Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should we pay 5 billion for a wall Trump promised Mexico was to pay for?
Yes, we should. Mexico will pay us back. 127 37.91%
No, we don't need more wasteful spending. 208 62.09%
Voters: 335. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2018, 08:18 AM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRNW View Post
That isn’t what was promised during the campaign. I was told, as his number one promise, that Mexico was buying us a wall. Why am I now being told that I have to pay for it?

Once again, Trump never said the Mexico would write us a check for it and I posted a link showing what the plan is so why do you keep parroting this over and over? Where were you back in 2006 when congress passed the wall bill and it was to be soley funded by the taxpayer? Were you outraged back then? Thought not!

Old 12-30-2018, 08:20 AM

25,575 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Why the focus on Mexicans? The majority of those coming illegally are no longer Mexicans and many are from other countries overstaying their visas.
Might want to take a trip to a local construction site or poultry processing plant and test that theory.
"Overstaying their visa"......

Old 12-30-2018, 08:22 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,097,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Might want to take a trip to a local construction site or poultry processing plant and test that theory.
"Overstaying their visa"......
Oh yes because that’s the only place illegal immigrants go to. And by the way since you point out that industry let’s ask the tougher question. WHO is hiring them? How much are they paying them? How many Americans are being kept from those jobs?

5 facts about illegal immigration in the U.S. | Pew Research Center

Old 12-30-2018, 08:25 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Why the focus on Mexicans? The majority of those coming illegally are no longer Mexicans and many are from other countries overstaying their visas.

I don't think the 17 daily illegal criminals caught ever single day agree with you....and those are the ones who are caught....

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/c...ien-statistics

Quote:
The term “criminal alien” refers to aliens who have been convicted of one or more crimes, whether in the United States or abroad, prior to interdiction by the U.S. Border Patrol; it does not include convictions for conduct that is not deemed criminal by the United States. Arrests of criminal aliens are a subset of total apprehensions by U.S. Border Patrol.

Old 12-30-2018, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I don't think the 17 daily illegal criminals caught ever single day agree with you....and those are the ones who are caught....

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/c...ien-statistics
And we are catching them without the wall. Imagine that. As I said you want a wall I have no problems with it as long as it’s Mexico paying for it.

Old 12-30-2018, 08:27 AM

25,575 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
Oh yes because that’s the only place illegal immigrants go to. And by the way since you point out that industry let’s ask the tougher question. WHO is hiring them? How much are they paying them? How many Americans are being kept from those jobs?

5 facts about illegal immigration in the U.S. | Pew Research Center
With regard to your 3 question, I dunno; I dunno; I dunno. But neither do you.
Your article did have this bit... The number of unauthorized immigrants has grown since 2007 only from one birth region: Central America, from 1.5 million that year to nearly 1.9 million in 2016.... and from your posts we are led to believe that all these immigrants flew in on Delta and just overstayed their visa?
Nah. They came across our Southern border because there has been to wall to stop them.

Old 12-30-2018, 08:29 AM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Lolz...

Y'all don't want the wall no matter who pays for it.

If Trump did get Mexico to pay for it, you'd be screaming that it's racist to make such a poor country pay fo our wall or some such nonsense.

So stop pretending like it matters because we all know that the real reason you don't want it is just to spite Trump.

........that and you're afraid that it might actually work.

The absolute truth! These lefty liberals don't want the wall because they know it will deter a high percentage of illegal aliens from getting into our country therefore they make every excuse in the book not to build it including crying about Mexico paying for it day in and day out in here when they sure didn't do that back in 2006 when for sure the taxpayer was going to have to fully fund it.

I have posted link after link proving that the good walls do work and how it is cost effective to the taxpayer. I've even posted links from the Border Patrol and Homeland Security that want the wall built and yet they still remain in denial when the facts hit them right square in the face.

You're absolutely right they don't want the wall no matter how pays for it nor how effective it is or cost effective it is because of their own personal and selfish agendas. Wish they'd just be honest enough to admit it at least I'd have more respect for them if they did instead of all of this pretending and arguing in here all day long.

Old 12-30-2018, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The absolute truth! These lefty liberals don't want the wall because they know it will deter a high percentage of illegal aliens from getting into our country therefore they make every excuse in the book not to build it including crying about Mexico paying for it day in and day out in here when they sure didn't do that back in 2006 when for sure the taxpayer was going to have to fully fund it.

I have posted link after link proving that the good walls do work and how it is cost effective to the taxpayer. I've even posted links from the Border Patrol and Homeland Security that want the wall built and yet they still remain in denial when the facts hit them right square in the face.

You're absolutely right they don't want the wall no matter how pays for it nor how effective it is or cost effective it is because of their own personal and selfish agendas. Wish they'd just be honest enough to admit it at least I'd have more respect for them if they did instead of all of this pretending and arguing in here all day long.
Mexico should pay for it as promised. Be honest with yourself.

Old 12-30-2018, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
With regard to your 3 question, I dunno; I dunno; I dunno. But neither do you.
Your article did have this bit... The number of unauthorized immigrants has grown since 2007 only from one birth region: Central America, from 1.5 million that year to nearly 1.9 million in 2016.... and from your posts we are led to believe that all these immigrants flew in on Delta and just overstayed their visa?
Nah. They came across our Southern border because there has been to wall to stop them.
Really spinning once again I said many overstayed their visas didn’t say they were the majority were. My point is that the majority are now Central American not Mexicans

And I love deflecting the bigger questions

Who is hiring them?
How much they are paying them?
How come Americans are getting hose jobs?

And yes you know the answer. MONEY. Cheap labor for jobs Americans specially with the low unemployment rate won’t be lining up for.

But we want cheap food

Old 12-30-2018, 08:36 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
And we are catching them without the wall. Imagine that. As I said you want a wall I have no problems with it as long as it’s Mexico paying for it.

Those are the ones we are catching....who knows how many more stroll across.....

I don't care who pays for it, it works and has been documented that is absolutely does work.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies