Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2018, 01:24 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,504,883 times

Advertisements

As Du Ma, an actual BP officer, has explained, they are being released because there is not enough room in the ICE facilities to keep families together. This is what caused the entire brouhaha over children being separated from their parents in the first place. So now that ICE has created an emergency stop gap measure to appease activists, people are going to complain about them being released and given vouchers to motels?

Absurd. Simply absurd.

Old 12-26-2018, 01:28 PM

2,486 posts, read 824,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
It's very sad, we must change our policies and laws and stop admitting illegal families to the United States. It is becoming overwhelming for ICE on the interior of the U.S.

The solution for the left is to abolish ICE, problem solved.

It seems to be some kind of twisted opposite day every day in their heads.

Old 12-26-2018, 01:30 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,611,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Are ICE workers federal employees that will not be paid due to government shutdown?
That is an interesting question. I think they would be considered "essential" who have to work without pay.

Old 12-26-2018, 01:34 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,354,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
What's going on? Sudden amnesty?
The government shut down.

ICE is running out of the funds it needs to keep them under lock and key. All those "non-essential" ICE clerks who are doing the record keeping and paperwork have been furloughed, along with all the service suppliers and others who are needed.

Old 12-26-2018, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post

Good idea. Then build a 30-foot tall beautiful concrete wall so the immigrants can't ever go back home again.

Without ICE, no one will ever know who among them is an illegal or not, so they'll all just stay forever.

Problem solved.

Old 12-26-2018, 03:42 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Wages must be getting too high.

Old 12-26-2018, 04:00 PM

7,811 posts, read 6,389,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
those released migrants are families

ICE/CBP have their hands tie.

1) keep families together at ICE holding facilities pending for an immigration court date which could take a while. However, that is a violation of Flores Agreement if they keep the minor children at ICE holding facilities with the adults

or

2) Separate adult and children, but we already know what's going to happen if we do that

or

3) release all families into US and hoping they will show up to their court date months or years down the road
I prefer 4) Release them in a different country.

Old 12-26-2018, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Releasing them to a different country always requires paperwork.

With no 'non-essential' secretaries and clerks to do the paperwork due to the shutdown, about all ICE can do is turn them loose and wait until Trump regains his senses. Once the non-essentials finally go back to their jobs, ICE will send them back to where they came from then.

If ICE can find them. Trump's idiocy probably allowed at least a thousand of them to be able to escape ICE forever. Another real smart move by the dotard.

Old 12-26-2018, 04:55 PM

2,486 posts, read 824,551 times
Originally Posted by Originalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Good idea. Then build a 30-foot tall beautiful concrete wall so the immigrants can't ever go back home again.

Without ICE, no one will ever know who among them is an illegal or not, so they'll all just stay forever.

Problem solved.
THAT was such a disconnected rant I have no clue how to approach it.

Did you actually think I meant to abolish ICE?

I guess I need to type at the middle school level so it's easier to understand.

sad
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
I second that. The left are big on diversity, right?

Let's drop them all in countries other than their own and call it a contribution to their welfare and that of those countries.

A win-win!

It's Miller time!

Old 12-26-2018, 05:55 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,364,655 times
What a disgrace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies