remedy that's expensive compared to other ways to alleviate the problem. It also takes away from the fact that the President (aside from just being a horrible person) is STILL compromised by foreign nationals so any action he takes should be taken with SEVERE scrutiny.

So yes.... You're nuts.

Absolutely nuts.

There's policy solutions to be made. A wall is a brute force solution to a problem that requires a good bit more tact than y'all are capable of.

Old 12-26-2018, 07:30 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post
I have already responded to this point. Those walls made people go around them. You could seal the whole border, and people will go over or under it.

Not if the Border Patrol is waiting for them while they go around them. The good walls haven't been tunneled under nor gone over. The last person that attempted broke both legs trying. Ever heard of tunnel sensors? Next.......

What part of fewer will try and fewer will succeed don't you get?

Old 12-26-2018, 07:31 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times
There are so many walls and barriers and fences down there now, what the H does Trump want? He'll never get it....

Old 12-26-2018, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARaider08 View Post
...So a compromised President doesn't bother you as much as an obsession with 1644 technology that has become a tourist attraction moreso than a deterrent?

...Our nation's borders are fine. They really are. Compared to other countries, people wanting to come to America and succeed is a good thing. Border security isn't the problem: Ensuring immigrants go through the correct pathways is.

Who said the wall will stop illegal immigration at 80%?

How do you know that that just doesn't divert land immigration to sea immigration?

See? This is why we think it's stupid: It's poorly thought out and an archaic remedy that's expensive compared to other ways to alleviate the problem. It also takes away from the fact that the President (aside from just being a horrible person) is STILL compromised by foreign nationals so any action he takes should be taken with SEVERE scrutiny.

So yes.... You're nuts.

Absolutely nuts.

There's policy solutions to be made. A wall is a brute force solution to a problem that requires a good bit more tact than y'all are capable of.

I'm done trying to reason with you while also providing you with the facts and reading your BS lame excuses not to secure our border with a good physical barrier where needed. Let's face it you don't want that because it will deter illegal immigration and that doesn't fit with your ulterior motive. You're arguments are so weak that you had to resort to personal attacks and that's the end for me. Learn how to debate like an adult but you anti-wall, anti-Trump people never do, unfortunately.

Buh, bye. Welcome to my ignore list.

Old 12-26-2018, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
There are so many walls and barriers and fences down there now, what the H does Trump want? He'll never get it....

Did you not see the pictures that someone posted in here of what some of these fences actually look like? How you think so many illegals are able to violate our border every month if they are sufficient and unbreachable? Trump wants to fix that, duh.

Old 12-26-2018, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

Liberals have been told many, many times (complete with links to back it up) that the wall Bill Clinton had built on the San Diego/Tijuana border has drastically cut down on crime and illegal crossings.

Yet, they insist on spewing the same old tired garbage.

Yep, day in and day out along with the other same lame talking points that they keep parroting over and over ad nauseum.

Old 12-26-2018, 08:46 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,809,897 times
Everything else aside my main problem with the wall is it's a symbol of how it's always about "those damn illegals". We have plenty of pressing issues in this country (and possibly world) but somehow all Trump and many of his supporters want to talk about is the illegals that are invading our country.
What about prescription medication and some OTC for example? Allopathy has its place but many people overlook and sometimes even doubt the dangers of these medications. The only time Trump has talked about it is the opioid addiction (and apparently didn't even do anything about it) and that absurd claim that vaccines cause autism as if somehow being autistic is worse than death. I will get to that more later but I will try to stay on track. I know that medication has always been a problem. I think even on the left people are guilty of this. As I said it was many people. However Trump claims to be this outsider that is going to shake up the system. It only proves he doesn't care. He only cares about votes. He portrays himself to be so bold and yet he's not bold enough to make a seemingly unpopular claim that might actually help people.

A good example of what the right is more guilty however is..yes environmental issues. Now I'm not saying that you have to automatically believe that global warming is real but you should at least consider the possibility because if you don't we will all suffer. I used to think that it wasn't a big deal and even posted a joke about it on here because I love the warm but it's so much more than just being too warm.

These are just a few scenarios of course. There are so many more things we can probably touch on.

Back to the autism thing he doesn't want to do anything about helping those who are different who might be struggling because of being different. He's obviously ableist so it doesn't surprise me but he should be able to put that aside if this is the job he wanted. But no again the illegals are the only thing that matters to him so why do we put so much energy into a stupid wall and not try to tackle other issues?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies