Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2018, 06:20 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,192,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Okay, I'm being facetious ... but it's so important to him, and he's so rich, and he wants support, he should offer a matching grant, and tell Congress he'll pay for half.

As if.

Get your facts right first before your sarcasm. The United States pledged $5.8 Billion in aid and investment for strengthening government and economic development in Central America (Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Panama), and another $4.8 Billion in development aid for southern Mexico. Total AID pledged = $10.6 Billion. The U.S. goods trade deficit with Mexico was $71.0 Billion in 2017 under NAFTA.

With USMCA, USA will gain tens of billions dollars a year = more than enough to pay for the wall $ from Mexico alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2018, 06:32 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,731,537 times
He's just going to get Mexico to pay for it so I see no reason for all the fuss. Oh wait........

Old 12-27-2018, 06:41 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,192,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
He's just going to get Mexico to pay for it so I see no reason for all the fuss. Oh wait........

We pay first, then it'll be fully paid by Mexico PLUS within a year.

You like the dems/liberals/"x" amount of reps don't like the facts/narrative, but it's okay to give BILLIONS upon BILLIONS of Dollars to other countries.

All this theatre is because the dems want election security AND not to let Trump succeed.

Old 12-27-2018, 06:45 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post

"Polly wanna cracker"?

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/Pay_for_the_Wall.pdf

Old 12-27-2018, 07:48 AM

6,800 posts, read 14,018,392 times
"All this theatre is because the dems want election security AND not to let Trump succeed."

NOPE! We have all this theatre because we have a fat lie sold to gullible voters. They really thought the great Donald Chump was going to build a great wall that would only reveal the great wall of China. They were told Mexico would pay for it although they told the great one to go pound sand. Now the Dems are going to take over the house and the chumpster knows the *** is up. He gave away the only leverage he had win he proclaimed he would gladly take the lead on the partial shutdown. What these Trumpster's fail to understand is that you have to give something to get something. The Dems have zero reason to give Trump one dime for a wall. He could have had 25 billion for signing off on DACA. The reneged on that deal. He then reneged on a second deal but his the hardcore Republicans put a bug in his ear. The great negotiator has been complete failure. The great wall will fail just like his claim of affordable heathcare. Trump is distant uncle that always have a get quick plan but always come up short when it comes to execution. He is gonna get a chain link fence and these fools will proclaim he won. You just wait and see.

Old 12-27-2018, 09:34 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Talking You're upside down and backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
I'll be facetious too...

Using your logic, OP, why don't those who oppose the wall personally house and pay for all of the illegal immigrants coming over the border?

As if.
All of the GOP business owners who hire these illegals by the million to undercut American workers should be required to pony up.

They benefit, they pay.

But Pubs would NEVER agree to employer sanctions, because the GOP is all about cheap labor and sending more of America's resources to the already wealthy.

It's obvious.

Carry on.

Old 12-27-2018, 09:45 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post

Once we build the wall we should continue to tax you as if it were not built.
Who's "we?"
Quote:
YOU will end up paying for the wall one way or the other.
Oh no we won't.

Stay tuned.
Quote:
BTW, I dropped a Jackson on the go fund me gig. I believe it's up to almost $18M in just a week. Almost 300,000 like me makes me feel all warm and fuzzy and patriotic. The same as that warm and fuzzy feeling you get by supporting illegals with our (other peoples) money.

The irony is that you are outraged over $5B to try and fix the problem, while not saying a damn word about the hundreds of billions spent on the problem itself.

It's a dumb and dumber argument.
What's dumbest of all is how Trumplings refuse to acknowledge that illegal labor is just one more facet of corporate welfare.

Because they're told to support that huge boondoggle.

Being the compliant followers they are, they get right in step and bellyache endlessly about the illegals coming her for work, but NEVER mention the guys who hire them.

Shut down a few corporations that hire illegals, jail their CEOs, and the problem goes away quickly and inexpensively.

Instead, Trumplings want a stupid wall.

And GOP business owners want that wall, too. Because they'll still get their illegal workers anyway.

Carry on.

[url=

Old 12-27-2018, 10:38 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,427,778 times
Citizens are already donating money to build the wall and get it done!

https://www.gofundme.com/TheTrumpWall

Old 12-27-2018, 10:45 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,722,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
Citizens are already donating money to build the wall and get it done!

https://www.gofundme.com/TheTrumpWall
17 million down, 983 million left to go to reach that first billion! Seems as though the rate of donation has slowed though; the average was 2 million per day and now the average is down to 1.7 million per day. In a few decades there might be enough raised through this GoFundMe.

Old 12-27-2018, 01:06 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
All of the GOP business owners who hire these illegals by the million to undercut American workers should be required to pony up.

They benefit, they pay.

But Pubs would NEVER agree to employer sanctions, because the GOP is all about cheap labor and sending more of America's resources to the already wealthy.

It's obvious.

Carry on.

Got a link to it's just "GOP"? Or don't you care, as long as it's dems doing it?

Now, bring your stupid cartoon....

I'm not mad....

I'm not anything....

No matter how much you say I am....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies