Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2018, 01:23 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,422,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
The poll is a joke. It was the first time in 17 years that Hillary Clinton wasn't voted the most admired. Michelle Obama is successful at what? Please post facts and links.

Obama was worse than Carter. Obama was also the first president to never have one year of 3% GDP. The first EVER! And he had 8 chances.
I already posted the facts about the educated and successful Obamas. It started way before they entered the White House. If you look you will find it. If you don't, you won't find it

You can post facts about how Obama is worse than Carter or our current administration. Your opinion isn't facts. It's baseless. So far no facts just opinion and the usual rhetoric.

If we count the first fails of our current adminstration, the list would be long. It's only been 2 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2018, 01:27 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,671,669 times
I remember decency.

Old 12-28-2018, 01:46 PM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times
I didnt read 14 pages of replies, so I mighthave missed this. I did read Gallups methodology.

Nowhere could I find what % of Dems were in the 1,000+ sample, and what % Republicans, and what % of Independents.

Without that, this is bogus. What if 60% of the 1,000+ polled were Dems, 10% idependents, and 30% Repubublicans?

Old 12-28-2018, 04:22 PM

9,724 posts, read 14,264,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
I already posted the facts about the educated and successful Obamas. It started way before they entered the White House. If you look you will find it. If you don't, you won't find it
I found it. Yes, it started WAY before he entered the White House.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE9mZCRX2mg

Old 12-28-2018, 04:36 PM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I didnt read 14 pages of replies, so I mighthave missed this. I did read Gallups methodology.

Nowhere could I find what % of Dems were in the 1,000+ sample, and what % Republicans, and what % of Independents.

Without that, this is bogus. What if 60% of the 1,000+ polled were Dems, 10% idependents, and 30% Repubublicans?

This Gallup poll has been around for decades, I don't see a breakdown but that doesn't mean its slanted. Its a random poll and not surprising that Trump isn't in the top 10, history will not treat him kindly. But as usual the poll must be wrong, how could this be?

Even the Dalai Lama beat him out.

Quote:
The remainder of the top 10 most admired men this year includes former President George W. Bush, Pope Francis, Microsoft founder Bill Gates, Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, former President Bill Clinton, the Dalai Lama, former Vice President Joe Biden, Tesla CEO Elon Musk and Vice President Mike Pence.

The top 10 list this year is notable for the absence of two men who often ranked high but who passed away in 2018, Sen. John McCain and the Rev. Billy Graham. McCain finished in the top 10 six times, while Graham had more top 10 finishes than any man or woman, a record 61 times. Graham was in the top 10 every year from 1955 through 2017, with the exception of 1962. Graham never finished first, but he was second eight times, most recently in 1999.

Ronald Reagan has the second most top 10 finishes behind Graham, with 31, followed by Jimmy Carter (28), Pope John Paul II (27) and Bill Clinton, whose appearance this year is his 26th. Clinton did not finish among the top 10 in 2017, but did so every year between 1992 and 2016.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/245669/...n-admired.aspx

Old 12-28-2018, 04:47 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Come on, knock it off. She also married Individual 1 for his money. She’s a winner!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
And another remark slamming a successful woman....and another one with foot lodged in mouth! Keep bashing women, and you're helping MAGA.
I didn’t bash her at all. I stated a fact, did I not?

You don’t think they married for love, do you??

Old 12-28-2018, 04:57 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,691,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
They are a breath of fresh air compared to the Individual 1 in office now. People appreciate the Obamas more. That's a good thing. Sometimes we have to get good people taken from us before we appreciate them. The Individual 1 supporters opinions are clearly disregarded and as usually hold no credibility.

Michelle Obama actually has an education and worked as an attorney at a law firm. She didn't marry a rich man to climb to the top. She wrote a book that is the best selling book of the year and she is on a successful book tour. She is a former first lady many can relate to more than what we currently have. I speak for more Americans on the Obamas success than Individual 1 supporters.

Obviously, Individual 1 supporters have nothing on Treasonous Trump's family success except Mueller indictments, lawsuits, daddy money/business, bone spurs, centerfolds, and investigations.

I agree. The Obama's set a shining example to all Americans on how to be successful moochers. 8 years and they did nothing but party at the White House and globetrot all around the planet while sucking the public tit dry.

Old 12-28-2018, 09:44 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,624,170 times
Trump's head must be exploding now since he loves polls so much.

Old 12-28-2018, 09:47 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,624,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
The poll is a joke. It was the first time in 17 years that Hillary Clinton wasn't voted the most admired. Michelle Obama is successful at what? Please post facts and links.

Obama was worse than Carter. Obama was also the first president to never have one year of 3% GDP. The first EVER! And he had 8 chances.
and Trump presides over the worst month the stock market has seen since the Great Depression !

See how that works?

Old 12-28-2018, 09:55 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Lotta butthurtery in this thread.

Just know that Trump nor any other conservative politician will finish atop that list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies