Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should we pay 5 billion for a wall Trump promised Mexico was to pay for?
Yes, we should. Mexico will pay us back. 127 37.91%
No, we don't need more wasteful spending. 208 62.09%
Voters: 335. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2018, 09:06 AM

46,267 posts, read 27,085,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Really? And how do you know this?

He was re-elected....

Old 12-30-2018, 09:08 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
tRump (and his followers) ain't gettin' that wall.

And that's the name of that tune.

Old 12-30-2018, 09:12 AM

46,267 posts, read 27,085,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
tRump (and his followers) ain't gettin' that wall.

And that's the name of that tune.

You're so off tune, you have no clue....

He got the wall and more on the way....

Quote:
  • El Centro Project (2.25 miles): Completed.
  • El Paso Project (20 miles): Completed
  • San Diego Primary Project (14 miles): Completion anticipated in May 2019.
  • El Paso Project (4 miles): Construction started in September.

Quote:
In FY18, Congress provided $1.375B for border wall construction which equates to approximately 84 miles of border wall in multiple locations across the Southwest border, including:
  • $251M for a secondary border wall in the San Diego Sector
  • $445M to construct a new levee wall system in the Rio Grande Valley Sector
  • $196M to construct a new steel bollard wall system in Rio Grande Valley Sector
  • $445M for a primary pedestrian wall in San Diego, El Centro, Yuma and Tucson Sectors

Quote:
DHS is positioned to construct 215 miles of Border Patrol’s highest priority border wall miles including:
  • ~5 miles in San Diego Sector in California
  • ~14 miles in El Centro Sector in California
  • ~27 miles in Yuma Sector in Arizona
  • ~9 miles in El Paso Sector in New Mexico
  • ~55 miles in Laredo Sector in Texas
  • ~104 miles in Rio Grande Valley Sector in Texas

Pesky facts.....

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2018/12/12/walls-work

Old 12-30-2018, 09:16 AM

365 posts, read 270,353 times
Default No, not at all

First, why implement something that does not 100% solve the problem.

5 billion could go to improving our infrastructure a lot further, than building something that will not stop
100% of entries.

If you have three holes in your tire, and you only plug two of them, you got your wall.

The Border Patrol System could improve to a point that is close to what this stupid wall would do (with a lot less than 5 billion).

Why would you let Snakes dictate what is good for the Mice.
.............................Wolves...………… …. …………... Sheep
I think, the only way a wall would really work is, and that is not going to happen.

I don't care about anything from the past,
Wrong is Wrong, even when everyone is doing it
Right is Right, even when no one is doing it

Attached Thumbnails
Should We Pay 5 Billion For A Wall?-0058.jpg  

Old 12-30-2018, 09:16 AM

50,362 posts, read 63,948,892 times
We should pay whatever it costs to close the border. I hear we are threatening to, or have already, cut off aid in the billions to Honduras and Guatemala and other Central American countries as penalty for encouraging their citizens to come here. The cost savings would easily pay for the border wall.

Old 12-30-2018, 09:21 AM

50,362 posts, read 63,948,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txwolfman View Post

5 billion could go to improving our infrastructure a lot further, than building something that will not stop
100% of entries.

If you have three holes in your tire, and you only plug two of them, you got your wall.

The Border Patrol System could improve to a point that is close to what this stupid wall would do (with a lot less than 5 billion).

I think, the only way a wall would really work is, and that is not going to happen.

I think of the wall as ONE of the tools in the toolbox, no less necessary than other tools like state of the art surveillance.

Old 12-30-2018, 09:22 AM

25,567 posts, read 17,271,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Really spinning once again I said many overstayed their visas didn’t say they were the majority were. My point is that the majority are now Central American not Mexicans..........
And you think those central Americans traveled here legally and overstayed their visas? You believe that? And you don't believe they entered through an unguarded portion of the US Mexico border?
Where have you been?!

Old 12-30-2018, 09:32 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,877,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txwolfman View Post

100% of entries.

Welllllll what solution works 100% of the time?
The ACA cost over 2 billion just for the web sight, for a system that did the opposite.
The F-35 is a turd that cost a billion.
Ford class carrier? 14 billion for a ship that really can't do anything better than the Nimitz class that it is replacing.
I can go on and on with spending that does not a thing or very little that the left was all for.

You have either never worked on a farm or hunted. If you had you would understand the term herding. These walls will divert illegals to fewer points of entry. Fewer points of entry make the border easier to manage. Will some defeat the walls? Maybe.

I would rather see a strictly enforced E-verify system that includes all schools, hospitals, landlords, employers, banks and government agencies. Put some real teeth behind it that would hammer and I do mean hammer anyone caught dealing with illegals. That includes the cheap jerks trolling Home Depot parking lots for cheap labor.

Old 12-30-2018, 09:41 AM

62,930 posts, read 29,119,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Welllllll what solution works 100% of the time?
The ACA cost over 2 billion just for the web sight, for a system that did the opposite.
The F-35 is a turd that cost a billion.
Ford class carrier? 14 billion for a ship that really can't do anything better than the Nimitz class that it is replacing.
I can go on and on with spending that does not a thing or very little that the left was all for.

You have either never worked on a farm or hunted. If you had you would understand the term herding. These walls will divert illegals to fewer points of entry. Fewer points of entry make the border easier to manage. Will some defeat the walls? Maybe.

I would rather see a strictly enforced E-verify system that includes all schools, hospitals, landlords, employers, banks and government agencies. Put some real teeth behind it that would hammer and I do mean hammer anyone caught dealing with illegals. That includes the cheap jerks trolling Home Depot parking lots for cheap labor.

I agree with most of your post but not all illegals are coming here to work so e-verify won't do a thing to stop them, thus the wall.

For those coming here to work we'd also need to remove birthright citizenship for their kids and all the benefits they can derive from that. Not sure how e-verify would work for those who pay cash to their workers either.

Old 12-30-2018, 09:44 AM

23,541 posts, read 17,216,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Trump has shut down the government over what he proposed Mexico was to pay for. Should we pay for it?
Trump shut down the government and the democrats are charged with keeping it closed.

Dems agreed to fund the wall to the tune of 46 billion dollars.

Dems own keeping the government closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies